Chapter 27 : Learning to Endure

The Bride of Wizard King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today after meeting with all high rank officer, Ren and Aron had a private talk.

Aron : Grandpa is returning soon. What are you going to do with Youra?

Ren : She still doesn’t agree to get married with me. I’m so stressed. She used to say she can be a slave or whatever but she won’t get married with me. She doesn’t want to involve with our kingdom.

Aron : She loves you but why is she this stubborn? Wait, being a slave? What slave does she mean?

Ren : Maybe she means I can go to sleep with her whenever I want but she doesn’t want to be my queen.

Aron : Haha this is weird. Does she really hate our kingdom this much?

Ren : I think she’s more afraid than hating.

Aron : I see. You’d better show her good sides of us more. Maybe she’ll change her mind.

Ren : I’m trying my best. What I’m worried right now is how to deal with grandpa. He won’t forgive her if he knows she keeps refusing me like this.

Aron : Hmm what should we do to make her agree with you? Oh right, if you make her pregnant again, do you think she will accept the marriage? One more thing, if she’s pregnant, even she still disagrees with you, grandpa won’t punish her so you have more time to persuade her.

Ren : Is it a good idea?

Aron : Grandpa won’t make his great grandchild in hard time. If she’s having his great grandchild, I’m sure he’ll have mercy on her.

Ren : I got it.

Ren also thinks it’s a good idea to try so he decided to follow Aron.

-----

[ At Ren’s Residence ]

Riam : Papa, papa come now! Is Papa tired? How was the meeting today? (Riam ran to hug Ren.)

Ren : Papa was tired but when Papa with Riam, Papa isn’t tired anymore, my heart! (Ren carried Riam and kissed.)

Youra : Dinner is ready. Please come!

They were happily having dinner together. After that Ren lullaby Riam to sleep.

-----

Ren : Youra, I’ve prepared a room for Riam. From tomorrow Riam will stay in different room from us.

Youra : Why? He’s still small and never sleeps alone. Please let me stay with him!

Ren : Child has to sleep separately from parents like that. It’s nothing wrong.

Youra : No, I can’t sleep without Riam. I wanna take care of him.

Ren : Riam will have servants to take care and he’s staying in the room next to us. You don’t have to worry that much.

Youra : He won’t agree. He can’t sleep without us.

Ren : Riam has to learn to be strong. We shouldn’t spoil him too much. I’ve decided. Now go to bed!

Ren gave a strong commitment so Youra couldn’t refuse.

-----

~ Next Day ~

Ren : Riam listen, from today you’ll sleep in the different room from Papa and Mommy!

Riam : Why Papa? Is Riam a bad kid?

Ren : No, but kid doesn’t sleep with parents when they grow up. You’ve to start learning to sleep alone.

Riam : Hik hik but Riam doesn’t want to be alone. (Riam started crying.)

Youra : Ren, I don’t think we should separate him for now. He’s still small.

Ren : Riam, you’re gonna be the future king of our kingdom. You’ve to be on your own to be strong. Papa and Mommy aren’t leaving you alone, we just want you to learn to be strong.

Riam : Hik hik but I want to listen to Mommy telling a story before bed and sleep hugging Papa.

Ren : Alright, you can have your mommy telling you a story before bed and Papa hugging you to sleep but when you fall asleep, we’ll leave. Let’s try to get used little by little! Riam is a good kid. Riam has to listen to Papa.

Riam : Yes Papa!

Little Riam was still sobbing. Youra felt so sad to see her son like this. Ren tried to pamper and console Riam to stop crying and accepted his request.

-----

[ In Little Riam’s Room ]

When night comes, Ren guided Riam to his new room.

Ren : You’ll stay here, Riam. Isn’t it beautiful?

Riam started sobbing again, holding Youra who was carrying him in her arms.

Ren : Why are you crying again, huh? Don’t cry! Come to Papa! (Ren took Riam from Youra.)

Ren : Being a man, you’ve to learn to endure. Don’t cry easily like this! You must be strong. Got it?

Riam : Yes Papa, I’ll endure.

Ren : Good then let’s sleep! You can hug Papa and your mommy is gonna tell you a bed story.

Riam tried to endure as his father said. He slept hugging Ren and having his mother to tell a bed story. He soon fell asleep.

Ren : My heart is sleeping now. Good-night, my beloved son! (Ren kissed Riam on forehead.)

Youra : Do we really have to let him sleep alone here? (Youra couldn’t stop sobbing.)

Ren : Don’t worry too much! He’ll get used soon. Riam is very good kid. He’ll be fine.

Youra : But I can’t get used. I don’t want he stays away from my arms. At day time, you take him with you and at night he has to sleep separately from me. How can I endure it?

Ren : You’re harder to talk with than our son. Stop crying! Let’s go back to our room!

Ren walked to hold Youra hand and ready to leave little Riam alone.

Ren : Servants, take care of my son carefully! If there is anything, hurry to call me!

Servants : Yes Your highness! (They bowed and Ren left with Youra.)

-----

[ In Ren’s Room ]

Ren : Stop crying, Kid!

Youra : I still think he’s too small to stay alone.

Ren : Oh god, little Arie has been staying separately from their parents since before 3. It’s nothing wrong.

Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter