LII. A Thousand Shards

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kissing Sharon sends me into a deep void, like something is still missing. A thousand shards strike me as random memories hit me in a very instant. My chest contracts I never felt this kind of pain before. My head spins. I try to compose myself but it is just too much  for me  to bear. I am having hard time even just to sit up straight. I gasp for some air. I grip on the bed sheet.I almost forgot Sharon is with me I am hearing that voice again. 

.....

"Really you waited for my call? I asked

"And now, I really need to go to bed. Good night, my Lalisa. You take care of yourself and eat healthily."

"What did you just call me? Did you just say I'm your Lalisa?"

"Is there a problem? You call me ---
So I'll call you that way."

"No, honey, you can call me anything you want."

"And now my name is Honey? Who's Honey, Lalisa?"

"You are, you're my honey . I can't get enough of your sweetness"

Then I am hearing Sharon's calling my name getting all worried. "Chance? What is happening to you? Oh my God are you hurting?" 

I just ignored her.I move away from her. I need some space. I don't want her to get any nearer to me. My head is clouded with so many things. It's like I am seeing flood of flashbacks but the woman's face isn't clear. I scream because I wanted to escape from this hellish feeling. I braced myself I felt like my whole body is burning. 

"Hey,"

"Hey, you beautiful. I missed you."

"I don't believe you really miss me."

"I super missed you as in a lot."

"Then kiss me."

"In here?"

"You can't even prove that you really miss me."

"I told you, I missed you and there are lots of people here."

"A normal girlfriend would then sweep me to my feet and kiss me the moment she comes closer. That's what I expected coming in Busan."

"Honey."

"Don't call me honey,"

She's giving me an attitude. I softly place a kiss on her plump lips. "I love you honey, there at least now I know how those lips tasted." It was our first kiss. Her very first kiss.

"Yah! You're a kiss stealer. I was startled I wasn't even prepared. I love you too my Lalisa.'

"Honey, can I keep you?" I asked.

"I am all yours, you don't have to worry. So you better keep your eyes on me. You can't look to any girls."

I felt disoriented and turn to different directions. It is no longer dark but the entire place is on fire. I hear loud explosions. I scream to the tough of my lungs. There are inaudible voices on the background. I am trying to keep my focus. 

"Kiss me" she commanded me and I gladly obliged.......

What's going on with me? I hear that voice again. I know this person's voice. Hearing her voice somehow calms me down. And the kiss. It damns feel so perfectly addicting and I want to taste her lips once again. I am also surprised that I have this hidden desires like this. I am being ert.

...…..

"Can I kiss you?" 

"Why are you asking me that? I am your girlfriend you are free to kiss me anytime you want."

"But I highly respect you that's why I asked for your permission. Should I fix that? I will be always like that though."

"Nope, I like the way you are. It's one of those qualities I love about you.

I placed a kiss on her forehead, nose and lastly to her inviting lips. Just a soft one."There, I sealed everything. You don't have to worry about other girls. I am exclusively just for you. So let's not ruin our date."

.....

I try to keep my focus to the voice I am longing to hear. It's on the top of my head. Who is this person? Clearly she has a deep connection with me. I am always recalling her voice but not her face. I cover my ears and shut my eyes. I shake my head trying to shrug it off. Sharon calls me repeatedly. She's crying already her dad is now present in my room.

The last thing I felt was Dr.John held me. Then I drifted somewhere unknown.

Third Person's POV

"She'll calm down in few minutes, darling. What happened earlier? Why did she react that way?"

"I asked her to be my girlfriend,dad. And I just kissed her. I didn't do anything wrong, dad."

"Oh, Sharon," her Dad comforted her.
"You might trigger something in her past. She must be having hard time as her memories started to return. Sooner or later Chance will know if you are concealing the truth from her. She might get mad to us but we can't let her alone in this battle. Your grandpa just called me that they caught the Mafia Boss's right hand. You friend Rosè succeeded the mission." 

"Tell grandpa, I'll gonna kill her myself. I want her suffer the way Chance and I suffered."

"I don't approve that, darling. I didn't raise you to be a criminal."

"I am just seeking for justice, dad."

"Sharon, don't get me mad. You are no longer an agent and you don't have any authority to do such things. You'll do as I say." The good doctor firmly said to her daughter.

"Fine."

"Let's leave Chance. She needs some rest." He coaxed her to leave the room with him.

"I'll just stay here. She will be looking for me for sure once she woke up."

"Please, Sharon don't stressed her up. Let her memories return naturally. And kindly tell her to drink her meds on time. I can't be here to check you guys from time to time, the hospital needs me too. I'll find someone to look after Chance."

"What about Wesley?"

"He already declined even I offered him a big amount. That kid really has his own world."

"Make sure Dad, that it will be someone we can trust." She suggested.

"I got this, darling."

Sharon sat on Chance bedside.

"I am really sorry, Chance. I just want to keep you for myself. I really do love you. Please understand that everything I do is for your own good. I will protect you no matter what. Even if my Dad won't approve to my plans surely grandpa will listen to me." 

***

A week later...

Sharon dropped Chance with Stanlin at the hospital for her regular check ups. 

"You sure you'll be okay?"

"I am fine,Sharon. I got Stanlin here and Westley will accompany me too so you don't have to worry about me. It is just my regular check up. Your grandpa has urgent matter to talk with you so go now and don't be late"

She kissed her cheek afraid that Chance might breakdown once again.
"Okay I'll see you at the mansion. Tell Wesley to send me updates from time to time." Chance just smiled. Sharon rubbed Stanlin's head. "Bye, buddy. You watch over Chance for me, okay? You two behave."

"Yah, stop treating me like a kid. I am just blind, Sharon, but I am still able to do things on my own."

"I know, but as your girlfriend and future wife I need to make sure that you are safe."

"I didn't remember agreeing to that."

"Who told you I need you to agree on me? You need to take responsibility of the kiss you just stole from me."

"But that was a mere accident."

"Shusssssh, stop, whining Chance. I'll be really late. I'll go now."

"Hey, Sharon! I am not done yet!" She yelled and the other girl happily walked away from her.

"I love you too, Chance, bye!"

"Aish, that kid. Did you see that Stanlin? That brat really thinks I am her possession. I am not some kind of toy that she could play around."

"Arf, arf, arf."

"Good thing you do understand me."

A guy tapped Chance back. "Are you and Miss Sharon an item now? When and how?" 

"Don't start with me, Wesley." The American nurse just laughed. He's actually rooting for Sharon and Chance to be a real couple. He knew that Sharon is secretly in love with this blind woman.

"Dude,chill okay? By the way Dr. Myoui is still in a meeting. Let's just stay at the playground." Wesley guided the patient to the playground.

They heard a bell from the ice cream parlor.

"What is that Wes?"

"Oh, that sound? It is coming from the ice cream parlor across the street. They use the bell to attract customers. Do you want me to get one for you?"

"What is an ice cream?"

"Dude, I terribly feel sorry for you. Okay I'll get you all the flavours they have so you'll find it for yourself. Just stay here. Hold Stanlin tight, he might run after me."

"Okay, don't take too long, Wes."

Chance was left alone at the bench when she got startled because someone who smells like vanilla hugged her. It's not Sharon, her perfume is somewhat fruity. She actually loves the smell. 

"Hey! Dumb girl!!! I miss you!" The woman said excitedly. And hugged her even tightly.

"Crazy girl? Is that you? Why is something wrong? Why are you so excited?"

"Sorry, Dumb girl. I just really felt like I need some hug."

"Oh,"

"Can we stay like this for a moment?"

Chance just nodded. She sensed that this crazy girl really needs some hug. She hugged back because she finds it comfortable.

"I am glad you didn't wear you bucket hat. Don't you know I visit this place twice a day hoping to see you around?"

"You sounded real crazy. I was not coming here. I fell very ill last week. I missed my check ups."

"Why what happened to you." Crazy girl became worried and try to scan every inch of Chance." Are you feeling bet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter