Burning Desire - Part 5

Winrina = Jiminjeong

Winter's heels clicking on the tiles as she walked past Jeno's secretary's desk. She turned the doorknob to open the door to Jeno's office room, the secretary held her wrist, yet Winter pulled her hand back.

"Stay at your desk, Lia." Winter said coldly, which surprised the secretary as Winter was only seen as a quiet and warm person in the company.

Winter then entered Jeno's office and closed the door again.

"Hey." Jeno tried to smile despite of being stressed over the company's issue.

"I'm sorry. I told Lia to not let anyone disturb me. I'm sorry for not replying you. I was-"

"Busy?" Winter asked, cutting him off.

"Yes, you know with-"

"Choi Yena."

Jeno's eyes widened upon hearing his secret girl's name.

"W-What are-"

"I know. I know about her, and the relationship you both have." Winter said calmly.

"Honey, I-" Jeno stopped when Winter chuckled dryly. She walked towards him and glanced at the expensive pen that she once bought for him. Winter smiled bitterly and grabbed it.

"You know that I am a simple person, Jeno." Winter said.

She sighed and gripped the pen tightly. Her heart was shattered, torn into pieces, and broken, all because of Jeno's betrayal. A man whom she trusts enough to give a piece of her heart. 

"I pleaded with my family, to let me be with you. I convinced them that you will be worth it. Imagine my disappointment, when I found out everything." Winter said.

"Winter, it is not like what you think. Look, I can explain. Whatever you hear from other people is not true. You know that I love you, right? And I..." Winter closed her eyes. Blah blah blah.

She does not listen to whatever Jeno was trying to explain to her. She has seen enough, heard enough. Everything from Karina and her grandmother were just there, the fact that Jeno had been lying to her face for years. 

"We never happen." Winter said, ignoring Jeno who were still explaining.

"What? Hun-"

"And do not call me that anymore." Winter said, gritting her teeth. Her eyes were dark, glaring at Jeno who looks nervous as he has never seen Winter this angry before.

"We are over, Lee Jeno. I don't want to hear anything else from your mouth."

Winter then walked out, putting on her black sunglasses as she ignored the stares. She took out her resignation letter and gave it to Lia. 

 

 

...

 

 

Winter chuckled darkly as she watched the news in her room with blank eyes.

She couldn't believe that Jeno still wanted to lie to her, and tried to beg her to not leave him earlier today, when now the news of his relationship with Choi Yena has been announced officially by Yena's family to the public. Jeno even had to lie to the public that the rings and proposal he prepared was meant for Yena for his own sake.

She really got played by him. She clenched her fists. No, she wasn't feeling broken hearted, but more about being angry at his betrayal. 

She glanced at her phone when she heard a notification came in. She saw the pop up text message on her screen, it was from Jeno.

I had no choice. Please, talk to me.     8:11pm.

Winter rolled her eyes. Jeno kept bombarding her with a lot of texts, saying that he was trying to save his image after the company has been taken over by Karina Yoo.

Yes, Karina managed to take back the company from Jeno and his father. She was the biggest shareholder in that company now, and she held the legal document that support her to give back the company to its rightful owner.

Winter decided to switch off her phone to avoid being disturbed as she needs her quiet time for the time being.

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Winter was just leaving the mansion when she saw a huge bouquet of flowers outside the door. She stepped closer and checked the small note attached to it.

 

To dearest Winter Kim, I will be waiting for you.

-Karina Yoo.

 

Winter raised her eyebrows as this is the first time that Karina wrote her name, not her initials.

"Are you going out?"

Winter looked behind to see her grandmother smiling at her. Winter gave a small smile and went to hug her.

"Hi, grandma. I am going to meet Ning."

"I see. Well, what are you going to do with the flowers?" Her grandmother asked.

Winter glanced at the flowers. So pretty...

Kim Minhee observed Winter's calm face staring at the flowers. She smiled knowingly.

"Is it okay if we put them in the garden at the back? Must be nice to see it grow and bloom." Winter asked carefully.

"Of course. After all..." Minhee touched the flowers.

"Karina Yoo really know how to choose flowers." Minhee said, smiling as she stares at the beautiful flowers.

"Ah..." Winter nodded her head slowly.

 

 

...

 

 

Winter sighed as she regretted all the things she had said about Jeno to her best friend. She always speaks highly about him to Ning, about him being respectful towards her and patient. 

"Jerk." Winter whispered.

Now she knows, why Jeno has never really forced her with anything he wants anymore. It was because he found someone else to fill his needs while still playing a perfect boyfriend to her.

"Minjeongie."

Winter looked up, and smiled as Ning sits in front of her. They were in their favourite outlet of Uchinaga's restaurant again.

"So, I've listened to your voice note." Ning started.

"Hm."

"One word. He's a total idiot."

Winter chuckled at Ning's annoyance. It was as expected, that Ning would react this way.

"And you resigned! Should I change company too?" Ning asked, and Winter shook her head.

"The company is not under them anymore, and the company spent a huge fund for your success. I don't think you should leave. Besides..." Winter blinked her eyes as she remembered Karina. She cleared before looking at Ning again.

"Karina Yoo is the one handling the company now. She is trustworthy. I think you'll be fine there, Ningie." Winter smiled at her.

"Speaking of her, damn... What did the Lees do that they got on her bad side?" Ning whispered and widened her eyes.

Rumours are going around, and she can't help, but to get curious as well.

"Not sure, but grandma might know a thing." Winter said.

Ning nodded and let out a sigh. She looked at Winter, reaching out to hold her hand.

"How are you though?" Ning asked, eyes showing concern.

"I'm doing okay. It doesn't hurt that much, but still does. I just..."

"What is it?"

"Am I not enough, Ning? Like, am I just nothing to him?" Winter asked, eyebrows furrowed a little.

"I thought I was being good to him already." Winter mumbled.

"No. Don't think like that. He was the one who was a fool." Ning quickly told her, not wanting Winter to doubt herself.

"You are the best girl, Kim Minjeong. It's his loss." Winter smiled at Ning's words.

"Right there, show that bright smile of yours. Show him that you'll be better off without him. You will do amazing without him." Ning winked.

The two of them talked some more since Ning will need to go overseas for her new project. When they went to the counter to pay the bill, they were surprised to find out that someone has already paid for everything. Winter then turned around while Ning kept asking many questions to the cashier about who was the person who paid for them.

Winter then squinted her eyes as she looked outside. Karina Yoo.

She left Ning who were busy asking questions to go outside without her knowing.

There were Karina, standing with her back against her car's door, crossed feet and hands were tucked inside her pocket. Winter approached her. She saw how Karina was smiling as soon as she stopped in front of her, but Karina was still looking down on her feet.

"You paid for our bills." Winter said. She does not need to ask, she knew it.

"You can't continue to do this. I can pay for my own bill." Winter said again when Karina did not say anything.

Karina chuckled with her deep voice before she slowly lifted up her head to look at Winter. Her signature smirk appeared on her beautiful face, and Winter just stared at her.

"There's one thing about me that you need to know, Winter Kim." Karina said, uncrossed her feet to stand up straight. She still kept her hands inside her pocket as she stepped forward, leaving a limited space between them.

"I like to spoil my beloved with my own money." Karina told her.

Karina put her forefinger on Winter's lips to keep her quiet when Winter was about to argue with her.

"Sweetheart, nothing is going to stop me now that you are officially single." Karina whispered.

"And... I'm proud of what you've done. Good job, baby." Karina smirked.

She knew that Winter broke up with Jeno, and that she shut Jeno off. Karina is rejoicing, obviously.

Karina opened to say something, but Winter held her wrist and pulled her hand down. So, Karina only watched.

"The company, the issues won't affect the company, right?" Winter asked. She's worried for Ning's future.

Karina then turned serious.

"The company is in good hands. My uncle will show the world why he is the rightful owner." Karina said sternly. She believes in him and this is his time to rise. Karina will be right behind him if anything. She promised.

 

 

... 

 

 

"What was that?"

"What?"

"What's the deal between you and Karina Yoo?"

Winter glanced at her best friend as she drives. 

"Nothing."

"Hmm." Ning was crossing her arms as she is observed Winter.

"I'm not lying. There's really nothing between us..." Winter paused, and glanced at her again. She groaned when Ning giggled.

"It's just-" Winter sighed.

"She tries to court me." Winter mumbled, pouting slightly.

"Wow. The Karina Yoo is courting my best friend??"

"Please stop right there."

"Hell no. Now, spill."

"Ning-"

"Nah uh. I don't want to hear anything else until you tell me about everything first."

"Ugh, you're annoying."

"So?"

Winter shook her head, she knows that there's no way Ning will let her escape from this. Like it or not, she has to tell her.

 

 

... 

 

 

Winter just dropped off Ning at her apartment when she received a text message from Jeno, asking her to meet him again. She sighed. Jeno was stubborn and shameless. 

She frowned when Jeno texted her again, that he will come to the mansion if she still refuses to see him. 

"What does he want?!"

Winter can't let him go there. Her grandmother will not appreciate it. Winter hates to involve other people into her problem. So, she finally agreed to meet him somewhere.

 

 

... 

 

 

Jeno smiled seeing Winter came. He reserves a private room in their favourite dining restaurant. 

"Hun- Ahem, Winter." Jeno quickly changed when Winter glared at him before sitting down.

"I'm glad that you came. I missed you." He said.

"What do you want to talk about?" Winter asked directly.

"Why don't we eat first? I've ordered your fav-"

"I am not here for anything else, but talk. Don't waste my time, Jeno."

Jeno sighed. He looked at Winter, then took out a small box out of his blazer. 

"I wanted to give this to you."

Winter glanced at the item. 

"It's the ring that I bought to propose you."

"That's Yena's ring."

"Winter. You have to understand. She helped me to cover my image. Our relationship was just for business, and nothing else."

Winter scoffed and shook her head in disbelief. 

"I don't care what relationship you have with her. We are no longer together. You are free to be with anyone you like." Winter said.

"But, Winter, we planned to get married. Did you forget? We-"

"Move on, Jeno. That was all in the past."

"No. I am not going to-" Jeno blinked his eyes when Winter stood up.

"I am not yours anymore. I've given you a chance, and you blew it."

"I will meet your family." Jeno said firmly, and stood up as well.

"You gave me excuses whenever I ask you to meet them."

"Because I wasn't ready! And you, you weren't ready to get married as well last time, I waited. I planned to see them once you say yes to me."

"Well, then, you can't meet my family now. I am not going to marry you anymore. You're dating someone else publicly now."

"I told you, it was to distract the attention from making me as a bad person after the issue in regards of the company!"

"What about before all of this happened? You were with her when you were still with me."

Jeno widened his eyes. He gulped. 

"It- We're not. There's nothing-"

"I really hate liars, Jeno. You know how I feel about them. Please, don't make me hate you more." Winter glared.

Jeno then went towards her, and showed his sad face as best as he could.

"It was a mistake." He whispered, looking down.

"You're the only one that I love, Winter. I swear-"

"Ha. I just told you I hate liars, and you still want to lie to me."

"I really love you!" Jeno raised his voice, and tried to touch her.

Winter stepped back and raised her eyebrows, staring sharply at him.

"Or, is it because you're cheating on me with Karina Yoo?"

Winter frowned at the audacity to accuse her. 

"Don't think I didn't know that you both have something going on?"

"Did you even hear yourself?"

"She's playing with you! She tried to steal you from me, so she can destroy me! She wants to use you to hurt me! Can't you see? She's messing with us, Winter."

"Well, if she wants to play, then it is up to her." Winter scoffed.

"You're going to regret not listening to me. I will show you what kind of snakes she is." Jeno said

Winter tilted her head, he seems to really hate Karina now. Is it just like how she hates Yena and him too? Somehow, it is fun seeing Jeno's frustration.

 

 

 

..... 

 

 

 

 

For the past few days, Winter has been receiving flowers from both Karina and Jeno. Jeno was really trying hard to win her again, after the complete downfall due to Karina's revenge to him and his father. 

Winter only knew a few things about what was happening and the reasons behind it from her grandmother, since she kept in touch with Karina. 

Nonetheless, Winter never bother to know further as it is none of her business. She wasn't interested in the business industry at all, that's why. It was also why she wasn't handling some of the Kim's companies or takes part in it.

Winter hates it. She doesn't like the headaches coming from it. She has seen enough. How her parents got no time for her and have been always away, going overseas and all. That left her alone all the time with her grandmother. 

She knew that her grandmother would be lonely as well if she were to get busy just like her parents. So, Winter decided that she will only work for a simple job that will not require most of her time. She wants to stay and to always be there for her grandmother.

Winter tied her robe as she stepped out of the mansion, she scratched her head seeing two bouquets of flowers, again. 

"Young Miss, should I carry these inside for you?" Johnny asked as he has just arrived with her grandmother.

Winter greeted her grandmother first who came back from buying some stuffs for the garden. Kim Minhee stayed to watch Winter checked the flowers.

Winter grabbed the flowers that were from Karina and smelled them. 

"Hm. Throw the other one, Johnny. I'll take this with me. Thank you." Winter smiled.

Minhee hid her smile as Winter always throws away the flowers from Jeno, but never the flowers from Karina. 

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Winter attended one of the biggest events every year, held by the family of Jeong. They are the wealthy and influential family after Winter's. 

"Winter Kim. It's great to see that you came."

Winter turned around to see Jeong Jaehyun, one of the heirs. He smiled sweetly at her and offered a handshake. Winter's cold face does not scare him, he had been crushing on her for a long time.

"I meant no harm." He tried to assure her.

"Jeong Jaehyun." 

Karina sauntered towards them, she checked Winter out quickly from head to toe before turning to Jaehyun.

"The Karina Yoo." Jaehyun greeted, amusement can be heard from his tone.

"You're not one to attend our events." Jaehyun couldn't help, but to comment.

"That's true, but tonight's an exception." Karina replied. Because my baby is here.

"Well, father must be happy to know that you came." Jaehyun said.

"I met him, he looks as happy as you thought. I think." Karina said.

Winter who were just listening to their conversation, felt a little left out. She wanted to turn to go somewhere else when she felt a hand brushed against her own hand.

"And I see that you met Winter." Karina whispered, then glanced at Winter.

"You two know each other?" Jaehyun asked in a curiosity.

"Yes." Karina answered, while Winter still kept quiet.

Karina then looked at Jaehyun, she saw the way he looked at Winter. She stepped forward and cleared .

"She's with me." Karina said in a stern manner which surprised Jaehyun.

Jaehyun only laughed it off. He heard a lot of things about Karina. Especially about the recent issue between her and SM Company. He wouldn't want to mess with her.

"Absolutely." Jaehyun raised his hands, and stepped back to leave them alone.

Karina was satisfied that Jaehyun knew his place. She then stood in front of Winter, eyes scanning her from head to toe again.

"You look fine." She praised, and Winter just shrugged her shoulders. Usually, girls would be blushing when she throws some compliments, but apparently, not Winter.

Just then, Winter saw Jeno entered the place with Yena. Her eyes were watching them with anger and resentment. Even after playing with her, he dared to still bother her while dating Yena now.

Winter does not love him as much, but still, he was supposed to stay loyal to her. That was all she asked from him, and he failed to do so. Winter hates a betrayer, moreover a weak man like him. She still hates the fact that she let herself got played by him for years. Somehow, the thoughts consumed her.

"Do you want a revenge as well?" Karina suddenly asked.

Winter looked at her, Karina only showed her a sly smirk. Winter looked back at Jeno who were now having Yena clinging onto his arm, he was greeting everyone happily. From there, Winter decided, that she will make him regret for taking advantage of her kindness. She was feeling like a fool for letting him has his ways with her. So, now she will show him that she is not going to be the one who suffers the most, but him.

After all, she had stayed silent for so long. It is now the time for her to show him and the world, who she really is. She's not just no one or the useless Kim, she is Winter Kim.

"Want to make him mad?" Karina whispered, and Winter looked at her again. She thought, if she has to take a revenge with Karina's help, then so be it.

When Winter only looked at Karina without saying anything, Karina decided to just do something. She gets closer to block the view, so Winter won't be seeing Jeno and Yena. Karina threw a short glance at the mirror not far from behind Winter to check on Jeno.

"Let's drive him crazy. Push me if you don't like it." Karina whispered, cupping Winter's face before tilting their head to get a perfect angle in making it seems as if they kissed.

Karina slipped her thumb on Winter's lips and kissed her thumb instead while maintaining eye contacts with her. When Karina pulled away, Winter still stayed frozen on her feet. Karina glanced over her shoulders to see Jeno's angry face. She smirked before she looked back at Winter.

"I think, we just made your ex fuming." Karina said, yet Winter couldn't hear anything else, but her loud heartbeat. 

Karina's smirk was gone instantly when Winter gave a steady gaze at her eyes. Winter stepped dangerously closer, putting her palm on Karina's lower abdomen. She made sure Karina's eyes fixed on her before she slides her palm upwards, she could feel Karina's firm abs.

"You." Winter finally found her voice again.

"If you want me to let you in..." Winter bit her bottom lip to pause first.

She was hesitating, but Karina is slowly driving her mad and insane. She had been on the edge many times for every encounter with her. She could have just kept pushing her, but she knows Karina is not going to give up. She has shown it to her. Her endless effort.

Winter then tilted her head to peek on Jeno. There, she saw all of the frustration on his face, and oh, she enjoys it so much. Winter then poked her forefinger on Karina's stomach as she looked at her in the eye again.

"Show me that you are nothing like him." Winter said.

When Winter was about to turn around and walk away, Karina grabbed her arm and turned her back around. She slides her other hand to hug Winter's waist, and pulled her against her front.

"You can't just do that to me and then decides to leave, thinking that I would let you. That's very rude of you, sweetheart." Karina's dark eyes now were all visible for Winter's to see. The flames in her eyes burn brighter than ever.

"I will show you what it feels like to be in love with me, like I do."

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Hi there, lovely readers!

I hope I am not late. Here's an update for yall, and Happy Valentine's Day! I love all of you. Thank you for your endless support and for never abandoning this Winrina's story of mine. Until next update hehe.

 

 

xx