XX. The Only

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IRENE'S POV

Lisa never once pick up my calls. As in not a single one. When we were together, she'll pick up even the ring hasn't finish yet. She's whip and that makes my heart flutter. But now it kinda hurts that she ignores me. I never stop doing this for 2 weeks calling and getting rejected. I know that I was at fault so I need to do some efforts to win her back. Never in my entire life that I imagined myself to stalk a person. After Jennie's threat of course, I could not stay still for a minute and let her win. I was shaken that she could be a real . So my instinct about her was accurate. Lisa is just insensitive not to notice that her so called best friend has still hang ups for her. Good thing Lisa doesn't look at Jennie the same way anymore. I am confident that she loves me. Not an assumptions, yeah because I tried to follow her wherever she goes. I saw how she interacted with Jennie one time at the supermarket. Most of the time she is spacing out like she's been in deep thoughts. She might be missing me, she just don't want to do the first move. 

"Unnie, are you sick? What on earth are we doing here in the carnival?" Yerim complained. Her voice brought me back to reality.

I invited her out of the blue to go to this carnival. She's actually late but at least I have a company to make it look coincidental. Lisa is here. She's probably got so bored that she wanted to spend her time in this place. She's wearing her casual clothes, her huge white shirt, skinny jeans and sneakers. She's always great in whatever she wears. Plus the spectacle.

"I'll promise to buy everything you want, Yerim. Just stop complaining."

"For real? As in anything? Oh my God. Okay I'll zip my mouth. I'll do as you say." She pointed the popcorn corner.

"I want pop corn,unnie, the big one and hotdog on sticks" she opened her two hands begging for money. 

Yeah, Yeri is taking advantage on me but what should I do? It is my condition. I pulled out some cash and gave it to her. "Alright just go get whatever you want and be back here at once."

"Your an angel in disguise, unnie!" 

My eyes scanned the entire area, I just saw Lisa awhile ago but now she's out of my sight again. I walked around and I found her taking photos of the kids riding in the carousel. Okay, this is my chance. I'll pretend that I am just here by coincidence. So I passed the carousel slowly so she would take notice of me. Yeah, I was like plotting a cheesy movie scene. Been practicing my speech so the moment I get a chance to talk to her. I'll say, "honey, I really miss you and I love you so much. I can't take our situation anymore. Let's go home now." I just hope I'll be able to follow my script later. I took a deep breathe. You can do this Joohyun, for the love of Lalisa Manoban, goodness, please nail this one.

When I am about to turn to face Lisa, she is now busy helping a kid who fell down. What a scene stealer. Great kid.

"Hey, watch out. Are you hurt?" She asked the little girl. The girl just cried out loud that made Lisa panic.

"Oh, baby,please don't cry, where's your mom? Come here, let's look for her, okay?" She tried to console the girl but the latter cried even harder.
"Do you want cotton candy? I'll buy you the pink one." They were heading to the cotton candy corner.

Yerim is now by my side busy the ice cream she just bought. "Are you somehow trying to shoot a CF, unnie?" She caught me in the most awkward pose.

"God, what took you so long?" I diverted the topic. I looked like a fool.

"Well the ice cream parlor is jam-packed. A lot of kids go there even this late." She then get her phone. "Since you are posing already,unnie. Let me take a picture of you."

To make it not obvious I obliged to Yerim's request. "Make sure it will be good." Then I tried to look around if Lisa is still at the cotton candy corner. Yerim also looked to where I am looking at.

"What are you looking at, unnie? Do you want me to get you a cotton candy?" She asked thoughtfully.

"Sure, let's go together." Lisa left the cotton candy corner already and continued taking photos randomly.

"Unnie, I want to try the merry go round. Let's go together."

"Oh, Yeri, I don't feel like riding. I easily gets dizzy. You go ahead I'll wait for you here." I excused.

I followed Lisa heading near the ferris wheel. She stopped to take photos. She was smiling. It really makes her happy doing her passion. She got so excited every time she aimed to take shots of her prospects. I am getting tired following her around. When is she going to stop? Now she's moving again. She went to the ferris wheel booth to buy a ticket. I thought she's going to ride alone. So I sprinted with my short legs and bought my ticket as well. I asked the ticket vendor to hurry. Since the area was really getting crowded.

"Hey, your cutting in the line." A teenage boy yelled out. I glared at him and he backed off. "Oh sorry Miss, yeah, go ahead you can go first." He apologized and bowed down.

Lisa got startled when I joined her at the same booth. Like she saw a ghost just now. We settled across each another without saying a word as the ride lifted up. Everytime I looked at her she would then avert her eyes as if the view outside was more beautiful than what's in front of her. I missed how her eyes looked at me like I was the most precious jem in the world.

"Uhm, Lisa," I started, "aren't you going to say hi to me?" I shyly asked. I forgot my prepared scripts. That's the lamest intro for a conversation, hello 2019! Act cool, Joohyun. Don't get nervous, it's just Lisa in front of you. You've been with her for three years so there is no reason to be anxious. Just chill. At the back of my mind I was pep talking myself. It's awkward. I just wanted to kiss her right now. Can I skip all the explaining and just kiss her? Lisa please say something. Do something, you can grab and kiss me. Then this will be over. We will live happily ever after together. I hope it would be that simple. 

"Hey," she managed to smile. "I didn't know you're here. I should probably go elsewhere, I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?"

She's nervous and a bit hesitant. 
"2 weeks ago, you asked me to get out of your life, get out of your sight. I am doing my best to comply with your request."

That pinched my heart big time. My poor, honey. She took everything I said seriously. Of course, that's what I asked for. How stupid of me? I wanted to reach her. " It's not-" she cut me off.

"You don't have to be guilty, Irene. even how hard it is, I manage to breathe. I don't want you to feel bad about everything. It's really my fault. I've been lying to you."

She never calls me "Irene", that's another blow to me. How can I make it right for us? "Please listen to me, hon."

"No, you listen to me."she sounded so serious. Her eyes bored on mine. It was screaming that she missed me.

"I lied to you. I am seeing someone. I already told you that the photos are real so I wont deny it. I've been cheating on you and I don't want to hurt you more." 

She said that with conviction on her voice but her eyes were telling the opposite things. I was really feeling dizzy with my heightened emotion. Must be the heights? No it's because Lisa was lying to me. I wanted to touch her face. I tried to reach her. 

"Please, don't." She said shortly. "We're over right? You made the right decision. Never doubt yourself."

"H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter