LVI. I'm Not Jealous

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LISRENE

"Miss Hyun, let's try the ice cream over there." It's Chance who initiated a conversation first with her. To take note she's stuttering in Korean but still cute. Both Wendy and Jennie just giggled on her cuteness. While Sharon was eyeing Irene suspiciously.

"You're speaking in Korean."

"Is it bad?" She scrunched her nose, her usual habit when she's being shy. "I observe you are not confident speaking in English. I know for a fact that I am a Korean so I think I know how to speak fluently before?"

"Lili, I didn't know you're quite observant. Then that's good, Hyun can talk freely and confidently in Korean." Jennie winked to Irene. The older girl just rolled her eyes.

"Sharon let's try the hotdog stall over there." Wendy pulled Sharon with her and Jennie followed. Irene was grateful that she could have some time alone with Chance now.

"Huh? Well I think I'll pass I wanna try the ice cream too." The CEO declined but the two girls already dragged her to the hotdog stall.

Chance spoke once again, "So how long have you been working in Medical Care?" They were in front of the ice cream parlor.

"Just weeks, to tell you honestly."

"You mean to say, I am your first patient? I thought you and Wendy both worked in the same hospital." 

"Well, I know how to take care a patient that's the most important part and this is just a simple task that Wendy needs my assistance."

"But you don't look like an average woman who works for someone, Miss Hyun." Her comment made the older girl laughed. Chance never heard her laugh and it was like music to her ears. She smiled widely seeing the other side of Irene. She better speaks in Korean so they could have more conversation like this.

"Yes, you are right. I used to work in a big company. I resigned and managed my own business." 

"What kind of business?" She grew more interested about the older girl.

"Photo studio, my lover originally owned it." She just fell silent after mentioning her lover. Chance felt she got stung somewhere in her heart. She remembered about Irene's lover, Jennie told her that the older girl is still waiting for that person.

Chance shrugged whatever she's feeling. She felt jealous every time Irene will mention her lover. "Uh, that's cool. So you're good in taking photos?"

"Not really compared to my lover." Another jabbed to Chance's face. She really hope she could stand a chance. Irene removed the strap dangling on her neck and handed the Leica camera to her. "Do you want to try it?" 

Her face lighted up and she got excited the moment she held the camera. She was acting like a pro but she actually didn't know how to use it. "How should I use it?" She's still figuring how to use it but she's kinda familiar with the feelings. It's like the camera was an extension of herself. She aimed to take a photo of Irene. Being satisfied with the shots, she gestured the older girl to come closer so she could show the results. "Damn, you're so beautiful." She didn't know she said it loudly. Irene blushed hearing how the fascinated patient complimented her. "Miss Hyun? Are you okay? Your face becomes reddish?" The innocent patient asked.

"Oh,yes, I am fine. It is just the weather." She lied. "By the way, you acted like a pro there. I thought you don't know how to use it."

"Yeah, I also thought that way. But it's strange that it felt natural. Like I've been doing it for too long."

"Do you want to take some photos? Are you excited whenever you hold the camera?"

"Surprisingly yes, but I guess it is solely because you are my subject. Nothing could go wrong with a perfect subject just like you, Miss Hyun."

"Yah, Chance stop over complimenting me. How come you've been very outspoken towards me. Are you sick?" Irene reached her forehead that only made the two of them startled with the electric shock they both felt. "Oh that hurts."

"Did you feel it too Miss Hyun?" she asked, "Are you okay?" She grabbed her hand to check but then again they both jolted. "Aish, what was that? It's the third time."

"Really? I felt like being electric shocked." Irene laughed.

"I think we need to keep our distance to avoid that." Chance suggested, "But it feels odd to be not close with you. I like it better when you're just close, Miss Hyun."

Irene felt she's about to have a heart attack. Chance being not her usual grumpy self was kinda killing her. She didn't want to hope for too much, she's afraid to only get disappointed.
It could be impossible that she remembered her but she's acting something else. "Same here. I love being close with you. I wanted to take care of you no matter how hard headed you are and even if you are always pushing me away."

"I'm sorry once again. I don't know how am I going to make it up with you. But I swear I won't be an to you, Miss Hyun. Let's have a fresh start. Uhm like let's reset everything." She wiggled her browse.

"Hmmm, shall I introduce myself?" She asked.

"Yeah, let's re-introduce ourselves, Hi I'm Myoui Chance, nice meeting you." She offered her a shake hand

"I'm Bae Joohyun, nice meeting you too." She gladly took the hand though they both know what's gonna happened next. There was the electric shock once again but they just both ignored it.

"Bae Joohyun? Bae? JOOHYUN?" Chance didn't let go of Irene's hand. 

"Is something wrong, Chance?"

"No, not really but your name. Uhm it sounds perfect. It suits you really well" Irene gotten more reddish this time. She tried her best to hide it from the grinning girl.

With hands holding together they reached the ice cream parlor, Irene ordered for them without asking Chance her order. "One vanilla and one chocolate flavour, please."
This moment seemed perfect she thought, just like the old days when they were having their dates. Chance let go of her hand the moment the ice cream vendor handed the chocolate ice cream. She just smiled seeing Chance being excited the ice cream.

"How did you know that I like chocolate?"

"Just a gut feeling, I guess." They were both enjoying their ice cream when a guy called Irene.

"Irene?" The older girl turned to see who's calling her. "Is that really you?"

Chance didn't like the way the guy stared to Irene from head to foot. She's uncomfortable with it.

"Hey, Suho!" The two gave each other a brief hug. "How are you? I didn't expect seeing you hear." Chance distance herself, she didn't want to intrude their conversation.

"Same here, so are you alone?" Suho asked. That hit Irene, she look around but Chance is no longer besides her. She saw her approaching Jennie. She was relieved that she went to Jennie.

IRENE'S POV 

We were enjoying our ice cream when someone called me. To my surprise it was Suho. My former suitor. He's actually a good friend of mine and we went from the same college. He courted me for several years but I continued to dump him. But he didn't take that against me. We're still cool. 

"Hey, Suho!" We hugged briefly. "How are you? I didn't expect seeing you here."

"Same here, so are you alone?" That's when I realized that Chance left by my side and went to Jennie. 

"Nope, I'm with my friends how about you?" I answered.

"I'm with my family. My wife and I decided to spend our vacation here. It's really amazing here my kids got so excited." Suho noticed Chance from a distance. "So I guess the two of you are still together. When are you going to tie the knot, Irene?" Of course he knew about Lisa. He remembered when I told him that I could only offer friendship because someone owns my heart already. At first he was devastated but he accepted it. 
He courted me for too long but still he never got my sweetest yes then Lisa came along out of nowhere and easily won over my heart. We actually went to his wedding because he invited us.

"We are still planning for it." I answered.

"Just don't take long. Look at her, Lisa is still a chick magnet." He pointed to Chance direction together with Jennie,Wendy and Sharon. Jennie looked at Chance like she's her world while Sharon was lovingly fixing Chance's bangs. How many times did I ever hear that? JUST DON'T TAKE TOO LONG. Am I being too slow?

"I know, don't worry I'll send you an invitation as soon as possible." I managed to joke with him but I know he's kinda right.

Suho ordered a set of assorted ice cream flavours for his family awhile ago. The the vendor handed his order. "Okay, Irene, I'll get going. You go and get your girlfriend." He poked me on my side.

"Yah, Suho stop teasing will you?" He just laughed and walked away from me. I saw Chance glaring at us. I just shrugged it off. And went to join the group. They were arguing about who's going with Chance. Clearly her invitation got rejected. She was like a kid having her tantrums because no one dared to go with the extreme ride.

"Let's go Miss Hyun, I wanted to try that." She pointed the bungee jumping. I gulped trying to ask Wendy to save me. I have fear in heights and I swear I could die instantly with that kind of rides. Of course Lisa knew that but she does not remember so I don't know if I should decline or whatever.

"Wannie, Jennie and Sharon aren't you guys going with us?" I asked.

"I'll pass, unnie. I'm afraid with heights, Sharon also not feeling good about it." Jennie answered.

"How about you Wannie?"

"I need to call back Seulgi, to discuss the wedding preparations, you go and enjoy with Chance."

I am so dead. Should I just tell her that I can't do it? But I don't want to disappoint her. She seems to be very excited to try the bungee jumping.

"Miss Hyun, are you afraid? Don't worry we'll jump by pair. I promise you'll going to enjoy it."she trying to use her charms with me. 

I didn't answer I just let her dragged me to the bungee jumping ride. I felt like I would faint anytime soon. The instructor had been giving us the instructions while putting the harness. I don't think I heard everything. My head is somewhere else. I will trust Lisa as always. Even she does not have her memory I will entrust my entire life to her. She holds my hand and secures me around her arms. "Miss Hyun, let's enjoy this moment." She smiled mischievously.

Well I actually started to enjoy it being this close with her and the warmth her body is giving off. There is no safer place than being wrapped around her arms. I love the feeling. I will just try to distract myself. And then she hugs me tight and lift me as she jumps off the board.
The hell I shriek like I am being slaughtered, Chance could complain later that her ear drums got damage. I've been screaming on top of my lungs and hugging her tight like any moment I could die if she ever let me go. My brain was everywhere I could not think of anything and my fear swallowed me in whole. I didn't even know what were those things I've said.

"Honey, please, don't let me go!" I shouted. I saw Chance forced a smile and secured me more with her arms. I didn't mind her. I am crying mess, I wish I didn't try this in the first place. I've regretted it. I realize how reckless my decision was for saying yes to something I wasn't sure of doing.

We are slowly pull down, I felt Chance soft lips on my forehead.
"I am sorry. I didn't know you are afraid of heights."

I didn't have the energy to respond to her, I was really drained from all the shouting up there but I wanted to assure her that I'm fine. She slowly released me from her arms as the harnesses were being removed by the instructor. She walked away slowly without looking at me. What's with her once again? If there should be someone mad right now, that should be me. She assured me a lot of things then she kissed me on my forehead then she will just walked away like that. I don't really get her. What's going on with her head? What is she thinking this time? What a psycho?

"Chance," Sharon hugged her tightly, "Did you enjoy the ride? What's with the long face?"

"It's no fun."

"What? Why? Did something happen? Are you hurt somewhere?" I saw how worried Sharon's face.

"I am not hurt anywhere. I just don't enjoy it. Right, Miss Hyun?"

I was taken aback. What does that supposed to mean? That she didn't enjoy because of me? Didn't I force myself to try that stupid ride? My knees are still shaking. I don't have time to deal with her tantrums. I just hate her for being an . Yeah I got frightened but I enjoyed it because she's with me. So it's my fault now that she didn't enjoy the ride.

"Unnie, you okay? You're shaking." Jennie noticed that my body was trembling.

"Let's just sit here, Unnie. I commend you for conquering your greatest fear." Wendy complimented. And cleared up some of our belongings at the bench.

"At least someone appreciate my effort." I almost spatted so Chance could hear it loud and clear. The nerve of her, with or without her memories she should be sensible enough to other people.

LISA'S POV

I didn't mind who's gonna ride the bungee jumping with me. I asked Nini, Doc Wendy and Shawee and they all declined so even I felt awkward with Miss Hyun I just tried my luck asking her. She didn't agree or decline so I thought it's fine with her. I felt how nervous she was when the instructor started to give us some instructions for our security and safety. When we were up there I felt the sense of securing her. I did my best so she would enjoy as much as I do. I felt a lot of things up there, excited, my heart raced and skipped a bit. I was suffocated and I could not breathe due to our close proximity. And us being too close made me go nuts already. I was out there ready to embrace the fact that Doc Wendy might be right about me. I am just in denial but the hell she called out her lover. She clung unto me like her life depended on me but she called out her "honey" out of nowhere and she was with me. That ruined my mood. This is all wrong. I don't even know what love really is so this might just be an infatuation because who the hell won't get a crush with Miss Hyun? She's the epitomy of a perfect woman. She's the daughter of Goddess Aphrodite. And I just can't take my eyes off of her. It's very impossible for her to see me if she's been so in love with her stupid lover who left her. I hate this feeling. I don't know why should I be feeling this way? Awhile ago she's been talking to that guy named Suho. That guy is quite a good catch and he looks decent too. But I almost lose my self control. I decided to stay away from them before I punch that idiot for disturbing us. Why? Why should I feel something like this? She's just a nobody to me. I don't like her. I think we both hate each other, she's just doing her job that's why she's been nice to me. I should stop feeling anything for her, it's useless. It will be a platonic love. I don't want to look miserable in the end. Damn my ego really gotten bruised.

"Chance," Sharon hugged me tightly, "Did you enjoy the ride? What's with the long face?"

"It's no fun." I said

"What? Why? Did something happen? Are you hurt somewhere?" I wasn't really in the mood to talk about it with Sharon.

"I am not hurt anywhere. I just don't enjoy it. Right, Miss Hyun?" I glanced at her and she just looked at me blankly. See? The way she stares at me, she didn't really care at all. I'm a goner. It's impossible for her to even like me. Should I just turn back to my grumpy old self? Nah, I promise already to be nice to everyone. Should I be mean only to her because she deserves that? Nah, it is too cruel. She didn't do anything wrong I just couldn't deal the fact that her lover is irreplaceable.

Whoever Miss Hyun's lover is, If ever we crossed our paths I surely gonna punch her straight to her face. What a ! Miss Hyun is better off without her, she only cause the woman too much pain.

"Lili, you okay? You have not spoken for awhile."

"Oh, sorry, Nini been spacing out. I am just planning what will be the next ride."

"Do you want to try the bump cars?" She asked.

"Yah, that sounds fun. Let's go." I said cheerfully and we left the other thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter