XLVII. Rivals

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jennie?" My brow twitched upon seeing her in here. We bumped with one another in the most unexpected place. I thought she is being treated in South Korea. She looks just fine just the normal y Kim Jennie that I knew of. I glanced once again to the photo. It was Lisa's work, no doubt about it. But why was the subject about Jennie? When was this photo taken? From the background itself it didn't look any places in Korea.

She cleared as if she's about to sing a high note song. "Hi, Irene, long time no see." 

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be in Korea and being treated? Are you okay now?" I tried not to sound too cold.

"I've been here for months and I am all good. Thanks for asking. How about you? I didn't know you're a photography enthusiast.

"I am now. You know my reason already."

"Yeah, but about that photo. If you are wondering about it. I think I should explain it myself." She shyly said.

"I was not aware of any of this, Jennie. You better give me a good explanation. She never mentioned working with you."

"Do you think it will be possible for us to work together? With your obvious jealousy even right now I am doubting it." She teased.

"Fine just spill it. When was this photo taken? And where?" 

"Last year in Paris." She just ignored me scowling, "We didn't go there together. I followed her. If you are wondering about it then that's my explanation. She had nothing to do with this. Days before she flew to Paris I volunteered to be her model. It was an absurd idea. I just wanted us to become closer since she was trying to distant herself because she didn't want you to get mad at her."

"What were you thinking? Why would you do that?"

"You can't blame me. I am desperate to snatch Lisa away from you." She gave me a what the hell look, "In behalf of Jisoo unnie, I went to our company function in Paris. But I went earlier for one reason. I did try to seduce her. Funny thing about it she did not give in. Lisa really loved you. All she ever did is to be nice with me. She was not aware that I knew about the engagement ring she secretly bought there." She sounded very sad.

"But she submitted your photo in this event. You had a special place in her heart too. The very exact reason why I got jealous of you." I told her with all honesty. There's no use if we keep fighting. Lisa is gone and of course ever since the conflict between the two of us, she had been asking us to reconcile. Jennie then hugged me. A comforting hug from a long lost friend.

"I am sorry for being such a , I hope you can forgive me, Irene."

I hug her back, "We should have reconciled earlier. You know that Lisa wanted us to be really closer. She would be happy to know that we have finally work things out between us. I am sorry too for being so stubborn, Jennie."

"So does this means we are back as friends?" I nodded as a response.

"Now that you are here, please join me. I am really having hard time travelling around." I requested.

"Sure, Irene unnie." She called me back that way. We are really good now. 

"By the way, can you tell me more about your Paris stay with Lisa? It just made me curious but no worries I won't get jealous anymore." 

"You sure, you want me to go on details?" She teased.

"Okay, never mind. For sure you did something unacceptable." I knew her so I just needed to stop it there.

"Anyways let's go and do some shopping,unnie. This photo expo is really boring. I just went here for an attendance check"

"You sure, are they not going to look for us?" I checked Mr. Myoui still being busy attending his other guests.

"Hell no, what are we? We are not college students skipping classes. Let's go." Jennie dragged me outside the museum. I am starting to question my sudden decision. I think I'll be in trouble because of Jennie.

As we exited the museum, I was already catching my breathe and panting, "So where exactly we're going Kim Jennie?"

"Shopping, salon and cafe."

"You seem so hyper today." I commented.

"It's because I haven't done those things for ages. I wanted to live my life to the fullest. I am so glad you are here. At least we can bond together."

"Alright, I miss my me time too. Your idea isn't bad. Just take me wherever." We both giggled.

It took us half hour due to the on going parade. Luckily Jennie just know how to get to the mall. She just followed the gps guide for the reroute. Jennie's luxury car screams more about of her personality. Elegance and wealth. Most of the people in the side walks stared on the passing grey Porsche and tried to peek who's behind the wheel. I smirked knowing the car is tinted enough and people won't be able to see us here.

We arrive in Hudson Yards Mall. The place isn't that crowded. We started to check the jewelry shops one by one since both Jennie and I are very fond in collecting accessories. Jennie checked the Tiffany & Co boutique, I just followed her silently inside.

"Unnie try this ring. She took my hand and paused when she recognized that I already wearing one. I never take it off since Krystal gave it to me.I immediately removed my hand. I don't want to hurt Jennie. It was obvious that she was taken aback after seeing my supposed engagement ring from Lisa.

"She was not able to propose to me." I said shortly. "Krystal gave this to me. Lisa asked her to keep it until she's ready to propose."

"It's beautiful,unnie. Lisa got a taste. She really got you a wonderful ring."

"Yeah I instantly love whatever she would gave me."

Jennie returned the ring to the attending staff, "Here, my friend isn't interested." The staff bowed to us. "Just get us bracelets, please." She asked politely.

She meticulously picked two identical bracelets and purchased using her black card. "Unnie, can you help me put this on?" 

"Sure." 

"Isn't it perfect?"She flaunted her new bracelet like a kid who just got a birthday present. She then took out the other bracelet from the box."Give me your hand, unnie. This is our friendship bond. From now on we will be forever friends and of course there won't be any reason for us to break apart or fight over something."

"Omo, Jennie this is too much. I can buy myself too." Well it kinda hit my pride. Of course I could afford to buy myself anything. It is just that being with Lisa for too long made me became practical and thrifty.

"Take it. It's my gift. Consider this as my token of friendship, please, please, please, unnie"

"Fine, but you should not buy me anything too expensive. And I'll treat you at the salon later."

"Deal!" She gave me her signature gummy smile. It's Jennie's cute side no wonder Lisa fell for her. She's really adorable you just needed to see her good side. I also knew what triggered her hate for me. It was when I hurt Lisa and I also felt bad of what I did back then when I broke up with her. I honestly think that our break up was the root cause of all the mess that had happen to us. 

For now I will try to enjoy my time with Jennie and I will surely keep our friendship through thick and thin.

We continued strolling around Hudson Yards Mall. Chit chatting about beauty stuffs and fashion trends. It's like I found my long lost sister and we can do this all day long.

"By the way, unnie, how long are you going to stay here?"

"Probably a month, I will also wait for Wendy. She'll arrive next week. She'll attend a seminar and stuff. The hospital sent her to represent their department. I don't know what they call it."

"So where are you staying right now?"

"In Hotel Bacarrat."

"You can stay in my place. It's big enough for the two of us and we have guestrooms there. And Wendy can join if you are worrying about her."

"Oh, that will be too much, Jen. But we're good. We have paid the accommodations in advance, might as well take advantage of its costly rate."
I reasoned out.

"Well, just tell me if you are not comfortable in staying in the hotel, my place is always open. The two of you are welcome to stay." She offered once again.

"Sure, I'll let you know."

"About your friend, Wendy. Is she and Seulgi getting serious?"

"Yes,why did you ask that? They are actually getting married." I said in a matter of fact.

"I just got curious. During Jisoo's dark hours. Uhm well she's very close with Lili as well. You are aware of that right? She was not able to handle her loneliness which resulted in relying with alcohol." I cut Jennie out. I don't know what's her sister's connection with Wendy.

"Hey, that is just so random, what's Wendy's connection with your sister?"

"It's not Wendy, Irene,unnie. It's Seulgi."

"What about Seulgi? She was your sister's classmate, right?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter