LIX. Han River

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THIRD PERSON'S POV

A guy in black suite had been constant communicating with him. He didn't expect that he will receive the unknown high profile guest inside his small apartment today. He's not aware the boss that was referred to him will be actually a fine young lady.
The guy leads the vip guest inside his place. And at the very moment he felt how low he is the way this person checks every corner of his humble home. He bowed to the guy and offered a seat but he politely declined and just settled to wait outside. While his boss roomed around as if she can really have the entire place burn down as she pleases. He tried not to be intimidated by her. He met her before, he's fine dealing with her just like regular person.

Of course he has so many questions, first how did she survive? And why did they report her dead? He thought he's just hallucinating. He's like seeing an angel sent from above to light up his dark world. Well is this just a dream or what? Is she really an angel or a devil? He saw how she smirked as if so satisfied seeing him. He has not said his decision yet but he already felt he already bit the bait. Girls are just hard to trust. They deceive men most of the time.

He couldn't believe his own eyes seeing the person he thought was already dead for months. He wasn't informed  that she's a very high profile person the guy in a suite referred him who wanted to talk to him with regards to the Chinese Mafia. 

"Agent Bull." He bowed as the lady walked inside the room and that's the only words he mustered to utter.

"Good day Mr.  Kunpimook Bhuwakul."  She seated in the couch without any invitations from him yet. Of course her death  becomes a headline and her identity was widely known due to this. Who would not know her after her grand father made a press conference? Myoui is a well known family clan in both Korea and Japan in terms of business and politics.

"Just call me Bambam." He was stuttering. First she only know her as an agent from NIS so everything became different knowing her true identity for him.

"Of course, Bambam. Oh please, I no longer work for NIS. Just call me, Mina. We had work before. I know you had questions for me. And I'll let you ask one at a time. But I need the assurance on your part that you'll help me eliminate all of them."

"How did you survive?"

"I also don't know how I managed. Perhaps Lisa became my driving force to live. She's just an ordinary citizen but she took care of me that night. She did her best to protect me. I was left hopeless but she never gave up."

"Lisa, but what happened to her? Is she also alive just like you?" She slightly nodded which made Bambam eyes grew wider. He was about to ask something about Lisa but she didn't let him. "She's alive and she has no memories, Bam. I've been trying my best to protect her. That's why we went on hiding but keeping her safe isn't that easy. We all know she's still being the target of our enemies. I looked for you because we do have the same objectives. She's also your friend and I know you'll do everything to protect her. The only friend that's left of you"

He smiled to her sweetly. He understood and appreciated Mina's brave actions. He could not blame the agent if she fell in love with Lisa. At the same time he felt sad knowing  that her case is hopeless, Lisa will never be hers. Of course he knew Irene will be there to claim what is hers. He witnessed how much Lisa loves Irene. That she'll endure everything just to keep the woman she loves safe and sound."I'll help you, but why didn't you ask for my help earlier?"

"I thought I can keep her forever. I thought eventually as we go on in hiding she'll learn to love me back and we can have a fresh start." Her voice cracked. He wanted to go near and console her but he knows it's inappropriate. Mina continued "Irene happened. We were caught and Lisa without even her memories fell in love with her all over again. I got no choice but to let go of her but I could not let her live her life in chaos. I want her safe even she didn't choose me."

He walked towards her which made the Myoui heiress surprised. He's really close that made her confused what was about to happen? "Mina, I am with you. I'll help you keep Lisa safe. I'll avenge Jeongyeon and Jackson as well. I'll make sure their deaths won't go in vain. They will all pay for their sins. You don't have to worry. I won't let you down." She felt his sincerity and for some reasons she just noticed that Bambam looks good too. She never saw him this up close. His hair might be messy and he had mustache and beard but it didn't lessen his good looks. She tried to push aside those thoughts. She had priorities. And on top of those is no other than but Lisa. She could not be distracted. She needs to focus in order to make her plan works.

"Thanks Bambam." She managed to smile slightly.

The two talked seriously and shared informations they gathered from the past about the Chinese Mafia's activities and expanding network on Asia. Mina did the right choice to come after Bambam. The latter also informed her that NIS tailing him and Rosè tried to convince him to join forces with her. Mina could not believe that Rosè's offer got turned down by him. He only accepted his freedom that is why he is no longer inside the jail but he has no permanent place to stay. He moves to a lot of places because he is still tracking down Xin Xai's whereabouts. She thought maybe after everything that happened Bambam lost his faith in the justice system they have. He rather becomes a rogue agent than to work with the government who never protects him and his friends.

Bambam also asked her permission to meet Lisa and promised not to spill everything to the girl who lost her memories. Mina didn't think that  Bambam will cause any trouble. After all the two were really close and he's also a close friend of Jeongyeon. She thought probably Bambam could help retrieving Lisa's lost memories faster.

THE BEAR & MONKEY

It's Chance second day in South Korea. She's actually bored because Sharon is not replying to any of her messages. She already informed her that she got safely in Korea. The brat did not fetch her at the airport as she promised. She's not used being ignored by Sharon like this. It somehow affects her, they were so inseparable even those times that she could not see, Sharon was there as her pair of eyes. It not that she's complaining. Having Irene by her side is more than enough. Just some changes on her environment probably made it harder for her to adjust. She wondered what Sharon's doing right now. She could lose her sanity thinking about any possibilities that the girl is doing something that could lead her into trouble, worst if she got hurt. She will never forgive herself if something bad happened to her. So she tried to contemplate how she's going to confront the brat and make her confess about her plans. She couldn't forget those weapons she saw inside the luggage.  Luckily, Irene taught her how to make a call using facetime but whenever she tries to call Sharon, the brat instantly declines all her incoming calls both regular and online. She's just trying to busy herself out with a lot of things such as mobile games recently, especially when she's occupied. Well Irene brought her to Seulgi's place because  she needs to meet up with the  girls to catch up with them. Wendy also needs her  bestie's assistance to look for a wedding gown for herself. So she's left with Seulgi who's busy rummaging something inside the fridge.

"Catch!" Seulgi said, she almost missed the beer in can that was thrown to her..

"Hey informed me ahead of time." She yelled to Seulgi. Her brows twitched.

"Pabo! I told you to catch it. You are spacing out. What are you thinking of?"

"Really? Aish, I am just worried for Sharon, she's ignoring my messages. I don't know what she's up with. Should I go to her office today? Can you drive me to her company?"

"You seem to be very concerned of her. What the real score between the two of you? I thought you and Irene unnie are together? Why do you think of other woman besides of your girlfriend?"

"Hey, you make it sounds like I am not faithful with Miss Hyun. Technically by papers I am a Myoui. She's my sister,  I am not alive if not for Sharon's help. I owe the Myoui family big time. And it's normal to get worried about that brat."

"Fine, don't be too defensive, alright? Let's just visit her tomorrow since I don't have work. And by the way Wendy said they'll be back late probably super late. You know how girls think and choose dresses, right? Do you want to get some fresh air?" Seulgi offered.

"But it's 7pm, Miss Kang Seulgi." She could not remove the formalities.

"The city never sleeps. Don't be a bummer. I wanted to know you better. Besides Irene unnie usually gives us warning if she's going to date anyone. I just need to do a background check if you deserve our unnie."she said sarcastically, she just needed to say things so Chance won't be suspicious.

"Wow. I just lost my memories but that doesn't mean I have criminal records. You can do background check on me. I know I'll come out clean. I think everyone cares for Miss Hyun.  And I am glad she has friends like you."

Seulgi smirked "I'll go grab all the remaining beers here then we'll drop by at the convenience store to add some more."

"Are you planning to get wasted tonight? I have a bad feeling about this. Doctor Wendy might scold the two of us. I am not  even sure if I am allowed to drink liquor since I am still taking my meds"

" Forget about my fiancee and your girlfriend. Let's just enjoy tonight. I promise I won't bring you to any clubs. Just drinks, no drugs. It will be a quiet place where the two of us can talk."

"Sounds like a stupid idea to me. Shawee will kill me if ever she knew this. But okay, I'll help you load those."

The bear shook her head, she thought she's talking to an upgraded version of Lisa who's kinda trying to be a saint not to commit a single sin on her lifetime.

Seulgi drove all the way to Han River. But they pulled over to the convenience store to buy more drinks and snacks first. As they arrived at the park, Chance loved the place instantly and settled right away in the nearby bench facing the bridge. It felt deja vu for her.

"What's wrong Chance?" She asked worriedly. As she put down the box of beers they purchased from the convenience store.

"Nothing, I think I've been here before. Drinking beers in front of this river and laughing with someone else. Perhaps in my past life I was really a hard core drinker huh?"

"That's weird. It's the first time I go he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter