LXIV. Circles

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At California Myoui's Villa

Johnny Myoui had been diligently working these past few days. He could not wait to tell his favorite grand daughter the outcome of his hard work. He knew she's also busy at work and spend most of her time in her unit in New York after giving her such high position. He kinda felt bad that she seldom goes back in their mansion. 

He just got a phone call from Inter Pol. They got Lady Orchid the Chinese Mafia Leader. She's under custody and about to be deported next day for further investigation. She was supposed to fly to Brazil to escape the FBI agents who were also after her when the Inter Pol got her busted at the airport. 

He checked other files on his desk. He skipped GT corp. He already knew their dealings and corruptions inside the company. He stumbled with other company profiles and briefly checked each folder. The sales report of KIM Industries caught his attention most. He compared and studied the data. He thought there was something fishy about the trends and irregularities in increase in sales. And some reports showed a huge amount of money were being missing. There was a discrepancy. He knew the Kims for too long and they're like a family to him. He didn't want to confront his long friend about this knowing he has a heart disease and currently ill. He thought of the bright Kim Jisoo who is now the CEO of the said company. He's very fond of her actually and he found her very funny. He watched her grew up and became the Kim Industries successor. Of course he didn't want to assume things. He called his assistant.

"Mr. Hong, could you double check CEO Kim Jisoo's of Kim Industries assets for the last three years? Including her bank account."

"Yes, Boss."

"Did Mina call?"

"Boss, I apologize I just got informed your grand daughters both flew back in South Korea separately. They board a commercial flight."

"What? Why didn't you know it earlier? What are those punks doing in Korea? It's dangerous for Chance to go back. Ayayay this is not good."

"Boss I am afraid, Young Miss Sharon has been dealing with Kim Industries because of its recent merging with GT Corp."

"Prepare the jet. Call John and tell him I'll be going to South Korea. Cancel all of my meetings. Those kids are really giving me head ache. I just wanted to retire and be at peace, aish." He took his cane and stood up. "You better give me the reports about Kim Jisoo before we landed to South Korea. I don't like what is bound to happen the next few days.

GANGNAM HOSPITAL

They arrived at the hospital. They immediately admitted Jennie and Lisa at the emergency room. Bambam went out to get them coffee while Seulgi called Jisoo to inform her sister's safe.

"Babe?" What are you doing here? I told you I'll be late." Wendy saw her fiancee waiting outside the emergency room. She looked at the door since Seulgi's gazed was on the emergency room. "Who's inside?"

"Lisa and Jennie. But it's not something serious. We just wanted to make sure Jennie won't get traumatized."

"What happened to them? Is unnie around?" She looked around expecting Irene's presence too.

"Irene unnie is fine she's at Sharon's place but she's not aware that we looked for Jennie."

"Babe, what is really going on? Why did you look for Jennie? And what do you mean by traumatized? Why would Jennie be?"

"Same people who's after Lisa took Jennie from the airport earlier. They supposed to have dinner. We figured she was abducted. But everything is fine now. We managed to save her. Lisa can finally live in peace. The person who's after her is already gone." Seulgi said as if she's reciting. Wendy could not imagine how they rescued Jennie and how were they able to fight back against Mafia Members? She could not collect the idea because that was really dangerous.

She smacked her fiancee's side, "What the hell KANG SEULGI! I've been busy here and had no idea that you'd been out there saving someone's life. Don't you know that it could cost your life too? Those people are criminals. What if, what if-" she understood where was Wendy coming from. She embraced her tightly and observed how the doctor's heart raced. She made her worried and she felt bad. Yes she did not lie but saying nothing was like lying as well.

"Shhhhh, It's all over now. Everyone is safe. I am sorry that I made you worried. I will not do it again. I will tell you first." Seulgi sincerely apologized.

"You better,aish. You and Lisa are always causing us twice the stress than our regular works. Unnie must lock her girlfriend inside their home. I'll go and check, Jennie and Lisa inside."

"Go, and smack Lisa too, it's really her fault. Smack that monkey hard, babe." Seulgi chuckled then kissed her fiancee. "I love you! Stop frowning, please."

"I love you too, Babe. You stay right there. I'll be back. You better behave. Gosh, I'll get literally older day by day." The Bear just mouthed sorry.

Bambam sat beside Seulgi and handed a cup of coffee. "You're one lucky Bear, don't you know that?"

She reached for the cup of coffee and grinned at his comment. "I am indeed. And I am going to marry that hot doctor,Bam. Can't you believe it? I will tie the knot with her and allow myself to be tamed by that headstrong doctor." She smiled at the thought of marrying Wendy.

"Gosh, stop blushing. It does not suits you."

"Hey, you need to find your woman so you could relate, Bam. Does anyone caught your attention yet?"

He became silent and thought for a moment."I think I do." 

"Do I know her?"

"Not really but we talked about her."

Seulgi clapped excitedly, "Is that Lisa's adopted complicated sister?"

Bambam just smiled and drink up his coffee. Well he forgot that it's too hot to gulp in one shot. But he contained it and showed no expression. He won't tell any details he knew Seulgi won't drop the teasing. Of course he could not make it obvious. When he himself is not sure about if he stand a chance with the Myoui heiress.

Inside the emergency room, Lisa was all good to go. Wendy will just send her the result of her CT scan tomorrow. Thankfully she didn't get any scratch or wound other than to those beating she got. She sat next to Jennie who really look tired. Her head was covered by bandage. The attending doctor already gave her anti depressant and she will be transfer to a private room later.

"Jen, I'll be the one cleaning up your wound tomorrow. For now it is best that you take some rest." Wendy squeezed Jennie's hand.

"Thanks, Wendy. Please say my thanks to Seulgi as well."

"Sure not a problem."

Lisa never left her side."Nini, Seulgi already called Jisoo. She will be here soon. I am sorry that you have to experience this. Please, you need to rest to gain some energy, okay?"

"I will, Lili. But how's your head? Isn't it hurting? I saw how you struggled with your migraine. I was really got scared as well seeing you suffered and being beaten badly by that woman."

"Hush, Nini. Stop worrying and forget those bad memories, only keep the good ones, okay? My head got shaken a little but its working good now." She patted Jennie's hair. "I got really scared when you didn't show up at the dinner. I know something was up."

"When I am better let's have dinner with our friends, Lili."

"Yes we will, Nini. You need to close your eyes. Later they are gonna move you to a private room."

"I love you, Lili. Goodnight for now. I am really sleepy. Be here when I woke up. Will you promise that?" 

"I will that's a promise. I love you too, Nini. You sleep well." She kissed her on the forehead and fixed the blanket.

Wendy was just there witnessing them. Of course she knew how close these two are. She did not put any malice about it. She slowly pulled Lisa so Jennie could take her rest. She looked at her with full of concern. "Chance, is your head badly beaten?" To her surprised Lisa pulled her into a tight hug. Of course that made her startled, Chance isn't a hugger type of person. Only Lisa could do this.

"Wanda!" Lisa made the hug tighter. And inhaled deeply as if taking this moment as her one shot. "You've been nothing but a very good friend to me. You really care for me. Please, don't get mad with Bear and don't ever blame yourself for the break up. Let's put the past behind us. Joohyun and I would never blame you for anything. I know there's a part of you that still blames yourself."

"Chance? What are you saying?" She was surprised with the tall girl's action. She was battling to ask if she could remember or whatnot.

"Wanda, drop it now. I remember everything. I don't hate you or blame you. You are forgiven so please forgive yourself too. You've been a wonderful friend to us. I couldn't ask for more. And congratulations, I realized I have not congratulated you and Seulgi properly. My bad, I caused your wedding to be delayed."

Wendy's tears started to fall, she was so overwhelmed. Yes she still feels responsible for everything. That's why she promised she'll help LisRene to get back together by any means.
"Lisaya! Thank you, thank you for always being the kind hearted person you are. I am glad you are really okay now. Seulgi told me it's over. You don't have to run away from unnie, okay?. Unnie have been waiting for you for too long. She never believe you died. We were so happy when we found you in New York. Oh my gosh, I talk too much." She felt like dreaming and she's trying to sink it first that Lisa really remembers everything.

"I am thankful too because you helped me a lot. You made sure that Joohyun and I would end up together regardless if I could not remember anything." She cupped the doctor's small face and wiped those falling tears. "Stop crying, Wanda. My best friend is just outside and she might punch me later. You are more beautiful whenever you smile, no wonder that Bear is head over heels for you. I never seen her so excited about anything but your upcoming wedding. I am so happy for the two of you."

"Thank you so much , Lisaya. And this is tears of joy, unnie will be very happy too. I am so happy that your memories are back."

"Yeah, speaking of Joohyun, I must go back to her. She might be sulking right now. I lied that Seulgi and I would just talk and get back right away."

She took out her phone so she could call her but Joohyun was not picking up. Of course she knew her girlfriend, she easily wakes up with just a simple noise. It just strange for her so she checked her messages.

-------------------------------------------------------

Miss Hyun: 😠😤😟

Miss Hyun: just 10 minutes. 😠 Where are you? 

Miss Hyun: Are you guys not done talking? 🤔😟

Miss Hyun: Tell Seulgi, I'll call her fiancee to collect her.

Miss Hyun: Yah stop ignoring my calls and messages!😖😩😡

Miss Hyun: you told me it will be quick? Just bring over Seulgi here.
😞😞😞 Please come back, you are making me worry.

Miss Hyun: Someone came from NIS. She's looking for you.I think she's Sharon's friend.

Miss Hyun: We are having coffee right now. She's waiting for you. Get back here, hon.

Miss Hyun: Hon, Sharon asked us to go somewhere safer. Just talk to her to know the address. 

Miss Hyun: hey, it's rude to make your guest wait for too long. 

Miss Hyun: We can't wait for you any longer. Just head here once you get my message. Please reply back, hon.

Miss Hyun: I don't know the place but we are heading to Daejeon. Just how many place Sharon owns? 

Miss Hyun: Btw hon, Iloveyousomuch. I am not mad just upset because you are so hard headed. Can I get an Iloveyou back? Stop ignoring me! 😢

-------------------------------------------------------

She smiled reading all Joohyun's messages especially the countless emojis. Oh how she missed the clingy and grumpy Joohyun. She would really need to explained herself. She then changed her contact name to :
Mi Honey Joojoo 💜🐰

"Hey, stop smiling, Lisaya." Wendy called her attention. 

"Your best friend is kinda pissed off. I think I'll gotta go,Wanda. I'll just grab a cab. I'll call Sharon, first to ask the address."

She dialled Sharon's number and luckily she picked up right away.

"Hey, I got Joohyun's message. How can I get there?"

"Huh?" Sharon did not follow.

"The address to the safe place." She clarified.

"Didn't you go with her? Where are you at? Aren't you together?" Lisa sensed that Sharon had no idea what she's trying to ask. 

"Okay, I got a message from her saying you wanted us to move in a safer place. And she's heading to Daejeon. So what is address? Or are you going to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter