XLVIII. Cornered

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wellington Hotel

Wendy's neck craned and wished the seminar would be finished earlier. She tried to focus about the discussion but her mind was not into it. She thought she saw a ghost. But she was quite unsure about it. She wanted to call Irene right away but she couldn't. It might only gave Irene a false hope. She knew too well that Lisa doesn't look Korean at all and there is a big chance that she may have doppler gangers or look alikes around the globe especially in Western country. She sighed like for the nth time already. She saw her inside the limousine together with her previous mentor but Lisa didn't go with him in the seminar. She just remained inside the car and it drove away.

"Thank you for all your time attending this seminar. I hope everyone learned something from us and we continue our good practices in our designated fields." The speaker was already saying his closing remarks. The rest of the doctors applauded him. 

"Dear doctors enjoy the rest of the night." The speaker finally said.

It was her cue to dart to corner Dr. Myoui. She had questions to ask for him. They met few times already and they have a  good relationship. The known doctor was the very reason why she got into Gangnam Hospital. Without his recommendation she probably end up doing her residency in a rural district hospital. He was also her mentor back then and she was treated like a daughter by this good doctor. During the days when she was under Dr. Myoui's supervision the good doctor talked a lot about her daughter who happened to be a black sheep in the family. He wanted her daughter to follow her foot steps but the latter didn't like to be a doctor or any like her father. He was very stressed out whenever he talked about her daughter.

"Excuse me, Dr. Myoui." She excused and the senior doctor and her daughter turned to her direction. The senior doctor smiled widely after recognizing who called him out.

"Oh, hi, Dr.Son I'm glad you're here. How's your residency?"

"It's all good, thanks for asking Dr. Myoui. How about you? How have you been?"  She was interrupted by the doctor's daughter.

"Dad, I can't stay any longer. I need to get home. I promise Chance I'll eat dinner with her." The doctor's daughter asked permission.

"Sharon, why don't you stay just a bit longer?" He persuaded his daughter and looked to the young doctor in front of her. "I am so sorry Dr.Son, by the way this is my daughter, Sharon. Sharon this is Dr.Son Wendy. She's from Gangnam Hospital and really well known for her excellence in the field."

She extended her hand to the doctor's daughter,  "Nice, meeting you. Just call me Wendy."

"Same here, but I can't stay any longer. I am sorry Dr.Son, I mean Wendy, please enjoy the night." She then kissed her father and walked out from the place. Both Wendy and Dr. Myoui eyes just followed Sharon until she finally went out the room. 

"I'm sorry, she's just worried about her girlfriend."

"Oh, girlfriend?" 

"Not really but I know my daughter well and I think she's been liking her friend since day one." He said very amused.

"I see, by the way Dr. Myoui I saw you earlier when you arrived. I saw a woman aside from your daughter Sharon and she really looked someone I know in Korea."

"Are you referring the other lady inside the limo, is it Chance?"

"Chance?"

"Yeah, she's my adopted daughter. But she never went to Korea, after moving out from Japan she stayed here in America for long."

"I haven't heard about her."

"Because compared to Sharon, Chance is really a good daughter and she obeys me. That's why I never talked about her." He smiled warmly. "Do you want to know her? She's kinda aloof she has a rare condition of blindness but she's a nice girl. I would love the two of you to become friends. She doesn't have friends around other than Sharon and her nurse."

She just nodded with what her senior doctor just said to her. "Sure, some other time. I'm really sorry to bother you. Probably she just look like my friend in Korea."

"No worries. I'll arrange  a meal for us including Sharon. She's kinda possessive with Chance." 

"Thanks Dr. Myoui."

"Go now Dr. Son you must enjoy yourself tonight." The senior doctor encouraged the young doctor.

WENDY'S POV

My instinct is telling me not to believe in whatever Dr. Myoui just told me. I can always rely on him and I fully trust him but why do I feel that he is hiding something. Her daughter, I think I met her already somewhere but I can't remember when and where was that exactly. I am still not sure if I should tell this to Irene unnie or not. If this bothers me a lot then what could be more if she knew it. Of course Lisa is dead and she won't be coming back but why is the resemblance with Dr. Myoui's adopted daughter is so uncanny?

I enter the hotel room tip toeing to avoid waking unnie up. But Irene unnie just startled me when she spoke up.

"Wannie,"

"My goodness, Irene unnie you almost got me a mini heart attack." I held my chest.

"You look like you just saw a ghost."

"Yeah, I think I just saw your girlfriend." It accidentally slipped from my tongue.

"You saw Lisa?" She came closer and held my arms waiting for me to confirm what I just said earlier. I am bit stupid for a doctor, ain't I?

"No, I'm just too drunk that I saw things that didn't exist." She went closer and sniffed me.

"You don't smell like you're drunk as you are trying to claim, Wannie. Please spill it." Her eyes were so sad and begging.

"Fine, I saw someone who look exactly like our Lisa Manoban. She just stared at me blankly as if she didn't see me or recognized me. But everything screams that it was her and I can't be mistaken but it is just too impossible. She's dead and all, the dna result led us that it was really her body that was found." I said in frustration of course I myself was confused as hell too. Science can never lie. Results are accurate. Unless...then it hit me. Of course result can be alter too if someone wanted to manipulate it. That must be it. But why would they faked Lisa's death? Who is responsible for this? Everyone suffered especially Irene unnie. And did Lisa agree into this? A lot of questions started to occupy my head. I did not notice Irene unnie fell on her knees and bracing herself. She's crying. "Unnie?" I asked worriedly as I tried to reach her and comfort her.

"Wendy, you can't play that joke on me. I'm still not over her. Please don't do it again. Stop joking like that."

I hugged her tight. If all my presumptions are correct then it will help Irene unnie to feel better. She's been grieving for too long. I can't allow those people to ruin Lisa and Unnie. My big question now are; what really happened in the explosion? What was Lisa been doing all these months? Why she didn't come home?

"I am sorry, unnie. I was thoughtless. That won't ever happened again. Maybe it's because Lisa's beauty isn't really the typical Korean and she had more Caucas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter