Chances (Hidden part)

Winrina = Jiminjeong

The first time Minjeong saw Jimin, she always find her appealing. She's undeniably drop dead gorgeous, that's for sure. It's not a surprise to her when everyone is falling for her and going crazy over her. Minjeong would too, if only Jimin was not a player. It's the only thing that stops Minjeong from having a crush on Jimin, her bad reputation. After all, Minjeong values someone's personality the most.

Well, not that it's her business. Jimin can do whatever she wants, it's her life. Yet, it never occurs in Minjeong's mind that Jimin will notice her. So imagine her confusion when Jimin first approached her, with her signature captivating smile.

 

"Hi, Kim Minjeong right?"

"Yes. How may I help you?" Minjeong still replied with manners.

"I want you."

 

Minjeong really only stared at Jimin like she had just grown a horn or something. She scoffed when it all have been processed in her head. Jimin have her eyes on her now. She applauded Jimin for her confidence but no. She wouldn't be that easy for her. She won't let her play with her. So she did what she thinks she should do. She ignored her and told her to find someone else instead.

She thought Jimin will leave her alone since the girl's pride is a little high if she must say. However, Jimin never stops bothering her. Throwing her some pick up lines and showing how a good soul she can be for her. She will get tired eventually, that's what Minjeong thought. Until one day, her best friend shared some informations with her.

 

"So, I heard a certain Yoo is interested in my best friend now."

"Mhm."

"And I heard she's losing her mind in trying to get your attention."

"Yeah, right." Minjeong snorted.

"It's true. I didn't mean to eavesdrop but yeah, I heard that she can't sleep thinking of a way to win your heart and that she really likes you and-"

"Ning. She's Yoo Jimin."

"Okay, and?"

"She will never be serious about someone, you know that right?"

"Well, who knows this time she is."

"I don't want to risk my heart. I have no time for that."

"But I kind of ship you with her."

"You stop it right now or I will ignore you too."

"Okay okay. Got it ma'am."

 

She's thinking that Jimin will stop after a while. Yeah, then she will have her peaceful life again. But no, Jimin seems like not stopping at all. She will find any ways to appraoch her secretly to talk to her. No matter how many times she had been ignored, she would still keep coming to her. 

This has to stop. Minjeong can't let her keep bothering her. So she quickly thought of an idea how to end this. The competition, she offered Jimin a deal. Win the competition then she will agree to let her court her.

 

"Bestie, you owe me. I was supposed to have my rest."

"I'll treat you for a week."

"Got you covered. Bye!"

 

It's not that hard to convince Ningning to watch the competition on her behalf. She needs to know about the outcome so Jimin wouldn't dare to lie to her about the result. A day before the competition, she went to meet with Kwon Yuri who is her mother's friend's daughter.

 

"Minjeong ah. Come, sit here."

Minjeong smiled and sat down beside her. They agreed to meet at their favourite swimming centre.

"Been a long time."

"I know."

"So, what brings you here?"

"Do you know Yoo Jimin?"

"Hm. I do. Why?"

 

Kwon Yuri is like an older sister Minjeong wished she could have but oh well, Kwon Yuri have been fulfilling the position unknowingly. Minjeong is comfortable to share about anything with her because she trust her. Kwon Yuri listens well too. So she told her everything.

 

"Wow. The youngest Yoo got her eyes on our Kim Minjeong here."

"Unnie please." 

Yuri laughed.

"Okay, so you don't want me to go easy on her?"

"Yeah. You have to win the competition, unnie. Show me that you're still the best swimmer and my idol."

"Pfft. Even if I don't win, I will still be your idol. I am that awesome okay."

Minjeong laughed with her this time.

"But okay, I'll see what I can do for you. I can't wait to meet this Yoo Jimin in person."

 

Minjeong was just doing her revision at home when she received a text message from her best friend, saying that Jimin got second place for the competition. She smiled and sighed in relief then continued reading her paper. After half an hour, she got a call from Kwon Yuri.

 

"Yes unnie?"

"Kim Minjeong. You have to let her court you."

"Huh?"

"Yoo Jimin."

"Why?"

"She's very frustrated when she lost. It's as if like a kid had just lost her favourite toy."

"Unnie, seriously. Stop joking around."

"I am not. You should have seen her face! It was cute that I almost laughed hahaha. But yeah, an advice from an unnie, I think you should try and give her a chance."

"I don't know. I'll think about it."

"Good. Think about it okay. I am rooting for you and her. It's been my dreams to see you dating someone."

"Yeah yeah."

 

 

Ever since the conversation with Kwon Yuri, Minjeong tried to observe Jimin silently. She noticed some changes in her. How she doesn't just throw her pretty smiles to everyone like she always do. She always looks like she was not in the mood lately. She looked cold and distracted.

Her best friend doesn't help either. She keep telling Minjeong to talk to Jimin and give her a chance. Just like now.

"I swear, I can feel my goosebumps here Minjeongie. I'm this close in pushing her to you so she can stop staring."

Minjeong scoffed and ignored Ningning's blabbering.

"I mean, you are glad that she stops bothering you but honestly speaking? I would very much prefer her to come and talk to you rather than staring at you like she's dying to marry you and make love with you."

"Yah! Stop saying nonsense." Minjeong hissed and glared at Ningning.

"What? It's true! I don't even know how did you manage to handle it. If I have a Yoo Jimin staring at me like that? Oh trust me, I can't even breath properly anymore."

"You're just over exeggerating."

"Am not!"

Minjeong just shakes her head before sipping on her drinks. She thinks again of what Kwon Yuri told her and everything that Ningning have said about Jimin's attention for her. Minjeong then lifted up her head and looked at Jimin. Oh, she is already looking.

Minjeong rolled her eyes. Right, this has to end. She can't let this go on forever. It's either giving her a chance or stop her at once. So she signalled Jimin to meet her outside to talk. She's thinking of what should she do with Jimin while she's waiting outside. Maybe one more chance for Jimin, a fair chance.

 

 

...

 

 

"You are going to let her win."

Minjeong rolled her eyes for the million times at Yuri's words. They were on call as Minjeong walks towards the swimming centre.

"You're just the same like Ningning."

"Because when will we ever get the chance to see you finally have a love life?"

"It's not that important now. I'm busy with my not related love life already."

"Nope. You have to create your own love story too. It's time."

"Ugh. I'll talk to you later unnie, bye."

"Wait-"

Minjeong didn't wait for her to say more and just hung up once she entered the area. She's surprised to see Jimin is inside already and have been swimming alone. She greeted the girl then prepared to warm up right away. 

"Have you been swimming just now? Won't you feel tired later on?" Minjeong asked her.

Minjeong can only scoff at Jimin's confident answer to her questions, saying that she has a good stamina. Minjeong just want to quickly be done with it all so she offered four rounds only. Minjeong knows Jimin must have been surprised to find out that she can swim well too. Who is she kidding? She got Mrs Kwon and Yuri unnie as her coaches.

"How the hell are you so good at swimming?"

Minjeong fixed her hair then looked at Jimin. She almost win, but she's too lazy to use up her energy that much for a small deal. Right there and then, Minjeong finally understands. Jimin's frustrated look. She almost smile at the sight. It's not often she can get this kind of reaction from Jimin.

"And Yuri unnie is right."

"Huh?"

"That you look cute when you're frustrated."

Minjeong have to get out now. She got her things before she went back to Jimin. Jimin have that confused look on her face. Cute.

"You may court me, Yoo Jimin. I'll see you around."

And when Minjeong finally steps further away from Jimin, that's when a smile appears on her face. She's going to let her court her anyways, win or not. She just want to see Jimin's reaction by teasing her secretly like that.

"Now now, let's see if you can find a way into my heart or not." Minjeong muttered.