Be My Girl - Part 2

Winrina = Jiminjeong

"Kim Minjeong!"

Minjeong turned around to see Jimin running down the stairs.

"I uhh- I can date you."

"W-What?"

"I mean, we should date. So, that way, Jeno wouldn't bother me right?"

"..."

Jimin could practically hear in her head of how her friends are screaming at her with her choices of word.

"Oh..." Minjeong tilted her head.

"You don't like me, do you?" Minjeong asked.

"Huh?"

"That's why you rejected me earlier... Hm. But now you agreed because you don't want Jeno to bother you. I don't want him to bother you too." Minjeong frowned as she mumbled the last sentence.

Oh god. What did I just say? Jimin scolded herself again inside her mind. 

"If... If you don't want him to bother you by dating me, then... I'm okay with that. Under one condition though." Minjeong said. 

"What is it?" 

"Give me a chance." 

"A chance for?" 

"For me to make you like me back." 

Yep. I'm screwed. Wrong choice of words again. Now I make her misunderstood me again. Jimin closed her eyes and tried to think again. 

"Jimin?" 

"Yeah?" Jimin opened her eyes to look at Minjeong. 

"I want you to date me so I can make you happy too. So allow me to try and win your heart while we're on it? I know we're going to date to prevent Jeno from bothering you but... Can you please give me a chance too?" Minjeong asked, looking at Jimin in her cute and hopeful eyes that Jimin could never say no to her. 

"Okay." Jimin whispered and Minjeong smiled at her. 

"Okay?" 

"Yes." Jimin laughed awkwardly, wanting to hit her own head for not saying anything to fix the whole misunderstanding situation. 

While upstairs, her friends are all face-palming and hit their head on the wall, clearly frustrated with Jimin. 

"Gosh. Can I smack her later?" Ryujin asked in a whisper to Yeji and Yeji just shakes her head while rubbing her temple. 

"Jimin really loves to give me a headache." Somi mumbled. 

They all stayed there until Minjeong finally left. 

"Yah!" Somi yelled at her. 

"Just how many times you are going to screw up?!" Somi asked while groaning. 

"You said I should tell her that I want us to date." Jimin said. 

"But you made her think you're agreeing only to avoid Jeno!" 

"You told me it's also another reason of why I should date her." Jimin frowned. 

Somi looked at her blankly before turning to the others. 

"I'm- I need to drink before I throw tantrums here. And someone please, knock some sense into her head." Somi said and throws her hands up in frustration before stomping away. 

"I'm sorry okay." Jimin pouted then looked at Aeri.

Aeri only chuckled and pulled her into a side hug.

"Aigoo. You're the hard to approach Yoo Jimin and the captain of basketball yet you really are such a real softie and very hopeless-" Aeri laughed when Jimin glared at her for saying that she's hopeless for the million times.

"It's okay, we're going to be with you through it all." Yeji said.

"So you are now dating Kim Minjeong, your long time crush. And it's because of a misunderstanding. Then Minjeong will think she needs to try hard and do something to make you like her and to win your heart when in fact, she has your heart even before she knows it. Wow, your first love story is really interesting." Yuna said.

"Shut up." Jimin rolled her eyes but they all just laughed at her.

"You are all going to be with me right?" Jimin asked.

"With you? What?" Yeji asked.

"I mean, when I date Minjeong."

"Of course not." Ryujin widened her eyes.

"But why?"

"Jimin. You are going to date Minjeong. Just be yourself, you don't need us to be there all the time." Ryujin answered.

"What if I keep screwing up?"

"You won't. Just... Be honest with her. You shouldn't give her any wrong idea again okay? Be clear with her." Aeri told her.

"I can't. I don't know how. I... I don't know." Jimin frowned.

"Just trust her then. I'm sure we can count on Minjeong." Aeri said.

"Right. Don't worry too much about it." Yuna said.

Just then Somi came back, drinking calmly. She also gave Jimin her favourite drinks.

"Sorry. I guess, I invested too much of your crush on Minjeong." Somi said.

"Haha that's okay. I know it's because you just want me to be happy." Jimin chuckled then ruffled Somi's hair playfully, thanking her for the drinks too.

 

 

... 

 

 

Minjeong told her friends everything after her unplanned encounter with Jimin. At first, they just thought she was lying. Minjeong was about to convince them when Jimin suddenly approached her with her friends.

"Can we talk for a while?" Jimin asked.

"Oh my god. Are you guys dating for real now?" Ning asked.

"Hello." Jimin just smiled and greeted Minjeong's friends.

"Sorry uh, I'll be back." Minjeong told her friends and followed Jimin.

"We'll just be here." Aeri told Jimin and gestured Jimin to just talk to Minjeong alone.

Jimin and Minjeong walked outside of the university since most of the students were still inside, either still having classes or just hanging around.

"So, we are dating now. Right?" Jimin asked.

"Yes. You're not going to break it off with me now right?" Minjeong asked, eyebrows furrowing at her.

"No no. Of course not." Jimin quickly waves her hands no.

"Oh. For a sec, I thought you are regretting to agree to date me." Minjeong said.

"No. I umm... I just want to let you know something about me." Jimin said.

"Okay?"

"I don't know how to date." And I don't know how to tell you that I actually like you for a long time.

"Is that what worrying you?" Minjeong asked. 

"Yeah. I even asked my friends if they could accompany me while going out with you." Jimin scratches her head.

"Really?" Minjeong asked, surprised with the new information she got from Jimin.

"Yeah. It's that bad?" Jimin asked.

"No, it's... Adorable actually." Minjeong chuckled.

"Ah." Jimin blushed.

"If it'll make you feel better, I am not good at dating. I mean, my ex said I was boring so..." Minjeong shrugged.

"That was rude." Jimin frowned, already feeling upset at Jeno for saying that to Minjeong.

"Yeah but- maybe I am. I just... Hm, I don't feel much for him. I mean, I did like him at first but yeah. Things happened." Minjeong sighed.

"Hey. It's okay." Ah where's Aeri, what should I say next?

Jimin cleared then looked at Minjeong again. 

"So, I just wanted to tell you that. I don't know much about how dating works. I'm afraid if I'll make you feel like I don't want to date you or-"

"Oh. You want to date me like want want to date me? Not because of Jeno?" Minjeong asked, eyebrows raised at Jimin.

"I- Well, I don't think that it's a bad idea, to date you. I find you... Cute?" Is this how I should be saying to let her know that I like her? Aeri told me to be honest. I am being honest now, Minjeong is cute to me.

"So you find me cute?" Minjeong looks amused now. 

"Uh, didn't you?"

"What? Didn't I what?"

"Find yourself cute?"

Minjeong laughed right there in front of a confused Jimin.

"You are really... One of a kind." Minjeong said.

"Uh thanks?"

Minjeong giggled then looked at Jimin fondly and god, Jimin feels her heart clenched in pleasure with the way Minjeong is looking at her.

"I look forward to get to know more about you, Yoo Jimin. And I can't wait to learn more about you." 

 

 

 

 

.....

 

 

 

 

Double update for my lovely readers! Hehe. See yall next time!

 

xx