III. White Lies

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LISA'S POV

  It is really late at night, the house is dead silent. I do not mind switching on the lights. I go straight to bed. I am quietly crawling so that I will not disturb Joohyun.

  "Manoban, what on Earth happened to you? You are late and you did not even care to send me a message." She tirelessly said. I did not expect her to be still awake.

Well I tried to compose myself. This is the first time I would be lying to her. Forgive me, Joohyun. I don't want to argue with you right now. This is just nothing. Just catching up with my old friend. But why do I feel so guilty about it?

"Oh, honey, I am really sorry. My phone shut down." I carefully spooned her. And kissed her neck. 
"Let's sleep, save your nagging tomorrow. I love you."

"I love you too. Good night." She yawned.

"Good night."

I spooned Joohyun, I always feel so home around her. I am so comfortable whenever she is beside me. I could smell her shampoo. And I slowly felt sleepy.

IRENE'S POV

I wish I do have all the energy  to nag Lisa tonight. But I am too drained and sleepy. This is the first time she go out to meet someone and gone back this late. I don't want to pry about her meeting. It is just probably a complicated client.

But as a woman, I have this instinct that she met someone. Probably a woman, I can distinguished the scent of expensive perfume. Lisa smells so good but something is off. And it is not her usual scent.

I can hear her little snores right now. When suddenly her phone got message alerts. She just told me her phone shut down.  She did not even change her clothes. I am trying to look for her phone. I face her and give her a peck on her lips. She is probably too tired today. Good thing you're adorable.

  JENNIE'S POV

I am too happy because everything is back to normal. It is like that time freezes and skips the sad part that I don't want to recall. Lisa even brought me back all the way from Gangnam. I think I did not thank her enough for tonight. I am also worried about her. I am not sure how long will she be driving. She has not sent me any messages until now. So I decided to text her.

   Lili, are you home, already? Please drive safely and text
me once you are home. Thank 
you for seeing me tonight. 
I am really happy.

I sent the message but I am still not satisfied.

   I hope we can hang out soon. I really miss you a lot. I love you, Lily. Good night 😍😘😘

I don't think Lisa would mind me being extra sweet and clingy. We used to be inseparable. We are best friends after all. And I cannot contain my longing. I am only like this towards Lisa and I know she isn't really that showy type or out spoken but she has her way of showing me through her actions. That is the main reason Lisa and I became really close.

I go to bed happily. Kai is already sleeping. I also checked the kids before going to bed.

I have an almost perfect life. Kai is a perfect husband excepts for his ego. I know he is just being the father material to his kids even he is lacking as a husband. He works hard for our family. I have three adorable kids. And now Lisa is back in my life. I could not ask for anything more.

IRENE'S POV

Her phone alerted once again. Who on Earth will text Lisa this late? Even her clients do not text her during this late. Finally I fished out her phone from her back pocket. I am really sleepy but annoyed with the sound of her phone.

Of course there will be a password. I easily touched the screen. My finger thumbs were registered as well. And her password will be always my birthday. I am glad she never change it. Knowing that I still have access to her phone, it instantly made my heart fluttered. I look at her. She is peacefully sleeping. Lisa loves me and she won't do anything to hurt me. She is always the loyal Lisa I met 3 years ago. But her phone is not low batt. Why did she lie about that? Probably she is saving her from my nagging. You are really dead tomorrow. And who ever texted you. I will not care, I will respect her privacy. I put her phone on the side table. I did not open the messages. We are not the same with other couples. We both got passwords on our phones and we do have access to it. And that is enough. I know Lisa too well. She never entertains any person, she is proven and tested to be loyal. It sounded too good to be true but that she really is. I tucked her and went back to sleep. I snuggled her. 

LISA'S POV 

I woke up first and I felt wonderful seeing Joohyun's angelic face first thing in the morning. A breath taking view. I look like a creep but I enjoy this every morning. She is still as sleep like a baby. I love watching her even when she is like this. Everyday is a blessing just being next to her. Jennie might confused me yesterday but I am certain that it is only Joohyun that I truly love. 

I searched for my phone and it is odd that it's now on top of the side table. Probably she put it there. Well I had early messages. I opened and that was from Jennie. She did text me and I was too exhausted and fell as sleep as soon as I cuddled with Joohyun. I replied briefly.

Hey, sorry. Yes I got home safely.

I put it down and focus only to Joohyun. I don't want any distractions. Today is Sunday and its babe time. Later we will be meeting the gang.

Irene started to open her eyes. 
"Good morning, honey," she greeted.

"Good morning my sunshine. I love you, Joohyun." I started. " I am really sorry about last night. I did not intend to be late. And I know I should have texted you so you won't worry about me."

"I love you too," she simply replied. I wonder why she did not nag about it.
"I am glad you know your mistakes and apologized. Don't worry I wont bring the issue again. Let's have breakfast." 

MEET UP WITH THE BEAR 
WITH OUR FRIENDS

We're all set to meet the gang at the nearby cafe.  Seulgi informed me that she is already at the cafe.  We came next and only waiting for Yeri, Wendy and Joy.

"Bear, you okay mate? You ready for this? Lisa asked her friend worriedly. Seulgi seemed to faint any time soon.

"Do you think, she will like me? We had been rescheduling this meet up and it is really a nerve wrecking, Lisa." Even they've been sending kakao messages for quite some time she still feels nervous.

Joohyun pressed Seulgi's hand altogether. "Wendy is my best friend. She is really a nice person. And I am trusting you Seulgi if ever you hurt her, I will hunt you, down."

Both Lisa and Seulgi looked terrified with Irene's threat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter