XLV. Special

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lisa, someone is here. Don't get startled." She told her in advance. "It's my grandpa, he helped us to escape in the explosion."

Sometimes Lisa is still confused about her past and the accident. She still could not recall anything. But she is grateful that Mina never leave her side and always patient in explaining the things she does not understand.

"Hi, Lis. Finally I am able to meet you. I am Johnnie, just call me grandpa. You are like my grand daughter too. I wonder why Mina keeps declining my invitation and what's make her busy lately. I figured she's been hanging out with you most of the time." He paused and calculated Lisa's reaction. He was aware that the girl lost her eyesight.
"If something is going on between the two of you, just tell me, okay. I will be totally supportive about your relationship."

Lisa choked, "Uhm, uhm, Sir, I highly respect your grand daughter I won't cross the line. She's a very good friend to me and uhm I won't take advantage of that."

"That's cool we both understand each other."

"Grandpa, what are you saying? Lisa and I are just friends."

"Don't pout on me young lady. You are acting like a caring girlfriend to Lisa. I was observing you for awhile before I entered the room."

"Lis, don't mind my grandpa, he is just like that. He's a total teaser. You know folks are like that." Mina tried to explain thankfully Lisa could not see how she is blushing right now.

"And you are blushing, young Lady." Her grandfather laughed so hard earning him a glare from his grand daughter. "Okay, I won't take much of your time love birds. But by the way Lisa. From now on you need to use an American name or any name for as long as it is not Lisa."

"May I ask why, Sir? I mean grandpa..."

"It's for your security. I will also send body guards here for both the two of you."

"Grandpa I know how to protect myself." Mina was not fond of the idea having her own bodyguard.

"But Lisa needs a body guard. You can't be here 24/7 this is just doing safety precaution, Minari."

"Fine. But is that okay with you Lisa?"

" Uhm, I don't mind. Whatever grandpa wants I know its for the best."

"See Lisa can get my point? Why am I not blessed with an grandkid like her?
Stop being a bratty, Minari. I think I like this kid already. She's really a smart one."

"Yah, grandpa are you saying I am not a good grand daughter?"

"No, I didn't say that. You are just hard headed that you always oppose in everything." 

"Oh my goodness,grandpa. I think you should leave, I know you are very busy. Let me show you the way to the exit."

"Hey!" Mina led her grandpa to the door and made sure she locked it. 
"What a brat you are." The old man yelled behind the door. "Lisa, you need to be more patient with my grand daughter."

"Bye, grandpa, I love you." She went closer to Lisa. The blind girl just chuckled. She finds Mina's grandpa silly.

"Please, just forget about everything he says. He loves to annoy me. Both him and dad its their special skills."

"I know, he is just bluffing. It is very impossible for you to like someone like me." Lisa simply blurted out.

"Wae, why do you say so?"

"Aside that I am dumb, blind, I lost my memories, I am totally useless in this society. Though I am still grateful that you keep hanging out with me and still teaching me a lot of things. I don't even know the basic things yet."

She never hears something like this from her. Lisa isn't very open about her thoughts.
"But you're a fast learner.Are you not aware also that you really are a good catch? Even the nurses and doctors got mesmerized with your beauty." She pointed out. "You are never useless, Lis. It is just that temporarily you feel like you are helpless because you are unable to do things. But time will come, you'll be able to see. Dad told us that,right?"

"I just hope so. Just be honest with me. Don't you have other friends out there to hang out? You are not stuck with me, right? Just have a regular life, Mina."

"I used to have but there are not around, they are working in South Korea. We came from there, actually."

"Is that far from America?"

"It's very far, Lis. But it is close to Japan."

"You mentioned many times Japan. If I may ask is Japan a beautiful country?"

"It's beyond perfection, when you have your eyesight back I will tour you around. I grew up there but I was born here in New York, that's make me an American Citizen by birth."

"I wish we can go there soon. I felt like I am stopping you to do things because you always stay by my side. I don't want to burden you. Sometimes I felt like you are sticking around because you felt like you owed something from me. You felt responsible for my misery but the truth is none of this is your fault. I am not blaming you for anything. I know you really mean it whenever you tell me we are friends, I hope as a friend of mine, you will be honest with me even on small things. I will really appreciate it."

"You want me to be honest with you? I love hanging out here. Even you are being a total most of the time." She teased.

"Who's ? You come here and you will see who's then."

There was a sudden knock at the door. Mina opened it and it was her dad.

"Hi, Lis and hi my ever beautiful darling." He kissed his daughter and gave Lisa a quick hug. "Dad, talked to me before he left. So, Lisa have you think of your new name?"

"Uhm, Dr.John I am still thinking about it."

"How about Chance?" The doctor suggested.

"Well it's not that bad, since it's actually my second life." Lisa totally agreed.

"But dad, can you think of other names?" Mina was not liking Lisa's new name. "And Lisa, you don't have to always agree in everything. You have your choice, you can always say no in things you don't like"

"I'm cool with Chance. Let's settle for that, Dr.John."

"Alright, you're really cool, Lis. I mean Chance. I'll start processing the papers for your new name, okay? And by the way with regards to your eyesight." He became serious and then pulled a chair next to Lisa's bed."We already have the results from the medical tests we ran. Due to your head injury, the impact of it caused trauma around your optic nerve that cause you losing your eyesight. We are still observing the development, and I don't think it caused you a permanent damage. For now you just needed to fully recover and take those vitamins. We are afraid that if we try to push the operation that could also lead in permanently losing your memory. Let's just hope for the best, there's a good chance that you'll heal naturally and both of your memories and eyesight can be recovered. Just focus in getting heathy for now." The doctor patted Lisa's shoulder. "I'll get going kids, behave no skin ship, okay?"

"Dad!" Mina could only whined. Her dad went out the room.

"Another golden rule in this hospital, keep the door open, don't ever lock it Mina. I'll barge in anytime. I am telling you I am still your father and in this hospital I am still on the watch for the two of you." Her dad smiled as he was really satisfied how flustered her daughter was. And then went outside.

"What's with them really?" She murmured.

"Your grandpa and dad are really enjoying teasing you." Lisa commented.

"I am sorry about that. Anyways do y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter