XXVI. Gigimbap

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Pokpak, you sure, you don't want to come home with me after you get discharged? Appa also wanted to see you, Besides there are lots of good hospital in Busan too." Yoona unnie has been pushing me to go home with her. Well I am thankful she visits me here but hell I won't leave Joohyun here. 

"Unnie, I prefer the doctors here."
Right I am her stubborn baby sis, I need to live up to that image.

"Is it Jennie or Joohyun? Why are you being caught between two Js?" She teased.

"Why is Jennie being dragged here? I just want to recover as soon as possible, unnie."

"Hey, chill okay? But Jennie and I had a serious talk about you. Are you aware she's in love with you?"

"Huh? You still ship us? You're joking right?" My sister is not changing her serious face. So is she serious? 

"Pokpak, you need to choose between the two of them."

"You already know my choice. Jennie and I are just best friends and she knows that as well."

"Then set a clear boundary, she is still hoping that you would choose her. I don't know what you did to these girls that they are all after you. And I sensed that Krystal has her thing for you as well. My goodness, don't give girls false hopes, Pokpak." Unnie seemed to have a head ache thinking how I get involved to a lot of girls. Geez, I didn't do anything. My world only revolves with the only, Joohyun. I am not a womanizer at all. Aish I have more important matter to settle. Someone really wanted me dead. I didn't even know what are they asking me. And that lady who saved me, who is she?

The door opened to my surprise Jennie and Jisoo came in. Yoona,unnie already excused herself. Jisoo hugged me tightly.. "ah, ah, argh Sooyaa, you're hurting me."

"Aigoo, Limario, you got us all worried, especially, Mandeuk. I knew it, you'll survive, you're like a cat. You have spare lives." She chuckled.

"I miss you too, Sooyaa, you can just say it." I teased. She isn't really that vocal but I know she really cares for me.

Then Jennie kissed me on my lips, well it got me so surprised? I didn't know her lips will be that soft. I was not able to talk at first. If I didn't meet Joohyun and if I still had big crush on her I may probably felt so frenzy about it. I stuttered. What the hell is going on? She usually kisses me on my cheeks or forehead. My lips are exclusive only for Joohyun. Speaking of my Goddess-like girlfriend, omg, I am so dead. Did my absence really made impact to my friends? "Uh, huh, Hi, Nini!" Me being the most awkward version of myself. Great Lisa, don't get too affected. It is just uhm a super friendly kiss, right?

"I am sorry, I was not able to see you first, the moment you woke up. Juno had a recital yesterday."

"That's okay Nini, I do feel good right now."

"Yah, Limario, stop faking it." Jisoo tickled my side.

"Sooyaa, stop it. I am dying in pain, no!" This woman wanted me to die.

They both laughed seeing me struggling with Jisoo's tickles.

"Fine, I'll stop, I just go talk to Yoona, unnie. The two of you please, behave." Then Jisoo winked at me. What was that for?

Jennie pulled a chair closer to my bed. She just watched me busy tapping my phone. Seulgi texted me and I just sent few replies.

"Lili,"

I looked at her. Why I have this feeling that she is having hard time? Is she hurt? Did Kai hurt her again?
"Nini, what is it?"

"I am getting divorce," she said shortly. And tears threatening to escape that beautiful cat eyes of her.

"Did Kai hurt you?" I am really pissed off. If I can get up right now, for sure I'll storm to wherever he is and punch him for real. The audacity of that man. 

"I am scared, Lily," she sobbed, "Everyone is leaving me behind. I feel like I am going to die if I lose any person so dear to me. Please promise me you won't leave me." Jennie is really shaking, is she alright? She's having a panic attack.

"Nini, hush, hush, breath in, breath out. Please breath." I tried my best to soothe her.

She hugged me like I will be going anywhere. She is tightening her arms around me. I am hurting due to my injuries but I just let her. I can endure for her. This is not normal. She never acts like this. 

"Please don't ever leave me,Lili." She begs constantly.

"I won't, I'll stick with you." I assured her. "What made you think I'll leave you? I will be always here wherever you need me. I will be there for your kids as well. Please calm down and tell me what is really bothering you?"

"Just don't leave me. I may die if you do." The Jennie I've known is a proud independent woman, she gets clingy but she doesn't depend to people.

"You have my word. Come on cheer up." I tap the bed so she can sit right next to me. I wrap my free arm around her. I can't move the other since I have my IV fluid there. "Calm yourself, okay? No one is going to leave you." She just nodded in response. Jisoo peeked in the door and slowly entered. We didn't say a word, we just let Jennie relax and sleep on my shoulder. 

I mouthed her, "What happened to her?" Jisoo looked at her sister. When she knew it's okay to talk, she begin to explain things to me.

"Over the year, Jennie is suffering from severe depression, Limario." She waited for my reaction. I got stiffen from what I heard. "She was diagnosed long ago, but she was able to handle it. The divorce triggered it back."

"Have you talk to Kai? Can he consider Jennie's condition first?" I tried to lower my voice as much as I can.

"Kai is not backing down, he actually wanted it to be done as early as possible but it's Jennie being reluctant. I badly wanted to discuss this with you. I know you can help her." Jisoo explained thoughtfully.

"How can I help? Tell me, Sooyaa. I don't want to see her like this." I glance to Jennie who seemed to be drifting away to the dream land.

"The divorce is her best option, Limario. The relationship is really toxic to begin with. They don't love one another. But Jennie is holding back because she is thinking the kids and she does not want to feel that she is being left behind."

"So I just needed to encourage her that it's okay to let go?" She nodded.

"She loves you, she will listen to you. She just needed someone she could rely on. I know I am asking for too much, please save my sister." Jisoo wiped her tears from her cheeks. She never cried and seeing her like this is also adding more conflicts in my heart. 

"I'll help, in a way that nobody is getting hurt especially Joohyun."

"It's okay,Lis, for as long as you'll help. I know I can't push you to love her back the same way you had before."

Lisa isn't aware that her sister, Yoona is just at the door. She heard everything, she felt sorry for Jennie but she also worried for Irene. 

flashback...

Yoona asked Irene to wait at the hospital cafeteria. She is still at the hotel having breakfast with Jennie. 
She felt Jennie's sincerity and she's happy that someone loves her baby sister the way Jennie does.

But she is also aware of Irene's feelings. She is just testing the water.
After all the decision will be solely depends on Lisa. 

She came late, "Hi Hyun! Sorry I am late. I had breakfast with an old friend." she apologized. Jennie and Joohyun both scream elegance probably that's her baby sister's standard. They are both equally beautiful, Jisoo is beautiful as well but she has this warm vibes around her compared to Jennie who gives you a cold feeling. Both the women Lisa loves are totally can be described as ICE PRINCESSES. 

They hug o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter