XXIV. Our Baby

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JEONGYEON'S POV

"The tracker that I'd check directly transmit it's data to GT Inc. When I am trying to copy the resources it acted strangely and my damn laptop got infected with virus." Bam giving me some information that I am trying to gasp at once. We were at the my place discussing all the informations we gathered.

"This is really getting serious, Jeong. We can't just act on our own. You saw it yourself what these people can do. We don't even know why the tracker is even link to GT Inc." Jackson can no longer contained his frustrations, he got really worried with Lisa. She's supposed to be out of the picture. Good thing the operation went well but we are all still waiting for Lisa to recover.

"That's the reason that we are doing this together because we can't trust anyone. They are always ahead of us. And they really sent well skilled people."
I recalled the lady I encountered, who is she? Is she an enemy or an ally?

"I also checked those men whom got killed, they don't have any single record on the data base.

"She mentioned, Lisa is my last card."
I suddenly spill the tea. I didn't tell them about this because I am not sure if she's with us or what.

"Who told you that?" Jackson asked me.

"I found Lisa being attacked by these men but there was someone else there. A very skillful woman, I am not sure if she's an ally or an enemy. But she did help me. I didn't shoot those men. She did."

"Can you remember anything about her?" Bam asked.

"How can I? She's ing wearing a full mask." I am really getting annoyed that I was not able to reveal her identity. 

"Let's just wait for it, Jeong. They are still after Lisa, she might tell us some information when she wakes up." Jackson drop the topic for now.

"By the way, I didn't know your childhood friend is quite popular with girls. You really need to ask Lisa how she is able to manage that. Who is her girlfriend?" Bang got curious.

"It's Joohyun and she has not come around. The audacity of the woman. I never seen her around Lisa. Like she doesn't not care at all. I appreciate Jennie for being protective and Krystal for being reliable. But that Joohyun? No, I don't know what does that woman possessed that Lisa is still head over heels in love with her after breaking the Monkey's poor's heart."

"But did you notice, that small girl? The one who's been calm the entire time. Bam, what's the girl's name again?"

"Ahh, yeah Irene, yes her name is Irene and the one with temperamental issue is Jennie, right?"
Bam is delighted recalling the scene at the hospital.

"Damn that Manoban! How to be her?" Jackson's mouth was agape. "Jeong give us a call when she's awake. I'll be asking if she still has any single friends"

"Yah, you guys get to your working before asking girls out." 

The two crackhead just laughed at me. Why do I have crazy friends like them? How can you think of girls when we have loads of work to do?

@SMCorp Building

"Miss Bae, aren't you going to take a break?" My secretary asked me. Ever since Lisa and I broke up I stop going to the cafeteria. I don't have the appetite to eat anything.

The last time I enjoyed eating was when she cooked for me. I know for sure, Lisa took me home that day. I woke up hugging her bunny stuff toy.
The entire house was also clean and in proper order. There was no trace of any empty bottles. The pile of laundry was also arrange , she knew I would be mad if someone do the laundry other than myself. She just left it as ease. I felt like crying having my breakfast that moment, she cooked my favorite meal, spicy tteoboki and honey glazed salmon. Those only proved that she still cares for me. Though she rejected me. I really felt ashamed throwing myself to her only to be rejected. Lisa is just being herself, she is always a gentlewoman and modest. 

"Ahm Ms.Bae? I said, aren't you taking your break? It is almost time." My secretary's voice call me back to Earth. I've been spacing again.

"No, I'm okay." 

"Okay Ms.Bae, I'll go and bring your snacks here." She went out and got back with foods on the tray. The foods she brought are really tempting. My secretary never miss to get me some foods or snacks. I wonder where she is buying all of these. I don't see these kind of foods at the cafeteria. Probably she just ask for a food delivery.

"Thank you, please take your break as well." 

Yoona unnie and I will meet later. She stayed in a hotel nearby the hospital. And I am also planning to visit Lisa. So we will just meet at the hospital. Wendy assured me I can get a free pass. Jennie and Jisoo are still tagging up against me. Like I don't have any right to be there.

For now I just needed to enjoy my snacks. I feel so at home eating my snacks. Before it really taste like those dishes Lisa prepares for me when we were together. But today it does not have its distinctive spice from the usual. Probably because I really don't have the appetite knowing the person I love the most almost got taken away from me. 

JENNIE'S POV

Jisoo unnie told me that Yoona unnie is in town, and she wanted to see me. First I am bit nervous because she is Lili's older sister and for sure she knew about what I did to her sister before. I already regretted it. Lili and I are cool but her sister's approval would mean a lot to me. She asked me to join her for a breakfast just in the hotel where she is staying in. When Jisoo told me all about their conversation ,she said I got a shot. Yoona is having second thoughts and somewhat disappointed with Irene.

I woke up early today to bake macaroons and cookies for Yoona unnie, and dropped by at the cafe to buy some crepes for her.

I arrive early and will just wait here at the hotel's restaurant. Yoona unnie is really intimidating but I need to gather enough courage and determination. I got this. This is for me and Lili. 

"Hi, Jennie, what a lovely morning. I am glad you accepted my invitation" she is the same as usual, very prim and proper a total opposite of Lili. 

I smiled sweetly to her, "Indeed, unnie. Oh, here, I personally baked those except for the crepes." I gave her the paper bag.

"Gosh, Jennie, you shouldn't over do it. I may abuse you if you continue this." She was gushing.

"It's alright, I really love to give you this. You are like a sister to me too. I remember staying up late in your house and we spent the entire night star gazing at the veranda."

"Right, those were good old days. My sister talked about you almost non-stop. She was so whipped back then" 

"Unnie, I know I cannot turn back time but I am trying to do the right thing now. I- , I, love your sister and I won't be lying to myself anymore." I almost stuttered.

"I knew that you two have something special. You really made Lisa very happy at the same time so lost when you cut your connection with her, she changed like I never saw the usual bubbly baby sis I had. I admit I even hate you for doing that. I don't know about your reason but what can I do? My sister matters to me. I really thought Lisa won't get over from her hang ups. But then her Joohyun came into the picture. Lisa find herself again and has a reason to be genuinely happy."

"But, unnie, I can prove you how pure my intentions for your sister are." 

"I know that you truly love her and I am so grateful for that. But even if I support any of the two of you. It will be Lisa's final decision not mine." She my hair. "I am not judging you, I don't care if Joohyun is single or if you have your kids. If she really choose you then I will go all out to support you."

"Thank you, unnie. Thank you so much." 

"Dry your eyes I don't want you to ruin your make up. Lisa will hate me if she knew I made her favorite person cry early in the morning" she joke. "Let's enjoy our breakfast."

THIRD PERSON'S POV

@Changi International Airport
Singapore

Inco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter