Chapter 4 : The Vampire

The Bride of Wizard King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ Ren's POV ]

Grandma : Here I come, Your highness. Do you have anything with me? (Grandma entered my room as per my order.)

Me : Do you know the person who were born on red moon's day will have to face danger at the age of 20?

Grandma : Really, Sir? What will she face?

Me : My bride will be in danger. She'll be harmed by vampires. Vampires need her blood to power up their power. I mean all baby girls who were born that day will be harmed to death. Yesterday, the monster that entered her room is a vampire. Vampires have good sense to smell blood. I guess she's already being harmed by them.

Grandma : So what should we do? I'm getting old and my power is getting weak too. I don't think I can protect her.

Me : If she's inside the house, those vampires can't harm her. I've put the spell to protect the whole house. She's safe if she is at home.

Grandma : Thank you so much, Your highness.

Me : Make sure she doesn't go out that day!

Grandma : Yes, Your highness!

Me : She's coming. You can leave. (My sense told me that she's coming downstairs so I ordered grandma to leave the room.)

-----

With the good smell of lavender, it helped me to do meditation well until I got bothered by my bride.

Me : What are you doing over there? (She was hiding at the door, opened a small space to watch me in secret.)

Youra : Oh I... I wonder if you're sleeping already. But what are you doing?

Me : Doing meditation!

Youra : Eh? what for?

Me : You're talking too much. (I'm sick of answering her endless questions so I put the spell to make her fall asleep and carried her to bed.)

After I put her on her bed, I sat next to her, spending time looking at her.

Me : So this girl is gonna be my bride. I have to make her agree to marry and go to my world in order to make me become the king of wizard. I've been appearing in her dream and she thinks it has been nightmares for her. She doesn't have good image on wizard either so I don't know how to make her agree to go with me. I won’t force her. Everything has to be approved by her. This is the problem and all I'm here for.

After a while I felt something strange outside the house. I went to check through the window.

Me : Vampires... Those are stray vampires. They're coming a lot. I won't let them harm my bride. (I quickly went to meet those vampires.)

Vampire 1 : Who are you? Why can't we enter this house? We need blood. We're craving for her blood.

Me : Leave if you don't want to die! I don't allow you to harm people in this house.

Vampire 2 : Who the hell are you? You wanna die? Go away from us!

Me : You are the one who should go away!

Vampire : This guy is rude. Let's go and kill him!

I started chanting the magic, ready to kill them. As soon as they saw the magic light coming out from my hand, they realized who I am.

Vampires : Wizard... He's a wizard. We can't compete him. Let's run!

Those vampires flew away at once.

I went back home and continued doing meditation.

-----

Another day to go to school. Human being's life is so complicating. They need to go to school and study a lot while I have grown up to learn only magic and superpower.

After took shower, I picked the cloth to dress. Suddenly I remember how my bride complained about how I dress. But I've been dressing like this for my whole life. Besides black clothes, I have dark blue clothes. I think I'm gonna dress it for today.

I dressed up then went out.

Grandma : Good morning! Please have breakfast before go to school!

Youra : What? Dark blue cloth? You really have no sense on clothing. Aren't you hot with cover up all over your body like this? You're really weird.

Grandma : Youra, stop talking something impolite like this! Sit down and have breakfast!

"She really has a lot to say about me. Maybe I look so strange to her. "

Grandma : Youra, from today on after class, you have to come home right away. Don't stay out late!

Youra : Why grandma?

Grandma : Nothing! You've grown up this pretty so you shouldn't stay out late. Go to school with Ren and come back home together with him.

Youra : Nooo, grandma! People will notice us. And I need my private time too. Also he won't be happy to stick around with me. We can just go on our own way. You see, he doesn't even say anything. Sitting like a rock!

Grandma : Youra, stop being so rude to him! You have to listen to grandma. Why is bad to have someone protect you when you're outside?

Youra : Why should I need someone to protect? I can protect myself. You're worried too much.

Grandma : You don't know. Just do what I said and stop back talking! Hurry to finish eating and go to school! I gotta go back to my room now.

Grandma left me and Youra alone. Youra was teary and likely to cry soon.

Youra : If you already finished eating. Let's go to school!

We left for school. She remained silent all the way. She looked so sad.

We went inside the class together, got everyone surprised. They were gossiping about us. Like are we couple? I don't even know what couple is. I really need to learn more about human.

-----

I kept looking at her for the whole time. She's still sad and doesn't talk much with her friends.

Teacher : Hi class, last week we got new student to join our class and today we'll have another new student. Let's welcome our new friend!

Teacher came in and announced the class about new student. The moment he stepped it, I could smell and sense something strange, it's not human's smell.

That guy : Hi, everyone! My name is Jeonghan. From today on I'll be joining your class. I hope to get along with everyone. Nice to know you all!

He introduced himself and everyone clapped for him.

We got eye connected, staring at each other for a while. Then he went to find the seat. He sat behind Youra and started having conversation with her right away. I don't know what they're talking about. I tried to use my power to listen but it didn't work on him. This is weird and I started to worry.

On break time I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter