XXXVIII. The Fallen Ones

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JENNIE'S POV

Everything is ready, I bid my kids good bye earlier. Today I'll be off to the institute. I am kinda anxious but Chu and Lisa promised to send me off.

I decided to take my meds but I accidentally drop the glass of water. Such strange, I am aware that it's not on the edge of the table yet. I must be really exhausted. Chu flinched and hurried to me upon hearing the broken glass. We are just waiting for Lisa, we knew that she had to meet Seulgi to plan about the latter's upcoming wedding. But it's really rare for her to be late without prior notice. 

"Are you hurt?" Chu asked me, the servant immediately come to clean up the broken glasses.

"Did you hear from her? She never picks up. Did she tell if she's going to be late?" I bombarded her with questions.

"No, I haven't received any messages from her since yesterday." Chu answered.

"That's weird we even talked about this at the airport before we separated. She promised she would see me off."

"She never came late, right? Do you have any idea where she is right now?"

"She's probably with Seulgi awhile ago, she mentioned that Bear wanted to discuss about her wedding plans."

"Then let's call Seulgi," Chu suggested.

I dialled Seulgi's number in a speed of light and she answered right on the first ring. "Hey, do you know where Lisa is, right now?"

"Jennie, why are you calling this late?
Uhm, yes, uhm, about Lisa, she's probably looking for Irene unnie. We already went to the police to report that Irene unnie is missing." I did not follow what Seulgi was telling me. 

"Irene is missing?" I asked to clarify.

"Yah I don't know but earlier Yeri and Joy also see Lisa's car on the tv news not so sure if its a vehicular incident, but its not yet verified so we are just waiting for Officer Jeongyeon's feedback. Aish, and that Monkey has not call us yet." So they don't know as well her whereabouts.

"Thanks, Seul." My knees gotten weak. 
What could possibly happen to her? Why isn't she calling any of us?

"Mandeuk, what did Seulgi tells you?"

"The situation is kinda vague. She said Irene is missing and Lisa got into a road incident." She was obviously puzzled like me.

Chu's phone rang so she picked it up, 
"Ya, Chipmunk, what are you being busy with, now a days?"

"Unnie, it's about Lisa, we left her at the building and there was an explosion."

"Yah, yah,yah! Chipmunk you are not making any sense? We are actually waiting for Limario. Do you happen to know where's that Monkey hiding. Jennie is going to be late."

"Unnie, it's a very long story, let me start with what I recalled. Irene got abducted and Lisa followed her, we tried to save them both but we failed it was-."

"Park Chaeyoung, slow down. I don't understand."

Chu gotten serious talking with Chaeyoung. I don't know what were they talking about. I just keep calling Lisa's number but the line is unattended.

JISOO'S POV

I heard her sniffed on the other line.
"Park Chaeyoung..." I mumbled.

"Unnie, remember the video Seulgi sent you? It all started with that video. 
Lisa and Seulgi went to a club, luckily only Seulgi was drugged that time. She made a video, recording unconsciously and sent that to you without her knowing what she did until now. That video serves as a vital evidence because it captured some big syndicate personalities. Lisa is being followed and all the things happened to her are not by mere accidents because those people are intentionally wanted to eradicate all the evidences and it includes killing her..."

I just listened to her as she unfolds the story. 

"Lisa has no idea that a certain video exists but they are pressuring her. They abducted Irene as a bait. Of course Lisa went all the way to the lion's den to save the love of her life.
Irene's friend went at the Police Station to report she's missing so Jeongyeon gave me a heads up of what was happening. My colleague, Mina, who I assigned in monitoring Lisa fortunately had a tracker so we were able to follow them."

I heard her but I am getting confused at some point. All this time I have no idea what Lisa's going through. I asked her favours and she never refuses while she needed to take care of her own safety.

"Jeongyeon had been protecting Lisa as well, until tonight with her last breathe..." She bursted into tears. 
"Everything happened so fast, I tried to protect Lisa as much as possible but I failed. I was not able to save her, Jeongyeon and my friend Mina."

She continued crying, I could feel her agony from the other line and I wanted to comfort her but something inside my chest twirling. Is she telling Lisa is gone with Jeongyeon and her friend Mina, who I never heard of?
My feelings is unstable and I am so uncertain how to react to what I just heard from her.I dropped my phone. My knees are shaking when everything she said started to sink in. No! My Prince Limario is gone, she can't leave us like this. Is she really gone? How does it happen? It's too impossible, her smile is brighter than the sunshine, I can never afford losing the chance to see her smile.

I wish I was brave enough to be honest with what I really feel for her, I am contented loving her secretly. Because her own happiness is more important for me. I set aside my feelings because I know it was my sister she liked. And even I am always Jennie's shadow, I learn to embrace it. Then Irene came into picture so it became more impossible for me to win her heart. You can never win in a battle like this when the other side does not want to win. You always let go of the person you love, you know it's the kind of love that you can never have. I rather be hurt seeing her in love with someone else than nothing. Without Lisa's existence, I don't know how's life gonna be?

"Chu, what happened, why are you crying?" Jennie asked in panic.

I didn't answer and hugged her. Am I really crying? Only Lisa made me cry. It ing hurts. Why Limario? Why you have to leave me like this?

She tried to comfort me not knowing my reason of crying. I wanted to be alone and I did try to tell her but my thoughts are really everywhere.

JENNIE'S POV

She's my sister and I know what she is like. I got panic seeing her crying. I never seen her cry like this. Is she suffocated at work? I thought she was just talking with Rosè. Did something happen to Rosè? When she's hurting she keeps it herself and deal with it silently but tonight Chu couldn't control it anymore. I tried to comfort her in any possible ways I can but she keeps crying. She made no sounds but I know how badly she's hurting right now. I wanted to ask her, I wanted to muster the words but I am at loss. My mind is somewhere else thinking where my Lili could be in the world right now? 

"Chu, what is it? Is Rosie fine?"

She nodded slowly, if Rosie is fine then who or what is she crying for?

"Mandeuk, I think I am too late..."
she said, that completely made me more puzzled, "I should have told her at least, what I really feel for her."

Now I got more confused, is she confessing she loves Rosè? "Chu, it is never too late, just tell her when you meet her," I suggested.

"But I can never do that, she won't be able to hear it from me. I am too late, Mandeuk! I am stupid!"

"Hey, Chu. You are not stupid. Rosie will totally understand and I think she likes or loves you too." I pointed out.

She seemed taken aback. "It's not her,"

My brows twitched, "Then who?"

"Limario," she said in almost whisper.
My heart sank upon hearing her admission of her feelings for Lisa.
Of course I know she really loves her and she always set aside her own feelings because of me. But I didn't expect her to be this emotional. She might be worrying about me and getting rejected by Lisa.

"This is the first time, you open up this topic, Chu." I patted her shoulder as she continues to cry.

"I won't mind if you love her, I totally understand. For once think of yourself. Then tell her,"

She gripped into my dress, "I told you I am too late. She's gone Mandeuk. Both of us can never see her again.."

I froze in my position, I levelled my gaze to her eyes,like searching for some answers. "What the hell are you talking about? What do you mean by she's gone?" I shook my head trying to remove the negative thoughts sl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter