XV. We Can't Be in One Place

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JEONGYEON'S POV

Paramedics arrived, the respondents were doing their best to rescue this woman at the floor who seemingly lifeless already. It happens, I am so immune seeing lifeless bodies in this field I've chose. 

I am still kinda annoyed with Lisa, it's the least place I expected her to be hanging out. Is drug her thing now? Have she became a drug dependent or what? My bad I got distracted and my cover was blown. I was too close, we almost caught the big fish. Just when we thought we got the owner of the club cornered and we could proceed to file a case. I've been working for this mission for 3 months and now it all go to waste. I really snapped awhile ago. My boss also gave me a serious nagging for not sticking with the instructions. I was set to do an under cover mission. Everything was well planned. I'd blend to those for almost two months perfecting my skills. We only got Solar who doesn't have the slightest idea that this club is just a front. The real owner of this club is selling drugs, illegal gambling and ion. Dung it, we don't have enough evidence to back up our allegations. Say good bye to my promotions, I guess. 

As much as I wanted to talk to Lisa, I need to finish some tasks at the station. I'll just talk to her when she is sober. 

Her friend is being carried now on the stretcher by the rescue team. Lisa followed them to the ambulance.

"Hey, we are not done yet" I said coldly.

"Jesus, Jeongyeon, give me a break. My friend is in the verge of dying. I'll talk once she is okay." She said firmly."By the way, nice outfit." She mocked. I dressed up too revealing, that's the instruction, though.

"Gees, whatever." I gave my calling card, "Here, in case you are done, baby sitting your stupid friend. You know where to find me." And then I went to the opposite direction.
Funny that we crossed our path like this. 

She's still stubborn and hard-headed. We were childhood buddies. Our parents were busy at work so they left us at the play house. I was victim of bullying and Lisa was the only person who stood up for me. I didn't know that one day we will be separated. I promised her that I won't let anyone got hurt or be bullied. I will be as brave as her. I stick up with that code. I decided to become a police. I don't know if she became a doctor or whatnot. That was her dream job. 
I really look up for her like she was my own hero in the past. If I have any chances, I'd love to catch up with her. But today isn't a good timing for us.

LISA'S POV

3 A.M. we got to the nearby hospital. I was asked to stay outside the emergency room. Wendy saw us coming out from the ambulance, she look terrified seeing Seulgi in that state. She went inside the emergency and personally assist the medication. She promised she will provide me any updates. Jennie has been calling me so I picked up.

"Lili, where are you? I am really worried about you." 

"Well I'm at the hospital, just outside emergency, to be exact." I jested.

"What are you doing here at this late hour? Are you alright?"

"I'm good, Nini. Just a little drunk but Seulgi isn't. She is inside the emergency room but Wendy's with her already so there's no reason to panic."

"I'll come  down there. Just wait for me. Kai's already sleeping, we argued as usual, he wanted me to go home." She complained.

"Okay I'll just be here. I'll spill everything later."

****

Just few minutes later, Jennie got here. I was trying so hard not to fall as sleep. So I kept talking. I told her everything she wanted to know from what happened earlier until Seulgi and I got here at the hospital. Poor, Jennie, aside from being stressed about her own husband, now we're included to her to worry list:

✓Family very broad of course her annoying husband and kid's welfare
✓ Her own health issues; she's really getting thinner day by day
✓ Me and Joohyun; our break up
✓ Seulgi

Why couldn't I do something right. This only happened because Seulgi was trying to cheer me up. I couldn't lose that Bear. I was scared to lose a good friend. 

I only got few friends and I thought after breaking up with Joohyun, I also lost three more of them. For sure they hate me and wanted to bury me alive. Knowing how close Wendy, Joy and Yerim with her.

Jennie didn't leave me. She waited for the updates as well. Even how stressed she was, she's still pretty. There are only two women I adore in this world and she's one of them. Of course I thought nobody could ever beat Jennie's beauty. They are equally beautiful, but damn if it's Joohyun we are talking about then I'll go whip and choose her over and over again. It's like I am being pulled by an unknown gravitational force whenever Joohyun would stare at me. It gets me weak on my knees, ugh.

"What are you thinking, Lili? You are spacing out."

"Oh nothing really, I just wonder how long before anyone from the doctors could give us any information about Seulgi's condition." I lied and mentally cursing myself for thinking about Joohyun and Jennie's beauty. How dare of me to think this way while Seulgi is lying at one of those emergency bed, fighting for her own life?

"Let's just wait a little while. You can take a nap, you looked so tired, Lili."
Jennie pulled me to her shoulder so I could lean on her and be comfortable to sleep.

I fell asleep while waiting when I felt someone was poking me. I stretched my arms. I felt Jennie's presence. 

"Good morning, Manoban." A familiar voice greeted me. This Jeongyeon couldn't really wait. I fixed my eyes to her. She's wearing a police uniform, she changed her outfit. She got two cup of coffees. She handed the other one to Jennie. Then I thought the other one was for me. I saw how she smirked."Sorry, I didn't know you got a company. So the coffee is for this lovely lady." She then winked at Jennie.

"Oh, please cut it off. You really know how to ruin my day. Why are you here?"

"Silly, I am here for work. Can your friend speak to me?" 

"She's still inside." I said shortly. "Why do you like to speak with her?"

"Part of my job, Lis." She shrugged, just tapped her badge to emphasize then sat beside me. I know Jennie was staring at me knowingly. Asking for an explanation who was the annoying woman. Obviously Jeongyeon happened to be a police wearing her uniform proudly.

"You know what, you can really do your job. I am not going to stop you but please be considerate to Seulgi."

"Oh, oh, Lis, you can't be annoyed with me. First I saved your . The two of you should be in jail right now. There are lots of things you needed to tell me. But then I could wait. We'll conduct the proper interrogation at the station. Just cooperate okay?"

My eyes grew wider, "Why do you sounded like you already know our involvement at the club. That was our first time going in there."

"Your friend, is connected with Solar. She may know about that place and hmmm never mind. I'll be discussing this with Seulgi not to you. I gotta check through her attending physician." She walked away but turned to look back in our direction "Next time, introduce me properly to your girlfriend. You got some taste that's what we have in common, Lis. Oh, yeah, I am here for work so yeah, see you around." I shook my head, she really gotten cocky. 

Jennie blushed and could not look at me. Jeongyeon was really getting into my nerves. She's been really bossing around. I'll go to the police station once I get the feedback from the doctors."I'm sorry, she's really not like that if you get to know her." I explained.

"Oh, so you know that officer?"

"Yah, a childhood buddy." I scratched my nose.

"By the way, let's check Seulgi as well." She pulled me from the seat.

Wendy went to our directions. She's onviously mad. Out of the sudden she slapped me. Well that I already expected, knowing Jeongyeon might already told her about the club's incident, so nothing is impossible. She must said something that triggered this small doc.

I was just recovering when another hand landed on my face. Oh come on now, my sleepiness gone instantly. I took a deep breathe.

"The first one is for Irene, unnie and that one is for Seulgi. I will never forgive you, Lisa, if something bad happened to her." I'd been blaming myself and there's no need of reminding me about it. Wendy was about to push me when Jennie blocked her.

"Can you please, don't make any scene here? People are looking, you work here, right? At least act according to your profession." She hissed.

Wendy glared at me like she was really ready to take my life any moment from now. Thankfully Jennie managed to shoo her away.

"Are you alright,Lili?" She asked full of concern.

"Never been this fine, I deserved that." I casually said but damn that hurts like a lot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter