XLIV. Playing With Fire

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


THIRD PERSON'S POV

She woke up and been thankful once again for a new beginning. She never thought she would survive, probably she won't be if not for someone's help. She owed her life to her saviour. She took her crutches, today is her schedule therapy but even without her schedule she usually drop by to visit the person who saved her life. Her dad told her not to push her limit. She supposed to be on a wheelchair but she's just too hard headed to follow the instructions given by her own doctor who happened to be her dad as well. She believes she will be able to get recover quickly if she won't be relying on the wheelchair.
It was really a miracle that they both survived the fire and the explosion. 
She also thought she won't be able to walk after breaking her right leg. She got that from the high fall. She did everything she could that terrible day.

FLASHBACK...

"I'm afraid to die, Lisa" she uttered

"I don't know how to comfort you with words. We both know what's about to happen. Don't worry you won't die alone. I am with you 'til the end." She smiled to the scared agent. Everything around them were burning and some objects started to fall down. Lisa covered her securely so she won't be exposed directly to the fire. She knew they both won't last that long. They are going to die eventually.

She saw an opening, there was an open window. They could escape from there but it would be risky to jump from the building itself. She heard Lisa shouting in pain. She could no longer take the heat from the entire place. 

"Lisa, we need to do something." She grabbed her hand and pulled Lisa away. Then there was a falling object about to hit her but Lisa used her own self as a shield. Lisa left unconscious afterwards, the block of burning wood knocked her off.

Mina saw a rope and had an idea. It would be now or never. She tied it securely in the staircase. She was really having hard time to move in the place since everything was already on fire. "Come on Lisa, get up. I can't carry you." She was tapping her face. She got so shocked when she felt the wetness on Lisa's side cheek. Her head is injured and she's bleeding.  They are losing their time so she tried to drag her. She was positioning herself and  the unconscious Lisa so she could estimate the jump she's about to make but suddenly the building rumbled that made her lose her balance.
The last thing she remembered was she's hugging Lisa as they fell from the building and they had been hit by multiple branches of the trees and she felt she broke her leg during their landing. They were rolling down to the river bank. She never felt this kind of pain that she wishes she just died instantly than to experience all of those hardships. She remembered her phone, the screen was broken but she had a  signal. She dialled a number.

"Grandpa, help me." Her voice was too weak. She already knew that help is coming, she could always count on her grandfather.

She took something from her phone and reached for a rock. She smashed the chip with the use of the rock. When she was so sure that the chip was really destroyed she then smashed her phone. No one should know they are alive. She knew that the Chinese Mafia would still look for Lisa and the latter's life is in danger. She'll do everything to keep her safe. She owed her life to her.

It was almost morning when a private chopper arrived nearby. Three men came closer, the two lifted Lisa and the other one assisted her.  An old man in black suit with a cane was waiting outside the chopper. 

"Mina, I am here now, you don't have to worry anymore. I'll be taking care of everything." He was so concerned as he took a quick look on her grand daughter's right leg, he hugged her giving her the assurance that she's safe now.

"Grandpa, please do everything to save her. She risked her own life for me."

"I will, I promise."

Those three men were also medical practitioner, they gave Lisa the medical attention she needed but they need to fly right away and have her check in the hospital. They brought Lisa in Japan where she can be monitored and also no one could trace them since the Myoui owned the hospital there.

"How are you doing, darling?" A man in white uniform, entered the room

"Dad," she broke down and cry. I am so sorry, I did not listen to you. I still choose my job. I thought I won't be able to see you and the rest." She felt guilty from the decision she made before.

"Shhh, remember your grandpa told you that everything will be taken cared of. You don't have to go back to that job. You can stay here and have a fresh start. But it will take some time for you to walk, my dear Minari."

"I don't care, Dad. I am just glad I am still alive." She embraced her father. She remembered how she refused to be a doctor because she never likes to become one or to run their family business. She was never afraid to die. She loves risking everything during their mission. But now everything seemed senseless to her. She values her small life now. She wanted to stay with her love ones. "Dad what about Lisa? Is she okay?"

"She's still in coma, she's badly injured and she had multiple burns. Is she an agent too?" He asked.

"No, dad, she's just a normal person who was trapped in a bad situation. She saved me, Dad. I won't be alive without her help. Please save Lisa. Make sure she'll live."

"I'll do everything to save her so you go  back to sleep and take some rest. I'll update you later."

Several days passed by and Lisa's condition is still the same. She does not responds in anything but she's alive. The doctors are not losing their hope since they observe that she is getting stable. Lisa's left arm was burnt as well as her left leg. But Mina's father ensured that surgery can be done and that no scar can be left on the woman's skin.

The company CEO arrives, he goes straight to see his favourite grand child  who is now recovering too from the injury she got.

"Minari, how are you?" He asked.

"Grandpa, thanks for dropping by but I thought you are still in Seoul?"

"I arrived just this morning. I come here personally to tell you that they are still looking for Lisa. We already sent a team to eradicate the Chinese Mafias, I also cleared the area and made sure that no one could get suspicious about the fake deaths I pulled. But her family is still searching for her. I will gave them a body so they could mourn for her."

She just nodded. She knew it would be necessary to make it more believable. "Thanks, grandpa."

"Also I talked to NIS Director, you should not worry about Park Chaeyoung, she's no longer assigned for the mission. A different team will be handling the case."

"What about Momo, how is she?"

"She's still under observation but she will live. However that poor Officer and Sergeant did not survive."

"Those people should pay for this. We need justice."

"Hold on, young lady. Stay out of it. I'll make sure justice will be served. I can't let them loose after what happened to you and your friends, I'll make sure they would pay for this "

"But grandpa," she was cut off by her grandpa.

"And I will send the two of you in America. Your dad can work with the best doctors there to ensure Lisa's well being. And no one can follow you there."

She knew she could not argue with him and just gave up, "When are we leaving then?" 

"When the medical equipments. Are all ready." Mina's father chirped in. They did not see him enter the room.

"She is still the same, looks like your sleeping beauty isn't ready to see you yet." He teased. He always do that whenever he gave her the updates. He just knew her daughter even how hard Mina hides it from him.

"Dad! It is not what you think."

"Oh, can you fill me in, son?" 

"Oh, right, dad. I think our Minari is in love with Sleeping Beauty."

"Come on now, just tell us about her, Minari. So is she already your girlfriend or what?" Her grandfather got curious.

"No, grandpa, why would you believe in dad, he's bluffing and making stories."

"Then why are you blushing my dear daughter?"

They continued teasing her.

End of flashback

"When are you going to wake up? It's been months and there is no development yet. Do you know how long I've been waiting for you to open your eyes? My leg is almost healed yet you are still there sleeping like you are enjoying whatever you are dreaming of right there." 

She replaced the flowers on the side table. She's be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter