XXXVII. No Escape

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JACKSON'S POV

Being sent into too many missions made me the best version of myself. I led successful missions in the past so I am hopeful, I would be able to do it once again this time. Jeongyeon has so much faith in me. I just needed a better look on the actual bomb and once I classified it then I'll be able to figure the next steps. 

Bambam and Momo secure the area for me so I will be able to have the time I needed to study the bomb. It is more complicated than I imagined. This type of bomb is not commonly use in any military missions. Terrorists use this type of explosive devices. It is set up delicately inside the room. I followed the endless wire connecting to other rooms. 

"Bam I need to check the other floors, I am afraid those wires are all interconnected."

His eyes grew in shock," the entire building is surrounded by bombs,"
he mumbled that made Momo turned to our direction.

"Why are you guys just talking there? Hurry up I can no longer keep up, they are just  too many."

I smiled, I like this woman already, she's so straight forward, just my type.
If we are not in this kind of situation, I might already ask her number. Another thing she is working in NIS, that's so ing cool. 

"You alright, Jack?" Bam asked me.

"Ya, I got this okay. I'll diffuse the bomb, let me just figured where is the main wire."

Bam rolled at the floor, he threw his gun since it's already out of bullet, he's doing one on one combat right now. I was about to stop what I am doing to help him since the opponent is trying to choke him.

"I am on it, just do what you must do." 
Momo said and ran to Bambam, she strangled the enemy and made the enemy release  Bam. They are now fighting the enemies with their physical strength. It must be really exhausting.

On the other hand I located the wires, mostly twisted and I am having crisis which is which, my hands got so shaky, I pulled out my tools, I got the cutter. Is it the red, black,pink or purple one? Beads of sweat started to form on my forehead. I saw that Bambam and Momo are already struggling, one of their opponents had a knife. I could not focus, I heard Bambam voice, when he was stabbed on his side. He punched the guy real hard and tried to removed the knife from his body. He looked at me,

"I'm fine Jack, mind your own business, we can still fight them." He then focus to the other enemies.

Momo was dragged by one of the men and smashed her face at the wall. I heard her screaming. I wanted to help them but I need to keep my focus.

"Which wire?Damn it, which one?" I shouted, even if I diffuse the bomb I am not sure if we are going to leave this place alive. My colleagues are badly beaten. I closed my eyes as I cut the purple wire. I smiled, I got the right one, the timer stopped. Then I heard a gun shot, Bam fell down on his knees.

He looked at me, grinning as if he didn't feel anything. "Not in a beat I doubted your skill. I know you're the best bomb expert," his eyes slowly closing.

"Bam!" I ran towards him but I was greeted by bullets, my body received them all like every damn bullet is welcome. I could not bear the pain, I crawled next to Bam, 
"You stupid, we can't be killed easily like this. We can't leave Jeongyeon alone, she would kill the two of us and that will be more terrifying."

I was not sure if I just imagined things but I saw him smile and heard Momo giggled.

JEONGYEON'S POV

When Irene's friends reported she was missing and they cannot contact either her or Lisa, I came right away to a conclusion that the stupid Monkey took the matter into her own. I wanted to scold her badly for doing rush decision without taking discussing it first with me. How can I ensure that she will be safe at all times? I've been trying my best to keep her safe and the rest of the people being involved mostly because of her as well. She has no idea how powerful the people behind all of these mess. They are willing to take many lives just for their business sake. I arranged with Bambam and Jackson but we were lacking of information so I decided to contact Agent Rosè due to she has more connections than me. Thankfully we had our support from our department and they are also heading to the said location. Thanks to the NIS member who followed Lisa we were able to track the location immediately. The agent named Mina got tracker so we headed together with Agent Rosè's team. When we arrived at the abandoned building I could sensed that something is really odd in this place. No one is attacking us yet as if they are inviting us to get inside the building first. Agent Mina got startled when Agent Rosè tapped her back, she probably thought she was discovered.

We decided to split into two group. I headed to the other direction as agreed with Agent Rosè. Bam operated the drones to check what's ahead and to locate for Lisa hoping Irene is with her too. We stopped to review what the drones have taken so far. It was Jackson who noticed that there were bombs in every room but he was not so sure what type of explosive devices  were those. Enemies started attacking our direction, as we moved deeper inside the building we eliminated countless of enemies but they were too many. 

Knowing that there were installed bombs inside this building, I knew already it's going to be the end of us but I am still relying with Jackson's  special skill. I believe that he can diffuse whatever type of explosive devices they had set up in the area. I discussed it with Rosè who was really clueless at the time.

Bambam together with Jack and Agent Momo moved to locate the bomb's location, while I am with Rosè and Agent Mina. 

Rosè is holding her shoulder to stop the bleeding she got from  a shot. "You okay? Let me check it." She allowed me. I tore her sleeve and get the first aid, I always have one. I put the gauze and made sure the bleeding will be stopped. And wrapped it with bandage.

"Thanks," she said.

"Not a problem."

I followed her lead,we are heading to the next floor, "officer, go ahead to the upper floor we will clear this area. We need to find Lisa and Irene."

"Ne, watch your back, Agent" 

"Thanks, officer. You as well." I left Rosè and went straight to the upper floor.

LISA'S POV

Upon entering the building two men drag me to the endless stairway. I kept moving they're really walking so fast.
I am not sure which floor exactly I am at. I just wanted to see Joohyun to know she's safe. For sure she is terrified with the situation. I will never forgive myself. It's my fault that these men are after her. They only want certain video. A stupid video which I don't have the slightest idea of its content. 

"Look what we have here." A lady with an accent started to walk around me and held my face. "Such a clever girl to deal with Chinese Mafia. Hand me over the video. I am so done sticking around Korea."

I took the USB drive from my pocket. "Where's my girlfriend?" I nervously asked.

"Don't worry, soon enough you will be reunited with her. Both of you are going to hell." She laughed as if it was the most fascinating  thing that's about to happen to me and Joohyun.

"We had a deal! You need to honor it." I gritted my teeth.

"Boys can someone teach this little girl a lesson." She scowled at me as if she wanted to scratch my face. The first guy launched his attack but I was able to dodge it and elbowed him. I kicked his stomach and pushed the 2nd guy. With that the gun dropped on the floor I quicky took it. I shoot both of their legs so they couldn't come any closer. It was a dreadful sight but I left without a choice. I knew they could kill me anytime so I needed to do everything to survive. I needed to find Joohyun. I s my arm around their boss's neck. 

"I won't hesitate blowing your boss's head. Drop your weapons." Additional men gathered around us.

"Easy girl, that's not a toy and you know you can never escape from us." The guy said.

"You've got it all wrong little girl. I am not that easy." She said as she tried to twist my arm. The gun fell and I tried to regain my footing but she's too strong that I knelt down. The next thing I saw was her knee coming straight to my face. Due to the impact my right brow got cut and blood started to drip that I was not able to see on my right eye. She grabbed my hair, and forced me to face her. I received multiple slaps. "How stupid for you to challenge me. I am not Lady Orchid's right hand for nothing. You've got to be kidding me."

I spitted on her face. "I don't care who  you are and I am not interested. Just tell where Joohyun is"

"What a brat!" She threw me to her men. "Torture her and when she's unable to walk contain her in the upper room." 

I didn't know how many of them who threw punches and kicked me. I felt so numb that I could just take everything in. I could barely felt my entire body. When they thought I had enough of beating they decided to stop hitting me.They pushed me inside a dark room and locked it.

"Where's Joohyun?" I yelled as I tried to push the door. "Tell me where she is." 

"Lisa? Lisa, honey, is that you?" I heard her voice and I looked around trying to adjust my vision since I really can't see anything through the darkness that enveloped in this room plus my right eye was covered by blood. I followed her voice.

"Honey, where are you?" I asked worriedly.

"I'm here, honey." Her voice was too small and obviously scared.

When my eyes gotten used with the darkness, I then saw a figure. It's Joohyun sitting on a chair in the middle of the room. She is also tied on it.

"Why are you here? You're not supposed to be here!" She shouted on me. "You're hurt. What did they do to you?" She desperately asked me.

"I am okay, I am not hurt in anywhere. I am here because I want to save you."

"Oh my God, Lisa, honey, you're bleeding. Please stop lying, you are hurt."

"I am okay, now that I found you. I felt relieved to see you. What about you did they hurt you?"

"I am okay, stop worrying me. It's you that concerns me a lot. Please leave now." She said.

"We will, honey." I assured her.

"You need to escape, Honey. You can't die with me. Please find a way to get away from here."

"What are you saying? We are both going to escape. I didn't go all the way here for nothing."

She sobbed, "I'm begging you Lisa, just leave and save yourself." 

"No! We are going out of here alive."
I was about to approached her.

"Please don't come any nearer."

"Hon, I came all the way here to save you, what are you saying? I am here don't be afraid." She started to cry and I don't understand, she is so terrified. It made me mad, I swear I am going to kill whoever hurt my Joohyun.

"Run away from here, Lisa. I am begging you."

Finally when I got closer to where she is. I am able to see the face I've been longing to see. I cupped her face, I tried to calm her down, that's when I came into realization why she's acting weird. Something is attached on the chair, I blinked my eyes and looked closer. 

"Lisa, please go away. I don't want you to die."

"No!" I firmly said, my voice was shaking but I manage to be firmed to say no. "If you're going to die here then let's go die together,Joohyun."

I hugged her tightly but cautiously not wanting to touch the blinking device. They are monsters, they installed the bomb under Joohyun's chair and she was tied on it. I caressed her wrist. The rope is hurting her. I tried to untie her.

"Just don't, honey. Let it be. I accepted my faith but I won't bring you with me. Please stay alive for me." That's the most painful words I ever heard from her. She wanted me to live and let her die here alone.

I shrugged, "We will be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter