XVII. Freedom

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie was already at the coffee shop. She sipped meticulously on her matcha tea. She's bit early but it's okay.And a handsome, tall guy approached her.

"Hi," he checked his watch. "Uhm I am not late, alright?" He was bothered that Jennie arrived earlier than him.

"No, you're not. I am just way too early. I drop the kids at school today that's why I got here earlier."

He smiled warmly as she mentioned the kids." How's little Jongin? Does he still wanted to become a lawyer or a businessman like his dad?"

Her face glowed, she enjoyed talking about her kids. For her it's one of those interesting topics that couldn't be left undiscussed. "Jongin, that kid is so marvelous he wanted to become anyone but successful. And yes he still wanted to be like you."

"That's a good thing. He will become more successful than me, for sure. What about Jina what she likes to become?"

"Jina wants to marry Lisa." She laughed thinking about it. Yes, her daughter grew fond of Lisa that she always blurts out that when she get older she would marry her mom's bestie.

"Excuse me?" he asked. "Your kid must be really bold to say that." They both laughed together.

"It's crazy, right? Then there's Juno, that little boy is becoming a tyrant."

"He must got his mother's genes."

"I know right and they are all adorable."

"Indeed kids are adorable and I can't wait to have one myself." He said. 
"Jen, this is the 2nd time you mentioned Lisa's name. Why am I not aware of her existence?"

She rather not to talk much about Lisa, so she wanted to keep the conversation plain.

"Oh, about that Atty. Lee, I wanted to personally thank you as well for helping her."

"Don't mention it and I told you anything for you but then why did you send money to my account? I didn't ask for payment." 

"Because I just want to. Well, fine, Atty. Lee. I don't want to be indebted to you. I don't ask favours you know me."

"I told you it's okay. We are like family. And how is Kai doing?"

Jennie's face turned sour as the mentioned her husband's name. She did not want to talk about her husband who threw his tantrums like a 5 year old kid. "He is being too difficult to handle, to be honest." She sighed deeply.

He held both of her hands, to comfort her. His Kai's best friend and he knew all his s. He's feeling so sorry that he needed to do his job. He knew their love story. Firstly the foundation wasn't strong. But he saw how Jennie tried her best to work their relationship before they got married and how his best friend tried to escape the engagement several times. He saw it coming. They both deserved to be happy. "Jen, I am really sorry. I will be saying this for several times. But it will be over soon. You don't have to deal with Kai anymore or put up a show that everything is good between you and him."

"Atty. Lee what are you saying?" She was not able to process what the lawyer was telling her.

He took out some papers from a folder. "It's long over due but I decided to just delay it for some more days." She took the papers and read it.
She was shocked reading all the terms being stated. And yes the date was overdue. She never expected that Kai will be doing this behind her back. She felt betrayed and played on. What did she ever do to deserve this? She did try to love him or yes she maybe love him but it's not enough. Kai stopped trying on his part.

"Why just now, Atty. Lee?" Her voice was cold.

"Kai wants a divorce, he badly wants it, Jen. It's best for both of you. You don't have to worry about him anymore. He is giving your freedom now, Jen."

"I thought you are also my friend?"

"I am and I made sure that the terms will favour you the most and the kids."

"This is not it. It's not about the benefits or favours I can get from this divorce. Have you also take consideration of my kids' feelings? How emotionally stressful this could be for them?"

He was silent and unable to reason out. She was very right.
"I am sorry, Jen."

"You tolerated your best friend Atty. Lee. He acted like a kid in all his actions and the way he sees things. He's selfish thinking money can really run the world. Does he really even cares for his own kids?"

"Of course, he does, Jen."

"No, the kids barely see him even before the accident. You know him from head to toe. I can't believe this. 
I may sound pathetic but I won't give him what he wants. It's not that I can't let go of him or I still have a little love for him. I actually don't love him as well. Over the years I learned for myself that it is too hard to force love to bloom. But I respect our marriage. I remain being married to him for the sake of our kids." 

"I know, Jen. But it is like torturing yourself. Don't make this any harder for the two of you." He reasoned.

"He can't do this to the kids."

"You're young, Jen. Don't stay inside the cage. You are being set free it's just you need to step out from that cage. It's open, why are you still hesitating?"

She glared at him. He knew, Jennie won't take the bait. But he couldn't do anything about it. It's all being finalized just her signature to wrap it up.

"I am sorry, Atty. Lee. But I think you should go."

"I understand, Jen. Just think about it. You take care." 

JENNIE'S POV

I should be celebrating upon knowing from Atty. Lee that Kai wanted a divorce but I couldn't. What about our kids? Is he really that frustrated to be with his mistress? 
Is this why he's taking out all his frustrations on me? Is he intentionally doing it so I could get tired of him?
Of course I really wanted to get away from this marriage but I couldn't since I don't know how my kids would react. I don't want to hurt their innocent hearts. They deserve a complete family. We may not a perfect family but at least they can tell that their family is intact. Only if Kai did his best to work out this marriage.

Now I don't know what else to think and feel. Especially that Lisa is back and my love for her rekindled. Gosh, who does not want to be happy and to belong to someone they truly love? I couldn't lie about it. I wanted to be with Lisa but now that I have that option I just couldn't. There are a lot of complications.

It's about time to go to the hospital. I almost forgot, Irene texted me last night that Seulgi's fine and she's looking for Lisa. I did not tell her what was going on. It does not concern her anymore anything about Lisa. She already broke up with her.

I don't know if I can act civilly with Irene. First she hurt Lisa, I was aware that she slapped her and didn't let her explain then her best friend also attacked Lisa at the hospital. How dare they do such things with my Lili, it's really beyond unforgivable. I am really piss off. My feelings are all bottled up inside and I also need to deal with my husband and the divorce papers.

I ent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter