XXI. Blume

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LISA'S POV

Jeongyeon wanted to meet up, and of all places, she chose here in the carnival. She told me I could use my free time, enjoying the place and its safer if there's a lot of people. I busy myself taking some photos. And in the sea of people, I know my eyes are not telling lies. I see the most beautiful woman in the world. It must be fate that brought us here together. I couldn't help but smile. I don't think she saw me already. So I snap stolen shots of her. I am checking the photos when I observe something odd in the background. There are men behind Joohyun. I thought it's just coincidental. I look around, check every corner of the carnival, these men are acting odd. They are like tracking someone. To check if I am not just being paranoid I then move to one place to another. But there's a kid who fell down in front of me so I help her get up and look for her mom. She must be missing. 

"Hey, watch out. Are you hurt?" But the girl just cried out more and unable to talk..

"Oh, baby, please don't cry, where's your mom? Come here, let's look for her, okay?" I tried to use the cotton candy as a bait so she would stop from crying.

"Do you want a cotton candy? I'll buy you the pink one." I led her to the cotton candy parlor.Good thing her mom claimed her.

I observed that those men in black clothes are following me wherever I go. I think I should go in a much higher place to see how many of them are following me. My steps are really fast right now. Joohyun is here too then she will be in great danger. I dialled Jeongyeon's number.

"Jeongyeon, there are men following me. It creeps me out. Joohyun is here too. You need to get here now."

"Can you buy me sometime? I'm on my way. Make sure you'll be able to distract them."

"Why are they following me? What do they need from me?" I was having my panic attack. I'm not worried for myself but for Joohyun. 

"Okay, just calm down. I am just few blocks away from carnival's parking area. Go somewhere I can easily locate you."

I looked around. Somewhere Jeongyeon can easily see me. "Okay, I am riding the ferris wheel." 

"Got it, they can't really make any moves yet. They are not stupid to exposed themselves. Just hang on, there"

After getting the ticket I hurried to get on the ferris wheel but the moment I step foot at the booth, Joohyun joined me. What is she doing here? She can't be here. The situation is worst. How can I ask her to leave this place right away when the ride just lift up us? I am contemplating how to say it to her. I don't have the easy way. I really need to push her away so she would come to her senses and leave at once.

"Uhm, Lisa, aren't you going to say hi to me?" She shyly asked. 
"Hey," I tried to smile. "I didn't know you're here. I should probably go elsewhere, I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?"

"2 weeks ago, you asked me to get out of your life, get out of your sight. I am doing my best to comply with your request."

"It's not-" she's about to say something but I cut her out.

"You don't have to be guilty, Irene. even how hard it is, I manage to breathe. I don't want you to feel bad about everything. It's really my fault. I've been lying to you."

"Please listen to me, hon."

"No, you listen to me." I tried to be firmed so she would believe me.

"I lied to you. I am seeing someone. I already told you that the photos are real so I wont deny it. I've been cheating on you and I don't want to hurt you more." 

She was not saying anything so I just continued saying more lies and she's trying to touch my face.
"Please, don't. We're over right? You made the right decision. Never doubt yourself."

"Hon, please, don't be like this."

"After this ride, I'm asking you, don't run after me."

"Hon, I am sorry, I am sorry, I am sorry. Please let's fix this together. What are you saying, you're not like this?" Her voice was breaking, I feel so sorry for Joohyun but there's no other way. She is so hard headed. Please just go, putting her in danger is the last thing on my mind. 

She looked so uneasy, is something wrong with her? 
"Hon, I, I, uh can't breathe,"

Just before she fell, good thing I was able to catch her. The ride is about to end. When we got down the ferris wheel I saw Yerim approaching us. I look around and those men are still lurking. I need to act as if I just don't know Joohyun and Yerim. This is a total mess, I can't afford it if something bad happen to them.

"Oppa!Unnie!" Yeri called out excitedly after seeing both of us coming out from the ferris wheel. "Unnie, I am looking for you everywhere. I thought you left me. I didn't expect you to ride the ferris wheel." Then she looked at me, "Oppa, I am happy you're here."

"I saw your Oppa so I followed her." Joohyun explained to her.

"Yerim, get your unnie home. You should be watching for your unnie. You know that she's afraid of heights why did you let her ride?" 

Poor, Yerim I saw how her face became gloomy like she's about to cry. "Oppa, I am sorry, please don't get mad."

"Hon, it's my fault, don't blame Yerim for this." Joohyun apologized and I just ignored her.

"Take your unnie home safely." 
I walked away from them expecting those men will leave them alone. It's me they want so they shouldn't touch a single hair of my love ones.

Ensuring that I have enough distance from them, I head straight at the back area of the carnival just in time Jeongyeon calls me. 

"Lisa, watch out!" Good thing I heard Jeongyeon I was able to dodge the punch coming from one of those men.

Someone pulled my arm and trying to push me down. Then I heard a loud thud. Jeongyeon, just give the other guy a solid axe kick. I am on my defensive position waiting for another attack. He missed and I took my chance to throw one hard punch. It feels like I broke my hand. That left the other guy lying unconscious. Jeongyeon's opponent crawled back to the other men standing by and immediately leave us. 

"I'm impress with your fighting skills." Jeongyeon said.

I am checking my hand if its badly injured."Just the basic self-defense." I shrugged, "Who are these people?"

"Well dig some information from him." She pointed the guy I just punched.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter