LXVII. Just Breathe Joohyun

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa kept following the car. She believed Joohyun was really inside this one. It's 2:00 am in the morning and the only light they had in the road were the head lights and the moon above then. They already reached the forested part of Daejeon area. She's not familiar with the road. It's kinda chilly at this hour and the entire area was pitched dark. She believed in her instinct. She couldn't be mistaken this time. What surprised the two of them was when one of the guy inside the car they were following got kicked out. Mina watched the guy as they passed him by rolling on the ground.

"Lisa, Irene is really inside. She might be trying to fight them. We need to hurry."

"Ne,"

Something was up both Mina and Lisa sensed that as they kept following the car. It was running without specific direction and it's off from the main road. As if the driver gotten sleep.

She's busy worrying about Irene being held captive inside that car that her focus was no longer on her driving too. "Lisa watch out!!" Lisa rattled from Mina's loud scream then hit the break just on time before Seulgi's car flew off the cliff. They both witnessed how the other car crashed the side of the road and went flying off the cliff. 

They both hurriedly unbuckled their seatbelts to check the situation. Lisa  shouted for Irene's name desperately.
It was useless even she screamed on top of her lungs. The car's half part was immersed in the water. She took off her shoes and dived. She was like daredevil. At the moment she feared nothing but the thought of Irene being in danger. She didn't care if the cliff would be too high or whatnot. She only cared saving Irene. She stepped backwards calculating first before ran then leaped as she positioned into dive mode. Mina was not able to stop Lisa when the latter jumped off. She had no choice but to follow her too. Once she successfully removed her boots she swam as hard as she could to get closer to where Lisa was heading. 

She could not count how long had Irene been under the water. She only knew that she might be trapped inside the car because she had not resurface yet. She  dived deeper and saw Lisa trying to get Irene's attention. Gesturing her girlfriend to stay wide awake as she's trying to open the jammed door. Mina headed back to get some air. She could not stay longer dip in the water. She needed some air. And swam down once again with a plan on her mind. She knew any minute Lisa would also come out to get some air. It would be a complete torture to their lungs if they stayed longer. This time she saw Irene totally unconscious floating inside the car.  Lisa furiously tapped the window to wake Irene but it seemed no response from the older girl trapped inside the car. She signalled Lisa to move aside as she's about to shoot the door. Together they pulled the door to open it. Finally it opened.

Lisa even she's drained and out of air, immediately grabbed Irene by the arm and swam as fast as she could until they reached the upper surface of the water. She was chasing her breathe as well as Mina. When they reached the shoreline she settled Irene carefully and checked her vital signs.  She noticed she still had pulse rate but too weak. She could save her girlfriend. She should! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Honey, please stay with me. Don't you dare die! I can't live without you, Joohyun."

 

 

 

 


She was tensed up but still able to performed CPR and checked if there's any improvement with Irene's heartbeat. 

 

 

 

 

"Come on, hon. Please come back!" She didn't notice that her tears were falling already.

 

 

 

She gave her a mouth to mouth resuscitation to push air inside her body. 

 

 

 

 


"Breathe,please breathe. I can't lose you now, honey." 

 

 


She kept repeating the process but there's no response. 

 

 

 

 

 

Mina dropped on her knees to check Irene's vital sign. She could barely feel the pulse rate. She saw Lisa crying mess but still with full of determination. "Don't stop, Lis." She encouraged. So Lisa continued to pump Irene's chest and checked the heart beat. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Honey, please you need to live. I need you." She begged.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Joohyun, please, breathe."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"If I lose you, I don't know what's gonna happen to me." She wept like a hopeless child.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Can you hear me, honey?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You promise to stick with me. You can't die, honey!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"How dare you die like this?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Come on Joohyun!" she felt really helpless trying to revive Irene. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


.....….

 

 

 


........

 

 

 

 

 

 

.........

 

 

 

 


Tears kept flowing from Lisa's eyes as she recalled how Joohyun mouthed I love you to her under the water.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Did I really lose you, hon? What about getting married and having our own family? What about me now? What would I do with my life? God please save my Joohyun. Please I need her.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


......

 


......

 

 


.....

 

 

 

 

As if Irene heard her loud cries and the God above granted her prayer, Irene responded at last. She coughed hard and was catching her breathe. She looked at Lisa then to Mina confusedly. She automatically cupped Lisa's face despite she having hard time catching her breathe. Lisa's eyes evidently cried a lot since those were swollen and her nose was reddish. "Honey," she uttered enough for Lisa to hear her.

"Oh God, thank you, Joohyun, thank you! You scared me. I thought I'm gonna lose you." They embraced each other tightly.

"You save me, hon. I- I also thought I'm gonna die." She put her head to Lisa's chest hearing how the latter heart raced like crazy. They were both exhausted.

"Shhhh, you're fine now. Everything is fine now." Lisa though tired tried to calm herself assuring Irene as she hugged her tighter. "I love you too, Joohyun! I love you too. I super really do." Lisa repeatedly said those words since she thought she had not tell her enough when they were under water.

Irene paused and looked at her with unshed tears and bottled emotions inside her chest. "I love you more, Honey." She touched Lisa's face tracing those tears. "You called me Joohyun." She blinked her eyes as if not believing what she just heard from Lisa. 

Lisa smiled at her warmly, "Yes, my only Joohyun."

"Does that mean, you remember me?"

"Yes, I perfectly remember everything about you, honey." She said sweetly.

She paused and stared at Lisa  then smacked the tall girl's arm. "Yah!!!" She yelled annoyingly.

Irene actions made Lisa looked at her quizzical "Hey, what was that for?" She then complained to the tiny human.

"You left me in Mina's unit. I've waited for you. You told me it will be quick!" Irene was pouting like a kid. 
" I'm still piss at you."

"Hey, I am here now. Don't I get a kiss from you instead?"

"I won't be kissing you. I still hate you for leaving me and making me wait for too long." 

"Come on,honey. Now that I remember everything don't you think we need to celebrate? I missed you so bad." She wiggled her brows teasingly but Irene wasn't having it.

"You can't use your charms with me, Manoban."

"Aish,honey, why are you being so moody? Just one kiss, please."

"Kiss your , Manoban."

Even Irene was being irritated with her, Lisa heart was contented. For as long as Irene is breathing that's more important. She'll deal with her mood swings later.

The three got distracted as soon as a chopper landed nearby. It has the Myoui's logo. The pilot climbed out from the chopper to talk to them.

"Lady Sharon, Young Miss." He bowed at them. " I was sent by your grandfather. I will bring you to Seoul safely and of course we need to head straight to the hospital to check Miss Bae's condition."

"Where are the others?" Mina asked the pilot. 

"NIS have them transport to Seoul. The entire place was cleared too. You don't have to worry about anything, Lady Sharon." He politely answered.

Lisa carried Joohyun inside the chopper. While Mina settled across them. She securely wrapped Irene around her arms and let her sleep since it was really a tiring day for everyone. But she would just stay awake to watch over her and Mina.

"Thank you!" Lisa said to Mina out of sudden.

"Don't mention it. I guess it is really over now, huh? I have fulfilled my promise to you. You have your life back. So there's no reason for us to see each other." Mina bit her lip to suppressed her tears. She tried to act cool about it but deep inside she's breaking apart just the thought of not seeing Lisa. It's for the best. She needed to move on and live her life too. As for Lisa should also continue her life with Irene.

"Why does it sounds like you really don't want to see me ever again? Do you really want us to separate this way?" 

Lisa stared at her with a longing look. She felt the intensity of her gaze. There was sincerity from it that Lisa wanted to keep her around. That she should not go far away or distance herself. She felt that Lisa truly cares for her too. But she won't entertain those gestures because she would just then hope for something else. Something too impossible to happen even on her dreams. It's better to hurt like this. Soon enough she knew she'll get over her.

"I need time, Lis. I am not gonna lie. It hurts so bad but what can I do? I love you more than you know, so I am setting you free. You're happiness is more important than mine. She's making you happy. I can see that."

"But will I ever see you again?" Lisa asked hopefully.

"Yes, of course. I'll come around. You know I can never say no to Lalisa Manoban. And besides you're a family I have my reason to see you." Mina smiled genuinely this time. She's looking forward seeing Lisa when she's totally move on.

"Sounds a plan to me." Lisa smiled at her sweetly.

Earlier at Daejeon Mansion

Men under Xin Xai also attacked Momo, the other then figured right away that those were working under Geoffrey's command. So Rosè stepped up and protected Momo. They fought in tandem while Seulgi and Bambam worked together. 

Fortunately help came in from NIS and elite forces sent by no other than the head of  Myoui family. Johnny's right hand was looking for Mina and Lisa so they told them the two were chasing after Irene's kidnappers. That's why a chopper was sent right away to locate the the Myouis.

Rosè believed Momo's explanation but she still needed to turn her over for the investigation team and the latter understood it. Her wound was already treated by medics and she'll be sent to NIS head quarters. Rosè promised to stay with her no matter what. Bambam was also invited for interrogation so he tagged along with them.

Seulgi went alone in Myoui's other chopper to head to Gangnam Hospital where she would be expecting Lisa and Irene.

Breaking News

"Just in, business tycoon, Geoffrey Tan of GT Corp got arrested. Weeks ago inter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter