XLVI. The Stars Are Aligned

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chance, dad wanted me to attend the seminar with him. That will be next week so Nurse Wesley will be in charge for the day. Please don't be hard on him,okay?" We were now at the Grand Central Terminal. She asked me to take her out at least twice a week, she wanted to try to walk around with her blind stick but it's too risky so I made sure I can watch over her. 

"The train is about to come." She said.

"How did you know that?" I looked to the empty railway.

"Didn't you hear the announcer?" She sarcastically asked.

"Hey, you are starting to get Miss Grumpy again. I think I should get you a pet dog so you can stroll around without me." 

"If you think that it will help me then I am okay with it." She casually said like she's really okay without me around.

"Do you remember liking a dog or do you owned one?" I asked.

"I don't remember being an animal lover. I am still clueless, that's why I wanted to wander around. My memory might return if I worn out myself."

The announcer called the passengers' attention to move away to the yellow line. We waited for the train so we could get in. For some reason she didn't move a bit.

"Chance? What's wrong? You look bothered." 

"Did you hear a woman's voice? She sounded familiar. I heard that voice before."

"Probably she is someone from the hospital. You hear different voices at the hospital. Besides there are too many women around here, including us."

"Nope, I never heard that voice at the hospital but she kinda sounds very familiar. She's korean,I can confirm that 'cos I heard her asked someone for a direction."

"Wow, Chance, your hearing is quite amazing. Let me take a look who are you referring with" I only see a woman's back, she bowed to the station staff. Judging her manners, she must be really a Korean but she's kinda far from us already and I was not able to see her face up close.

"Did you see her?"

"She's too far and she already left."

"Nevermind, I just got curious."

"Oh, Chance we missed the train, let's just wait for the next one." The train started to depart so we were left to wait for another one. Chance still looked so bothered with the woman's voice she mentioned earlier. 

"By the way, the last time that you asked Nurse Wesley to watch over for me, hmmm he was just flexing the game he was playing. Is playing a video game really that entertaining?"

"That depends, why?"

"I want to play it too. I want to try it. He seemed to be enjoying the game too much. I kinda felt envy because I can't see things." She pouted unconsciously. She's too cute.

"Oh, poor, Chance. You're like a baby you know? I'll buy you all the gaming stuffs once you are able to see. I'll make sure you will get all the latest gadgets and you can flex it to Wesley. I winked forgetting she's blind.

"Wow, isn't bit too much? But I will be looking forward. You can never take it back. Promise should be honored."

A tall guy in black suite with a shade, approached us. "Miss Sharon, your grand father asked us to accompany you. The car is ready."

"Hey I told you, Chance and I are going to ride the train. Just follow us on the next station. "

"Understood, Miss Sharon. I do apologized for intruding. We will keep our distance."

"Good."

"Do you really have to be that cold with the bodyguards?" 

"I already told you I am normally a cold person. You should know it by now. We have been spending time like 24/7."

"Well, you are not. At least you are not cold with me." 

"Because you are an exception, but do not expect me to bend my golden rules for other people." She sighed upon hearing my explanation.

"Gees, Shawee, don't be too hard on yourself and with people around you. Try to loosen up. Try to trust them."

"Here we go again. Don't start with calling me that way. It makes me cringed."

"But it's your English name."

"No it's not."

"Well I call you Shawee cos' it's cute."

"Ehh, I'll gonna smack you if you dare."

"Shawee, Shawee,Shawee." She seemed to be entertained teasing me.

"Okay, Chance, going back to our discussion, let me tell you about your past. What if you already knew that some people are trying to kill you. Would you easily trust anyone especially without your precious memories?"

"Then I will trust my instinct." She said instantly. "Human hearts could detect the truth about people."

"No, Chance. You can't do that. Did you know that you kept that secret by yourself. That's why we were helping you to sort out things."

"We? You mean there are other people who knows my secret?" She asked curiously, "And what kind of secrets do I have?"

"Yes, my friends and I are trying to help you from the mess you got into. And no one in your circle of friends knew about it." I tried not to spill all the information so it won't overload her mind. She still could not remember anything.

"Okay, now I am confused, let's go back, hmmm. So do we really know each other before the accident? And it sounded like I don't trust even my friends that I never told them what's going on with my life."

"First, we don't really know each other, I just followed orders from my higher support. Second you kept your secrets because you think it's best that no one gets involved with your dilemma."

"What kind of trouble did I get myself into and what type of job you had? Why are you helping me back then?" She had more questions that each time I tried to answer all of her questions she will just threw me more questions.

"Okay, let's say I used to work to protect people. I was assigned to closely monitor you. You just happened to get involved in a very big syndicate. Which required them to clear you from the face of the Earth because you might cause them big trouble in the future." I tried to explain it in a very simple way. She frowned.

"Am I doing terrible things? Like something illegal?"

"No, you just happened to be in a wrong place and wrong time that you crossed path with them. But you are a good person, Chance."

"Okay if you say so then I will believe in you but can you promise me one thing? Whatever happen you need to keep this to the people I love. I don't want them to get hurt because of me. If the syndicate badly wants me dead for sure they will also go after with my love ones. Your grandpa already made it appear that I died right? So let's stick to that until I recover my memories. We need to make sure those people are not able to harm my family and friends."

"Grandpa taken care of it. Just focus on trying to recover you memories. And please as I told you, never let your guards down or trust anyone. They might pretend they are on your good side and take advantage of your lost memory. Remember you are now a Myoui, Chance. I did not risk my own life just to lose you once again. That can never happen. Also Grandpa is hunting the syndicate leader who messed up with us."

"Your family is quite powerful. I started to wonder how my family members look like. It must be hard for them when they knew about my death, right?"

"But it's best for everyone. Once we eliminated the syndicate then you can have your normal life back. You'll be able to live freely."

"You're right. I still want to take revenge to those people." The train already arrived. 

"Let's go there's the train, Chance."
But she was not moving she was distracted.

***

This is what she hates most travelling in a foreign country with her limited English she knows she would struggle. Not that she cannot comprehend English, she is just having hard time to express herself better. She drags along her luggage. She asks several times for the the direction. She didn't know that the Grand Central Terminal would be this huge. She has been walking in the subway for about 35 minutes and she still does not know which route she should take. Everybody is busy with their own business and she saw different races. Truly America is the land of the free. She wandered around and when she was left with no choice, she decided to ask the station staff for an assistance. She was afraid she'll got lost before she could get to her accommodations.

She saw couple teasing one another. They were speaking both in English, but what caught her attention was the woman with the bucket hat, she also wore shade, she looked silly. She resembled with those idols in Korea who wore something like that at the airport to hide their identities from their fans who keep following wherever they go. Then she saw the blind stick, she must be blind. Something about the state of that woman made her heart broke. The world is really cruel she thought. She felt a sudden urge to take a closer look but she didn't want to act like a creep especially she's foreign in this country. She could barely hear them. The other woman looked more Asian but she could not figure the race. She realized that she's been staring at them for too long so she focused her attention to the terminal staff.

"Hi, can you tell me how to get to this place?" She shyly showed the address written in a piece of paper.

"Bacarrat Hotel? Oh just take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter