XIV. Bear

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEULGI'S POV

Lisa was not speaking to me. We were just quiet. I already had an idea, Wendy informed me to make sure I'll keep Lisa away from them. I was late. I saw how mad, Irene unnie with her. I didn't know what exactly Wendy told her. Aish and yes under this circumstance, Wendy decided to break up with me. She didn't even think that few days to go will be our month celebration. Where is the justice there? What did I ever do that she wanted to have a double break up with her best friend? And, I was not defending my best friend. I believe in her. Lisa tends to be so dumb at times but she is who she is. She will never cheat to her girlfriend. I knew how loyal she is even to her friends. She is more loyal than any dogs out there.

This Monkey won't really talk. I wanted to ask her about the other woman but my instinct tells me to just shut up and wait.

I already gave Jennie a heads up. And she also tried calling Lisa but of course this Monkey didn't even check her phone.

We're heading to my condo. She has nowhere to go now that Irene, unnie,kicked her out.

She took a deep breathe, "Thanks,Bear. I screw big time." She faked a smile."I didn't know someone is following me."

"What do you mean? Did you get caught doing something inappropriate?" I wasn't sure if I asked the right question.

We finally arrived in my unit. I manage to buy a unit here in the city.
"I didn't do anything bad, Bear." She slumped at the sofa. "I met this woman at the hospital. She's one of Jennie's husband's friend. Well to cut the long story. We got close. She visited him several times. Actually she and Jennie are not close, it is another story and I don't know about their issue. But believe me, we are really just good friends and it's nothing important to begin with this sudden fuss. Just the same how I treated my co-workers. I don't know, that someone took photos of us and Joohyun's jealousy kicks in."

I just nodded upon hearing her explanation. I knew it. Lisa isn't the type who would lie to me or who could cheat to the person she loves. It is all misunderstanding.

"But you know what? Perhaps if I were Joohyun and saw those photos and I was acting distant lately because, yeah I was always with Jennie. I would also jump into a conclusion that I was really cheating. I really don't know how to explain it to her. She won't listen after all."

"Mind if you introduce me to this woman?" I inquired. "You really, look right now, Lis. Is she already aware what is going on to you right now?"

"Does it matter? She is really out of this issue. I won't drag her here. Damage was done. I already hurt, Joohyun. I don't have the guts to see her."

", Lisa! It is not like you cheated on her. If only you'll ask that friend of yours to clear things out, just maybe, Irene unnie will listen."

"Oh and about that, she formerly worked for Joohyun"

"What the hell, wow Monkey? Who's that woman, this is getting really intriguing ."

"She is just a friend, Bear."

"Okay I won't push it. But what about me? Should I cry out a river right now? Cos I don't ing get why would my girlfriend wanted to break up with me? Should we both go somewhere and just be wasted all night?" Well I was just over reacting to everything to make her laugh.

"Not a bad idea. Grab your stuff. Let's dance the night away." She winked.

"Now, now, now, that's the Monkey, I know. Finally you will give yourself a break." 

"Just one night won't hurt. I needed it to forget everything that just happened today."

Well of course Lisrene is the epitome of relationship goals. It's unexpected.

"Author-nim stop twisting Lisrene's fate. Re-write their love story, please."
She looked at me worriedly.

"Hey, who are you talkin' to?" Lisa asked.

"I am prayin', Monkey. You need to pray with me. Wendy taught me to pray harder so God will listen."

"You're such a crackhead. You can pray harder without verbalizing it. You sound so insane, Bear. Remind me why am I even friends with you?"

"Oh well you remind me, please. Now I am being stuck with you and loveless. This is actually your fault." We started to bicker. 

She laughed, "You are fated to be single forever, Bear. I think you will never get lucky in relationship."

"Says who?" Then we giggled.
"Well, I do feel like going to try this popular place. That club is very exclusive. I can book us the VIP room."

"Okay, sounds like a plan, I actually wanted to go back to Busan and just lay down my at the beach."

"Don't worry, Monkey, I'll get you cover. Let me just call my friend Solar."

***

This place is lit. Foreign bouncers and staff. The moment we entered the club, we were escorted by Solar's bodyguard. That feelin "rich and famous". Lisa needed to relax and this one is hella good idea, I'm such a smart brain. 

"Seul," Solar waved at me asking to follow her.

"Yah, Solar! Long time no see. So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter