XLVIX. Myoui

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WENDY'S POV

"Unnie, see you later. Please inform Jennie that I might be late, okay? I just needed to talk with my former mentor, just medical stuffs and all. You enjoy the rest of your day." We exchanged our hugs.

"Try not to be too late. It's your first bonding with Jennie."

"Why do I feel like you found your new BFF,unnie?"

"Of course not. You're always be my number one Wannie!" She rubbed my nose and cheeks.

"Okay bye, unnie." I avoided her because for sure she'll then spank my .

"Bye, please do take care okay? Txt me whenever you can so I won't be worrying here alone."

"Aish, yes, Eomma!" She threw the remote control straight on my direction, good thing I was able to run outside the room. That was really close. Unnie is getting too violent recently. Well that's how she really was before. It was only Lisa who contained her not to do those stuffs to us. At least I could be at ease that she's really doing well accepting that Lisa will never comeback to us. Few months back she really lose some weight and she didn't get enough of sleep. Just so you wait,Unnie. I promise you won't be this lonely anymore.

As I got out from the hotel building. I hired a cab and gave the driver the address that Dr. Myoui sent me. It took us 45 minutes drive.

"Ma'am we're here." I paid the fare and went out the cab. I didn't know that Dr.Myoui is living in a huge mansion. I thought I'll be only seeing something like this in movies. I felt like I'm a peasant. For sure they have guards here and they're gonna shoo me away because I looked like not fitting for a place like this.

Someone must have opened the gate for me but I don't see anyone. Probably it's automatic. Then a car service stopped in front of me. The driver got out to open the door for me.

"Dr. Son, please hop in. Master John is playing golf and he wanted to meet you at the garden."

"Is it too far from here? I can just walk. You can just give me some direction."

"It's very far, Dr. Son, and you are our very important guest. It will be rude to let you out here alone walking." I tried to stop covering my mouth because hell of course I was bit shocked with what he just told me.

So this whole place is really big, they have golf course and garden. Dr. Myoui remained humble despite his richness. I am not aware that he's filthy rich.

"By the way how long have you been working for the Myouis?" I started to have a conversation with the driver to kill the boredom.

"When my dad retired they took me in as his replacement. They don't just hire any outsiders. I was 18 that time."

"Wow, that's interesting." I guess it's not bad to ask questions since the drive will be long. "How long have you known, Chance?"

I saw how the driver shifted his eyes from the rearview mirror as if calculating if he could talk to me freely or not. "I know Young Miss for too long. She had been here ever since she's little. She is the only reason why our Lady Sharon stayed for good."

"Oh so, Sharon isn't always around?"

"Lady Sharon is a busy person and she seldom goes home in Japan or in here. She does not like to stay around."

"Yeah, even Dr. Myoui have mentioned her being away for too long." I paused to analyze if I should ask something more personal. "By the way do you know where did Chance attend school? I really thought she's one of my schoolmate." The driver sensed that I was up with something else and did not bother to response.

I just waited for him to speak. Why do I also sensed that he was just making up stories? Chance my . She's Lalisa Manoban, Irene unnie can surely tell in just a single look. 

"Don't get me wrong but it is impossible that you will see Young Miss outside. She never goes out. She's home schooled. She's very not people person. She only talks to few people"

I didn't notice that the car already stop. The driver went to my side to open the door. "Thanks" I said and bowed.

"You're welcome Dr.Son. just follow the path to the patio they are already waiting for you." He then closed the door. "I'll pick you up later. Please enjoy your lunch." He bowed to me and left.

I did as he instruct me. I followed the path to the patio. It's beautiful in here. There were various of flowers neatly arranged.

"Dr. Son, welcome. Come take a seat. Lunch is ready." It was Dr. Myoui who welcome me as I approached. I froze seeing Lisa. I blinked few times before recovering in shock. I tried to hide how shocked I was. She was looking distantly and smiling. Her hand was on the table while Sharon's hand  was on top of hers and caressing it as if reassuring that everything's fine. Are they together? This is really her. 100% guaranteed it is Lisa and I won't give a about any explanations or if they are going to cover something. My blood boils but I need to remain calm. If I can only checked her scar then that would solve the mystery. It would answer all of my questions. For sure the operation recently left a scar in there. But the nerve she's rude and just ignored me. I am now in front of her when Dr. Myoui settled on his chair next to me.

"Chance, we have a guest.  Her name is Wendy. She's a good doctor. I personally mentored her." Dr. Myoui spoke in pure English probably because Chance and Sharon talks in English. I haven't heard them talk in any kind of languages other than English.

She smiled and of course that's her trademark smile. I knew it, I am right about everything. "Really, she must be really smart to have your attention Dr. John." 

I wondered what's with Lisa she didn't look into my direction. And saw how Sharon whispered to her then she instantly looked at me but it seemed I was see through.

"Wendy, right? I am sorry but I just need to hear your voice, I can only follow people's voices. Sharon right here just told me that your in front of me. I am really sorry."

My jaw dropped, what a fool I was. Of course that must be the reason, she could not see me. My heart also dropped. Our poor Lisa in front of me being sorry because she was not able to see me. How did she lost her eye sight? But did she not remember my voice too? Even she's blind she should recognized my voice and my name. That got me quite confused.

"No, don't be sorry Chance. I understand." I looked to Dr. Myoui asking for some help because I was not so sure now how to react to her poor situation. The senior doctor just nodded his head in agreement.

"Chance, Wendy is like a daughter to me too just like you. You can be comfortable with her."

"That's a relief then. I can't just rely with Sharon alone." She jested which made Sharon furrowed her brows.

"What did you say, Chance?" Sharon asked irritably.

"Can you see how she reacts to simple things?  Sharon is easily aggravated. Please tell me, Wendy is she looking so pissed off right now?"
She continued to tease the other girl.
I just hide my smile with her antics. The usual annoying Lisa which made Irene unnie fell hard for her.

"Sharon is pretty piss, Chance." I just told her the truth.

"Oh geez, I really hate you, Chance." She mumbled.

"Well, that's what I wanted to hear." She's kinda bully for a blind woman. You don't know if you should really feel bad for her or not. She seemed to be okay with everything.

Dr.Myoui laughed on the sight of these two. "Oh my God, when are you  going to stop bickering with one another? You two are acting like kids. Don't embarrassed me in front of my guest." He took a bite of the t-bone steak he had been carefully slicing.

"It is Chance, fault Dad." Sharon inserted.

"Wendy, do you know this mansion has never been this homie without these two kids in front of us?"

"Really? They must be really close."

"No, we are not, Wendy. Chance is just too annoying around new people. Believe me any time soon she'll gonna throw her tantrums."

"No I am not. It just that I love to tease you. You easily get mad. Don't believe in everything she said, Wendyah." 

I thought I heard her called me, Wanda. She named me that nick name. What's going on Lisa? Don't you really remember me? Please, I need to know the truth but how can I ask you when the Myouis are being overly protective? What's their deal here? I didn't know how to explain to Irene unnie. One thing  I was so sure of that I found you and you are alive. But not totally the same Lalisa we knew.

Dr.Myoui excused himself after the meal. He told me to stay awhile and hang out with his kids. 

"Ouch.." the sound of Lisa being hurt pulled me back  from my deep thought. Sharon just pinched her because she never stop annoying the the latter. "Help me, Wendy" she called for my help. She's being extra playful.

"Oh so you found a tandem with Wendy ha?" Sharon was obviously in high spirit too, She liked to see this side of Lisa. She looked at me as if giving me an encouragement to join them. I took Lisa's hand.

"Come on, Chance, let's run away from Sharon." I tried to make it sound just a joke but I really wished we could run away from this place. She held tight on my hand and stood up.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter