XVIII. Selfless Love

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CURRENT TIME

@Jina's Birthday Party

"Happy Birthday, Jinaya!!!" Everyone greeted. She blew her cake and made her wish.

"What did you wish, baby?" Jennie asked her daughter.

"I wish Lisaya, marry me when I grow taller," she shyly said. Jennie and Lisa exchanged glances.

"But isn't Lisaya a bit old for you?" She asked the innocent kid.

"No, no, no," she cried , "Lisaya cannot be old. She will be still pretty."

"Hush, hush, my little princess," Lisa bent down so she could be level with Jina. "Don't cry, yes you will marry another Lisa in the future. But she'll be prettier than I. That's a promise." She made a sign of a cross just across her chest.

"But I want to marry you?" 

Party guests heard Jina sentiments and they found her cute while making faces to Lisa. 

"Alrighty, what my little princess Jina wants, Jina gets." Lisa said like she really surrendered reasoning out with a 3 year old kid.

"Do you hear that, Mommy? Lisaya will marry me?" She jumped over and over again. Jennie rolled her eyes. She couldn't believe her own daughter's antics.

"Oh, I almost forgot," Lisa gave her birthday present to Jina. "My friends helped me choose this special gift."

Jina's eyes widen, "ohhhhh wow!!!! Mommy it's a princess castle! Thank you, Lisaya!"

"Well Jina, you should not call Auntie Lisa like that." Jennie corrected her daughter. She then glanced to Lisa who was as happy as the kid.

"I'm sorry, Mommy. Sorry, Lisaya."

"No, it's okay Jina. You can call me anything you want." Lisa eyes were pleading to Jennie to let the kid do what she wanted.

Lisa really got along with her children. Whenever they didn't see her they would ask her whereabouts. The kids did not miss their own Dad anymore. They grew distant from him.

When Lisa and Jennie were alone at the kitchen. They talked about what happened recently. She asked her to stay with them instead of staying in a hotel or with some friends, well she would be more comfortable if Lisa will be staying with Seulgi but the latter was not yet discharged from the hospital.

"Are you eating well? You look skinnier than the last time we saw each other?" Jennie was busy washing the dishes while Lisa was busy organizing the utensils.

"I just can't get enough sleep recently. 
I am feeling so homesick." She explained.

"Are you really homesick?" She read Lisa's face, "that's why I've been asking you to stay here so you'll be able to have a peace of mind, Lili. I can look after you and the kids."

"Do I look like a baby?" 

"Hmmm not really but I just want to take care of you. I told you to take extra good care of yourself but I don't see you doing even the simplest job, Lili." Jennie pouted.

She forced a smile, "I am so sorry I keep disappointing you, Nini. But I am working that out. I am really eating a lot these days." Lisa rubbed her tummy.

"I don't think you are getting homesick." Jennie said flatly.

"I am Nini, there's truly no place like home."

"You're not homesick, Lili. You miss Irene. And she's not your home." She snapped. She felt her blood boiled just the thought of Lisa's ex girlfriend.

"I'm so sorry, Nini. I don't know what I truly feel." Lisa apologized.

Jennie held Lisa's face. "Don't be sorry, you did nothing wrong. But we were through with this. I told you Irene isn't your home. I don't want you to get hurt again, Lili. You need to listen to me."

"I know and I am so sorry that I sometimes forgot what you've been telling me."

"And if she truly cares for you then why does she never visits you or even looks for you? Remember Lisa, she didn't give you the chance to explain yourself." Jennie convinced her, "if she loves you,then she should fight for you, Lili."

Suddenly Lisa felt bitter. Jennie was right but she knew Joohyun tried calling her but she kept declining the calls. She couldn't think properly. She really miss Joohyun but Jennie was right about so many things.

Deep in her heart she knew both her and Joohyun love one another but they needed some time to realize things. She loves the latter more than anyone in this world and she was just trying not to further damage their relationship. That was damage controlling on her part. She was still sorting out few things with Jeongyeon. 

She remembered clearly every word Jeongyeon said to her over the phone.

"I am afraid your life is in serious danger. Solar went missing. Jackson just informed me. Stay close by and tell me wherever you go and whenever you are going outside. Jack and Bam are also here to help us. The informants I supposed to meet got into an accident. They are all dead now. But there's a big chance of a foul play with the cause of death, as if someone knew that we were going to meet up. Things are more complicated, Lis. Jackson also sent people to look after Seulgi at the hospital. I got you, okay? We will surpass this." 

She wanted to go back to Joohyun to ensure that she's  safe but that will only putting her girlfriend's life in danger as well. She just allowed herself today since it's Jina's birthday and she could not miss it for the world. 

Tonight she won't be going to Krystal's place. Lisa will be staying at the hotel as instructed by Bambam.
She was being cautious with every move she was doing. She observed that there's this black van parked for several hours outside Jennie's residence. She just shrugged it off.

***

A girl panting hard running in the dark room, "Mom, please don't leave us" her voice was too small but audible enough.

Her Mom stop and stare at her. "You know I love you,darling but, I can't be with your father anymore. Living with him is like a hell to me. You take care of yourself and please don't be a brat to your unnies."

"Mom, please just stay, stay with us..."

Jennie woke up once again with the same nightmare. Her anxiety over the years came back after knowing about the divorce. She punched a number.

"Unnie, help me," that's all she said and hung up.

Jisoo just live few blocks away from Jennie's house. She did not waste any time but came rushing to her younger sister's side.

They were at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter