I. She Remembers

So It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LISA'S POV

It has been 13 years since my mom died and yet the memories of the past are still haunting me. Aside for the fact that it is still too painful to accept that she is no longer with us, her death was also the biggest turning point of my life to have no certain direction. 

Probably my life will be different if she is still around. The rest of the family won't be moving back to the province and I would not be away with my closest friends and to the best friend I was secretly in love with. Well for some reasons I am not really sure if I have get over about her. I should though. Because we both have our separate lives now.

My name is Lalisa and I am the youngest, I have an older brother, the eldest and older sister; the middle child.. Our father is staying in his farm and busying himself together with my brother and for my sister she has her own family now with a wonderful kid. As of now I am living far away from my family. I relocated and move in with my partner, Irene but I call her Joohyun... 

Oh about Joohyun, she is the ray of sunshine, she is beautiful and wise. 
Well I never believe in love or whatever, I thought the love of my life was my best friend and not being able to confess my real feelings for her gave me a lot of hang ups..
Joohyun and I got to know one another through an online app. She is commonly known as Irene but I don't like calling her that name. We easily got along and I knew she would be someone special in my life. We were in a long distance relationship back then. Then I decided to be with her I quit my job and moved in. We are renting a small apartment. She gave me hope about life and reason to believe in myself. She is just too wonderful and a wife material except she does not know how to cook when we were just starting to be together and she is career oriented as well. 
She is working as a marketing Director in a large corporate company. For as long as I know Bae is not just a typical family name. She belongs to a very powerful family in the country. But it didn't stop us from loving one another.

I just got my job as an assistant photographer.Well it does not pays well but enough to provide food on the table most of the expenses are shouldered by Joohyun. I know that will be too much but she really wanted to do it since I am still struggling to find a decent job. I really had hard time getting the job I deserve or my dream job. 

I was too busy browsing my emails when I suddenly opened an old folder. I still have Jennie's email during our college days. She used to sent me a bunch of emails about her academics update even we were far from one another back then. She loved to put a lot of emojis which made me smile as I scanned those emails.

If only she knew I had feelings for her , will that change a thing? I am not really sure if she's a homophobic or even a fan of lgbtqa+. One thing is for sure. She is happily married and with three kids now. We are still somewhat connected on social media so I am kinda updated about her life.
Yah, I sounded a total creep right now, checking updates about her.

"Honey, I am home!" Joohyun eagerly said that broke the silence of the room. I close my laptop and got up from bed. The moment I heard her voice made me smile instantly. My day won't be complete without her. 

"Hi, honey! How's your day?" I asked and greeted her with a kiss.

"It's all the same, honey, did you already eat dinner? Aren't you starving yet? I'll cook for you," Joohyun offered. Even how busy or tired she is, she still wanted to cook for me, she has been trying to cook and slowly it pays off. Without any expectation from someone who grew up in a rich family like her. She really improved with cooking.

"Nope, I am all full. I just want you for tonight"I jested.

"Oh my baby is missing me too much huh?" She hugged me tightly

"Alright let's go watch our favorite series then." This is our routine bonding watching netflix whenever we are both free.

"Sure!" I guided her to the bedroom holding her hand. We both smiled with the simplicity of our happiness.
We don't need anything but ourselves.
We are always happy and in love even we are both not totally out as a couple. 

Her family is aware but on my side only my sister knew about the existence of this forbidden love. She is too lovely to accept us. I was glad I made the right decision to tell my sister my greatest secret about my ual orientation.

We were on the bed cozily watching and cuddling.

"Hon, remember I told you that we have an event at work and we are still looking for photographers, can you tell your group to do it?." Joohyun lovingly asked me a favour. 

"Nothing to worry consider it done, is it still on this coming Saturday when you mentioned last time?" I confidently accepted the task, for sure my team will be glad to have this project especially if it's a corporate event.

"Great, you are the best, my Lalisa. And yes same date, same time. I am really counting on you." Joohyun kissed me on my lips then turned back to watch again the tv series we are watching.

Few days later...

LISA'S POV

This is nerve wrecking, Joohyun already instructed us where to set up and provided us the programme. The entire team is on stand by mode. I can't help glancing over Joohyun she is so stunning and most of the guests turned their heads whenever she passes by. I am feeling so proud of her. Joohyun managed to wink at me and I just blushed. This woman really knows how to flutter my heart. I still don't know whatever I did in my past life to get this lucky. I am truly blessed with the relationship I have.

I started doing my job and take some shots, aiming with my prospect when I froze and just stared to a specific woman. She is smiling towards my direction. My heart skipped a beat. I was aware of this feeling. I had this feeling way back in the middle school. The exact feeling whenever a certain girl smiles at me. I am not mistaken it's Jennie Kim; smiling like a happy kid in front of me. I suddenly felt shy like a stupid teenager caught by her crush. She walked towards me and bowed.

"It's been a long time, Lili." She started the conversation. I was bit surprised she still call me the same nick name she gave me way back when we were young and foolish. 
" It is such a small world, I am glad I go with Kai tonight, I was not expecting you here, really. How are you doing?"

Probably Kai is her husband's name and she is with him.

"I am good, Nini. Thanks for asking, glad that you still remember me." I spoke formally.

"You silly girl, you are one of my closest friends. Why would I ever forget you? We shared happy memories together."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter