XIX. Oppayah

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

@Jung Condo Unit

"Come on let's have breakfast together." I was preparing the kimchi fried rice and tteoboki at the dining table when Lisa got out from the guest room.

"Good morning, Kryst. Thanks for cooking."

"Good morning, Lis." I seated across the table. "Could you check your phone? It has been ringing the moment you went to your dream land. That must be important."

"Sorry, I'll check later." 

"Are you and Miss Bae, doing okay?"

"We broke up the other day."

I dropped my spoon. "What? Why?" 

"Joohyun couldn't control her jealousy over petty things, probably I've been hurting her unknowingly and it all bottled up inside and suddenly it was triggered and she really became angry."

"But why? How on earth she got triggered?" I asked curiously. Probably because of Jennie.

"Her friend got suspicious and asked someone to follow me. There were photos taken and it was misinterpreted by them." Lisa shook her head.

"So they caught you with Jennie?"
She looked at me.

"Nope," she took a sip of her coffee.

"Can you please tell me, Lisa? I don't want to keep on guessing anymore. Who else could be Miss Bae got jealous with other than Jennie?"

She continued eating then smile nonchalantly. "The photos are all about us, hanging out."

I swallowed my food instantly and I felt like choking. Lisa hurried to my side and gave me a glass of water.
"You okay? Drink some more."

"What photos of us?" I recovered and asked.

"Just us being out from various places. You know nothing really suspicious about those photos. They just see it wrongly."

"Why are you even so cool with it? So I was the reason of your break up? Why didn't you even tell me so I can clear up things for you?"

"It's not your fault okay? We're not doing anything wrong. I already explained that I was with a friend but I never mentioned you to Joohyun that we do really hang out. Anyway, you are unrecognizable on those photos"

"But Lisa, we can both clear things up with Miss Bae, so you can go back together, problem solve."

"It's not easy. Right now I am entangled with a bigger mess. I am trying to protect everyone."

"What kind of mess you got yourself into?"

"Long story, Kryst. But remember my friend Jeongyeon? She's a police. She is helping me to sort out things. I got involved somehow in an incident in the club just recently. I don't want Joohyun to get stressed so I rather fix this alone."

"Lis, you know I am here to help you."

"I know, that's why I don't want any of you to get involved. The less you know the better. It's not that I don't trust you. The reason I am here is because I know I can depend on you."

I embraced her. I was overwhelmed that she cares for me and trust me enough even we just became new friends. I am always grateful that Lisa came into my life. "Just in case you change your mind, Lis. You know where to find me and you can always call me. I'll come running to help you."

"I know, Kryst. Thanks. Let's finish our breakfast."

Lisa provided me Jeongyeong's contact information just in case of emergency. She told me that it might come handy. She's at the couch watching the news. Everytime her phone rang she put it on silent. She must be avoiding that person intentionally. Another ring but this one, Lisa picked up excitedly. I wondered who sets her mood today.

"Hey, of course, Jina, Auntie Lisa is coming on your birthday."

"I am not busy, baby. Oh,your dad needs to stay at the hospital, baby but he will never forget its your birthday."

Lisa's cute, she was baby talking over the phone, I think she was talking to Jennie's daughter.

"Okay see you, later. Happy Birthday baby." She said sweetly. "Give the phone to mommy."

"Hey, Nini. Why on Earth Kai isn't coming to her birthday?" She sounded irritated, with Kai's name mentioned I suddenly had the urge to listen more.

"Your husband is really unbelievable. Just tell Jina I will come to her birthday party. She should not cry, I will be there." She ended the call.

She looked at me."It's Jennie," she said. "Can you ask Kai to attend her daughter's party? I know you two are close." 

"Lis, Kai is different. He stops listening to me and he does not want me to talk to him or to be near him." I sighed.

"I'm so sorry Kryst, I thought you guys are cool." She apologized. "Anyway I need to buy Jina a birthday present, do you mind going with me at the mall, I don't have any idea what do kids usually like for their birthdays."

"Sure, let me just get myself ready. And what time will be her party?"

"That will be 6pm, we still have a lot of time."

I love going out with Lisa. Well we are close friends and I am really comfortable with her. I can lock my arms with her. We're like this together and she does not complain about it. Anyone would really think that we're couple. We are checking different toy's stores.

JOY'S POV

I am sure I saw Lisa being sweet with another woman, I was waiting for a friend here at the mall. I was aware that Irene unnie and her broke up but how come she already has someone to replace, unnie? THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE.

"Hey! You looked like you saw a ghost" I didn't notice Yerim's arrival.

"Yah, you startled me. I think I saw Lisa and her new girlfriend." I almost whispered.

"Eh? Oppa? No, she can't have a new girlfriend yet. Let's follow her Sooyoung." She begged me.

Yerim called Lisa, Oppa because we all thought unnie was dating a man.

"Aish this kid. Why would we follow, Lisaya? Let her be. Irene unnie broke her heart."

"Hey you shouldn't be siding to any of them. It's all Wendy unnie's fault that they broke up."

"Whatever,Yerim" I dismissed her.

We ended up following Lisa and her new girlfriend. Her new girlfriend was really clingy to her. Irene unnie wasn't like that. They never acted cutely in public since they we're not out.

Lisa and her girlfriend stopped from walking. She turned around.  Guess, we got caught. Yerim kept her eyes close as if she won't be visible to anyone's eyes. Lisa was slowly walking towards the wall where we were hiding. I stopped breathing. We're so dead.

"Kids, I know you're there just come out now." Lisa soft voice called us out.

I felt guilty. She didn't change, she's still the same Lisa we knew. I really thought after their break up she would not want us to be her friends anymore.

"Hi, Oppa," Yeri slowly ran towards her. And hugged her tight. "I really miss you. Why aren't you going to our hang out place?" She pouted like a complaining kid in front of Lisa.

"I miss you too Yerimya!" Lisa messed up Yeri's hair. "Sooyoung, aren't you going to give me a hug?" I was caught off guard. Of course I missed this blondie as well. She's like a family to us. So I gladly complied.

"Why are you guys stalking me?" She asked.

"It's Yerim's idea. But we didn't really plan to. We're supposed to shop then I saw you. When she arrived I told her that I saw you and your new girlfriend..." I was fidgeting my fingers.

Her brows furrowed. She and her new girl friend laughed so hard like fools. Both Yeri and I could not relate what was funny about what I've said.

"Krystal, these are Joohyun's friends. The maknae duo. Joy and Yeri. Aren't they cute?" She introduced us.

"They truly are." She smiled to us but we felt a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter