Attention

Winrina = Jiminjeong

Loud laughters could be heard from a group of friends at one of the tables in the club. Everyone was cheering except for one girl who groaned in protest. 

"Come on. Give me something easy." Said the person.

"Now now, Winter. Nothing is easy in life."

"I hate you, Ning."

The said name just laughed with the others. Winter sighed and pouted.

"Hey, it won't be long. Just a song and then you're done." Ning said, her best friend.

"Ugh, fine."

"Oh yeah!!"

Winter's friends were all cheering, gaining some of the attention but they couldn't care less. They are regular there too so all of the staffs just shake their head, knowing the group is making a silly bet as always.

This time, the DJ laughed seeing Winter walking towards him on the stage.

"Let me guess, you lost a bet and this is your punishment?"

"Yes, smart boy. I have to sing."

The DJ laughed harder hearing what Winter just told him.

"Oh my god. Your friends never fail to amuse me with their demand."

"Right." Winter sighed but took the mic nonetheless.

"So, what song?"

"Anything, Mark. Just anything."

"On it. Off you go!" Mark winked and gestured her to stand in the middle of the stage.

Mark stopped the song and chuckled when he heard the people were protesting as they were just having fun dancing.

"I know I know. But I got something special for you guys tonight. One of our favourite regular here will be singing a song and keep us entertained."

Mark raised his hand to signal the cheers to stop before he speaks again. 

"Excited, aren't we? Well. Let's enjoy this guys! Winter, blow our mind yeah!" Mark cheered with the others before he plays a random song for Winter.

Winter waited and listened to the song carefully and scoffed as soon as she figured out the song. Attention by Charlie Puth. Winter then took a deep breath before she starts to sing.

 

Oooh
You've been runnin' round, runnin' round, runnin' round throwin' that dirt all on my name
'Cause you knew that I, knew that I, knew that I'd call you up
You've been going round, going round, going round every party in L.A.
'Cause you knew that I, knew that I, knew that I'd be at one, oh

 

I know that dress is karma, perfume regret
You got me thinking 'bout when you were mine, oh
And now I'm all up on ya, what you expect?
But you're not coming home with me tonight

 

Winter was just looking around and glad to see the people started to dance and bouncing to her singing again. Her eyes went around the tables and caught a pair of sharp eyes staring at her. Oh. Of course, she knew the girl. Who wouldn't. She and her friends are quite regulars there as well but they never really interact with each other. Just acknowledging that they are familiar with each other whenever they saw each other in the club.

However, seeing the girl kept staring at her boost her confidence and so, she decided to make this silly bet more fun. She started to lift up her chin and smirked as she tried to sing while maintaining her eyes on the girl.

 

You just want attention, you don't want my heart
Maybe you just hate the thought of me with someone new
Yeah, you just want attention, I knew from the start
You're just making sure I'm never gettin' over you

 

Winter giggled for a little bit through the mic and the crowds went aww-ed for a second before they went back to cheering and dancing again.

 

you've been runnin' round, runnin' round, runnin' round throwing that dirt all on my name
'Cause you knew that I, knew that I, knew that I'd call you up
Baby, now that we're, now that we're, now that we're right here standing face-to-face
You already know, already know, already know that you won, oh

 

I know that dress is karma (dress is karma), perfume regret
You got me thinking 'bout when you were mine (you got me thinking 'bout when you were mine)
And now I'm all up on ya (all up on ya), what you expect? (oh baby)
But you're not coming home with me tonight (oh no)

 

You just want attention, you don't want my heart
Maybe you just hate the thought of me with someone new
Yeah, you just want attention, I knew from the start
You're just making sure I'm never gettin' over you, oh

 

Winter began to dance while singing too now, just feeling herself and pray a certain girl is still looking. As she twirled herself around, she stopped before singing the next verse and her eyes found the girl's eyes again.

 

What are you doin' to me, what are you doin', huh?
(What are you doin'?)
What are you doin' to me, what are you doin', huh?
(What are you doin'?)
What are you doin' to me, what are you doin', huh?
(What are you doin'?)
What are you doin' to me, what are you doin', huh?

 

The whole time Winter stared back at her while singing and tried to speak to her through her eyes, as if telling her that she's asking her directly what was she doing to her when she couldn't stop looking back at her. Winter saw her tilted her head this time and raising her eyebrows. Gotcha! Winter smirked before looking away, that just confirmed her that the girl was indeed staring at her and knew that Winter was trying to get more of her attention through her performance.

Winter then ended her singing perfectly before bowing to the crowds and thanked them for enjoying her impromptu performance. Mark shared a high five with her before letting her off the stage. Winter laughed and did few high fives more with some people who were praising her as she walked past them.

Before approaching her friends at their table who wouldn't stop cheering for her, her eyes glanced back to the girl again and Winter gave a wink.

"Aye aye! That's our Winter, woohoo!!" Johnny cheered along with the others. Winter just rolled her eyes before taking a seat beside Ning again.

"You good girl." Ning grinned and gave her a glass of water. Winter chuckled and nodded her head. 

They continued their game with more silly bet again while letting Winter taking a rest as they bet the others this time.

"You know, I saw what you did to the Karina girl earlier." Ning whispered.

Winter hummed and looked at her friend with a straight face.

"Yeah, and?"

"Well, didn't expect you would be that brave to flirt with someone like her." Ning wiggled her eyebrows.

"What about her?"

"Oh come on. Don't pretend that you don't know. We all know that she's a popular one in her campus. I know this from my friend who went to the same campus."

"And we all know she's such a heartthrob." Both Winter and Ning turned to their friend, Johnny. Now everyone's attention at Winter.

"I think you had enough rest. Why don't we play next game with you now?" Johnny asked, smirking.

"Hmm, bad. You're thinking something bad. Nope." Winter squinted her eyes at him causing him to laugh with the others.

"He's the wildest one after all." Ning chuckled.

"Say, if you do this one dare from me, we will never bother you for a week." Johnny said.

"Make it a month."

Johnny rolled his eyes but sighed.

"Okay, a month then. So you're in?"

"Fine. One last dare and then I'm out of this stupid game for a month. Deal?" Winter looked at everyone who just shrugged and nodded their head.

"Deal!" Johnny agreed before grinning.

"So, as Karina was mentioned earlier..."

"Johnny." Winter gritted her teeth but Johnny only laughed.

"I want you to go to her, sit on her lap and kiss her."

Everyone gasped before they burst out laughing. Johnny smirked as he crossed his arms.

"The hell! I can't do that!" Winter frowned.

"Oh oh! Is this where we will finally witness Winter Kim backing out from a dare?" Johnny fake a gasp and cover his mouth with his palm.

Winter snorted and stood up. All of them now looking at her expectantly. 

"One month. No dare for me for one month and after this, you must admit that me, Winter Kim is not a coward. No more arguments after this." Winter warned Johnny.

Johnny is a very naughty friend and very annoying. He likes to make fun of everyone especially Winter, it all starts from when Winter always backing out to talk to her long time crush until it was too late for her already as her crush was taken now.

But even so, Johnny is still a good friend to them.

"Got it." Johnny gives her a thumbs up.

Winter then drank a glass of water in one go before sighing heavily.

"Hey, you're going to do it?" Ning asked in concerned.

"Mm. Watch me."

They all watched how Winter take confident steps towards Karina Yoo, a girl who everyone admire but never dare to approach. Her strong charisma always intimidated people around her.

Winter scanned the table and noticed few of Karina's friends went to dance. They were only 4 of them now sitting down with Karina sitting in the middle which will be hard for Winter as she had to get through of either side where each edge of the seats were taken by her friends.

When Winter was near, she decided to just choosing to pass through one girl on the right instead of two girls who were sitting side by side on the left.

"Hi, I'm sorry but may I get inside?" Winter asked the girl politely to which the girl just looked confused but let her. Winter smiled and thanked her, squeezing herself inside the booth until finally she reached Karina who just looking up at her in confusion as well.

Karina's right hand was holding a glass of wine, she thinks. While her left hand just on her crossed leg. Winter ignored her position and just lifted her one leg to cross over to Karina's side and she smiled internally when Karina uncrossed her legs immediately so it's easier for Winter now to sit on her.

Winter run her fingers on her hair before fixing her position comfortably on Karina's lap.

"I'll be honest, I'm here for a dare. I'm sorry in advance but you can push me whenever you want." Winter said before circling her arms around Karina's neck as she finally leaned in to kiss her lips. ​​​​​​

Oh. Soft.

Winter counted 5 seconds in her head before pulling away. Karina did not kiss her back, she understands though. She must be shocked. 

"Sorry, hot stuff. Hope my kiss was not that bad though." Winter said and winked at her before getting off her lap.

Winter offered a small smile at the shocked friends of Karina there and excused herself to go back to her friends. She sighed and sat down beside Ning who looked at her in disbelief.

"What?" Winter asked then looked at the unblinking Johnny.

"I won. Now, let me be at ease for a month." Winter clicked her tongue and pour herself a drink.

Her heart was almost jumping out of her chest. She couldn't believe herself either. She just kissed the Karina Yoo, a girl everyone's dying to date.

 

 

... 

 

 

"I still can't believe I was not there when it all happened!"

"Sit down, Aeri."

"For the first time ever, I regret for leaving the table to dance!"

The group chuckled at her frustration.

"Yah, Karina! She's Winter, Winter Kim. Just how lucky can you get?"

Karina only sipped her drinks calmly. They were eating their lunch at the cafeteria and was talking about last night incident. No one would have thought that Winter Kim will ever do that to their cold friend, Karina Yoo.

"Yeah, I even almost fainted when she walked past me. She was super close!" Yuna exclaimed.

"Even Ryujin and Lia stopped flirting with each other when she came." She added.

Yeji laughed when Ryujin and Lia hissed at Yuna.

"But she did say it was a dare. From what I heard, she never back off from a dare." Jeno said, earned nods from the boys.

Just then they got distracted when they heard a loud crash sounds. They saw Jaemin kicking a dustbin and glared at people around him before leaving the cafeteria.

"Okay, what's wrong with that boy?" Aeri asked.

"The football captain? He was pissed." Lucas said this time.

"Why?" Yuna asked.

"He hang around in the club too, remember?"

"Yeah, and?"

"Heard he's interested in Winter Kim. I guess, he's upset."

The group whistled and looked at Karina.

"You just gained another hater now girl." Yeji said patting Karina's back.

"Let's skip the last class." Karina said, standing up.

"Wait, why?"

"We're going to the club again tonight. I'm going home early to get ready. See you."

The friends were surprised but suddenly they got excited of what Karina will do. They can't wait to see Karina and Winter in the same place again.

 

 

... 

 

 

When Karina and her friends entered the club, it was crowded already. They saw the crowds danced excitedly while Cheap Thrills was playing. They headed to their usual booth where Lucas reserved in advance everytime. 

Most of them just went to put their stuff before going to the dance floor, don't want to miss out dancing to the good song. Just then, they saw Winter and her friends came.

The other group immediately requesting Mark, the DJ, to repeat the song as they did not get the chance to dance to the song just now.

Karina's eyes following Winter's figure. She watched as Winter laughed with Ning while going to their usual table and Ning left with the others to dance. Winter was talking to Johnny, laughing at whatever he was saying before she took off her black leather jacket, just leaving her with her white tee tucked neatly inside her black jeans.

Winter looks just casual but still attractive. Karina like that. Winter then slowly dance her way to the dance floor. She's bobbing her head cutely and just smiling to people around her before she came closer to her friends.

Karina saw her friends there finally noticed Winter and her friends too. They all turned to Karina and signalled her to come over and get her girl already.

"Karina, better make up your mind fast. Lover boy is on his way, 3 O'clock." Karina heard Jeno said and her eyes found Jaemin whose eyes on Winter now. Jaemin was trying to make his way to Winter.

Karina then pulled up her hair, tying it into a high ponytail. She's wearing a black long sleeve turtleneck with a blue jeans yet it's enough to make her admirer to go crazy over her.

She stepped forward, ignoring other attention as her eyes were set on Winter only. She saw Jaemin was not that far away as well. She took this opportunity to swiftly grabbed Winter's arm and pulled her into her.

"Huh?" Winter stopped dancing and looked up at her.

"I believe we are not done yet." Karina said.

"Wha- hey!"

Karina ignored her whine and dragged her to the booth. She glanced back and notice a frowning Jaemin was catching up. Karina scoffed and walked faster.

She took a seat in the middle, as usual. Lifting Winter up so she could sit on her lap again.

"Woah there, slow down hot stuff. Did you just process whatever that's going on in your head tonight? Because this was a little bit of late reaction you gave." Winter said in a hint of playfulness but her hands held Karina's shoulder to balance herself.

"It's rude to just grab someone by force." Jaemin said when he reached them.

Winter turned her head to look at Jaemin, she's still sitting straddling Karina. Karina tilted her head to look at Jaemin too.

"Uh, me?" Winter asked.

"No. I meant her." Jaemin pointed at Karina.

"She came to me first." Karina said.

"Doesn't mean you can do whatever you want to her now. It was just a dare. Winter, come here. Don't be scared. I'll protect you." Jaemin said.

By now, some of Karina's friends joined them. Jeno have been there the whole time. Aeri is finally witnessing everything in front of her eyes now. Winter's friends stayed close as well, preparing to help their dear friend if ever she needs them but chose to wait and watch first.

"He likes you. Been watching you for a while already. Now, it's all yours to decide what you're going to do." Karina whispered to Winter.

"Oh."

Winter looked at Karina who raised her hands and raised her eyebrows. She shrugged then stood up. She glanced at the frowning Karina before approaching a smiling Jaemin.

"Uh, you see."

"Yes?" Jaemin stepped closer to her. Karina was watching with a glare.

"No one's forcing anyone here. We umm, we have some unfinished business so... Yeah. And I can take care of myself. No worries." Winter smiled and put a hand on his shoulder.

"So you can go and leave us." Winter added.

Karina's friends hold their laugh seeing Jaemin's red face. He's holding in his anger. Once Jaemin stomped away, Winter shakes her head.

"Are we good now?" Winter asked Karina.

"Huh?"

"You took me to help me get rid of him, right? It's all done. Knew he was a jerk anyway." Winter said and her friends can only facepalmed.

Karina chuckled before standing up. She told their friends that she's taking Winter with her. She held Winter's wrist and bring her away from their friends. 

"Oh. Are you mad at me because of the dare?" Winter asked.

"No but you stole a kiss from me."

"I said I'm sorry?"

"That won't settle everything."

"Then what do you want from me now?"

Karina pulled Winter to the quiet hallway near the restroom.

"You stole my attention when you flirted with me as you sang last night. Was that a dare too?" Karina asked.

"Ah, that." Winter giggled and leaned her back on the wall as she tapped her chin.

"No. I was just feeling playful enough to flirt."

"You were being playful you said."

"Yeah."

Karina leaned closer, left hand on the wall beside Winter's head while her other hand wrapped around Winter's waist.

"I'm not one to let anyone to play with me, Winter Kim." Karina said.

"Then what now? Do you want to date me? Did my kiss give you a butterfly?" Winter asked, her hands now playing with Karina's belt. Winter was smiling as she put in her fingers under Karina's jeans and pulled her closer.

Karina just watched her and think of how no one ever grab her attention the way Winter did.

"Yes. Not just one, lots of them." Karina said.

"Hmm."

"You are still flirting with me, Winter Kim. Is this just a game to you? Because I swear-"

"It is not. You should know by now that you got yourself many admirers."

"Are you saying that you're one of them?"

"I'm saying that... I kissed you not solely because of just a dare. It's because I want to." 

Karina raised her eyebrows while Winter just shrugged off her shoulders. 

"Then, kiss me again." Karina said.

"Kissing you for the second time is not easy."

"Why?"

"It'll make me more greedy. I would want us to be more... Than just whatever we are now."

Karina chuckled and pulled Winter until their body collides against each other.

"You gotta kiss me again if you want us to be something more than just... This." Karina said.

"Is this your way of asking me to date you?" Winter asked and hugged Karina's neck.

"Yes."

"Hm, interesting."

"So?"

Winter smiled then leaned in to kiss her. This time, Karina kissed her back. 

"Tell me, is this how you date someone?" Winter asked after pulling away.

"No, but you make me to be impatient." Karina answered.

"Is it now? Am I your love at a first sight? Since this is way so fast for both of us to suddenly dating each other."

"Yeah and no. You don't know a secret of mine, that's why you're thinking this way."

"Oh. Now what's that secret?"

Karina smiled and kissed Winter's cheek before brushing her lips on Winter's earlobe.

"Been watching you from the start actually. You just never really pay attention to me until last night when you were singing on the stage."

Winter gasped and pushed Karina by her shoulder but Karina does not moved at all. She tightened her hold on Winter's waist.

"Really?"

"Yes. You were too dense, I must say. Very oblivious."

"No way!"

Karina rolled her eyes before kissing Winter's frown away.

"It's okay. I like that about you even though its frustrating at times. I'm just glad because then, you wouldn't know some other people are watching you too. You gained secret admirers as well you know."

"Well. I can't deny that I am a charming person. Won't blame people for falling for me without me knowing." Winter said, nodding her head.

Karina chuckled.

"Hm. I have a little miss confident here. But please, keep it to yourself. From now on, just focus on me."

"Done that since last night."

"Good. Now, it's clear. We're dating, so..." Karina intertwined their hands together before lifting them up and smiled at Winter.

"You're mine. Don't you dare to kiss anyone else just for a dare now, young lady."

"Oh. Okay. Be glad that Johnny chose you for me to kiss. Now, can you imagine if it was someone else?"

"Speaking of that, Where's that boy? Need to knock some sense into his head."

Winter laughed and let Karina pulled her with her now. She reminded Karina that it was thanks to Johnny that they got to kiss and finally brave enough to make a move on each other instead of just stealing glances like before.