Chapter 26 : Jealousy and Forgiveness

The Bride of Wizard King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ren really took little Riam with him since early morning. Youra kept crying because she is worried about Riam. She cried alone inside the huge residence for hours.

Then she decided to go out to release stress. She was sitting and kept sobbing inside the garden alone. There are many servants and guards but she never dares to talk with them.

After a while, there was a cat went to her.

Youra : Little Kitten, where are you from? Why are you here? Oh you’re injured? Do you have owner?

The little kitten was laying near her sickly, looked like it asked her for help so she took it to her room to apply some medicine and covered bandage for it. Then she walked out to find if it has owner.

Suddenly there was a young and good-looking man approached her. He is Vernon, the younger brother of Minhwa (Aron’s brother-in-law).

Vernon : Excuse me, young lady! May I have my kitten back? It’s my pet.

Youra : Ah I didn’t mean to take it. It ran to me in the garden then I noticed it’s injured so I took it to apply medicine and covered bandage for it. Here you go! I’m sorry if I made you finding it.

Vernon : You helped my little kitten? Thank you so much! (He smiled and gave a slight bow to her.)

Vernon : By the way, who are you and what is your name? I’ve never seen you before.

Youra : Oh my name is Youra and…..

Minhwa : Hello, Youra! (Minhwa arrived.)

Vernon : Noona!

Minhwa : Youra, this is my younger brother, Vernon. Vernon, this is the bride of Prince Ren. (Minhwa introduced them to each other.)

Vernon : Ahhh the bride? So you must be a human. Please accept my respect! (Vernon bowed to her.)

Youra : Ah you don’t have to show me such respect. I’m just a normal person. Anyway, nice to know you, Vernon-shi!

Vernon : Nice to know you too!

Minhwa : Vernon came to visit us. He’ll stay with me for a while.

Vernon : Yes I miss my little niece so much.

Minhwa : Oh right, if you don’t mind, please come to my place! I’m going to prepare dinner for tonight to welcome my brother. He has just arrived. What will you say?

Youra : I’d love to. I have nothing to do either.

-----

Youra went to relax at Minhwa’s place for full day. She got to talk with Vernon a lot. She lost her sadness a little because Vernon is full of humor and he made her laugh a lot.

-----

After dinner, Youra went back to her residence. Since it’s a little bit late, Vernon insisted to send her off.

Youra : I’m really sorry to disturb you. You really don’t have to send me off.

Vernon : It’s ok. I wanna spend a little more time with you.

Youra : Huh?

Vernon : I mean I’ve never been nor met human in my whole life before so I’m so excited to meet you. You’re very beautiful and lovely. Human is like this, right?

Youra : Hmm… what should I say…

Vernon : It’s ok. I’ve more time to be here so I’ll ask you little by little about human world and human. Will we meet again tomorrow? Will you come to my noona’s place tomorrow?

Youra : I’ve promised to learn cooking some sweets with Minhwa-shi so I’ll be there tomorrow.

Vernon : Good! Oh we’ve arrived now. Then good-night! Again thanks for curing my kitten.

Youra : Don’t mention it! Good-night! (Youra said then went inside her residence.)

< Inside the Residence >

Ren : Where have you been? (Ren who was reading book at his desk asked her right away when she came in.)

Youra : I have spent my whole day with Minhwa-shi. We cooked together and she asked me to have dinner with her so…..

Ren : Alright, go to rest!

Youra went to Riam who was already sleeping and gave a kiss then slept.

-----

Next day, Youra woke up early. She prepared breakfast and clothes for Ren and Riam.

Youra : Riam, be a good kid! Don’t make problem and listen to your father!

Riam : Yes Mommy!

Youra : I’m going to learn to cook some sweets with Minhwa-shi today.

Ren : OK! But today let’s have dinner together! Come back early! We’re leaving now.

Youra : I got it.

Riam : Bye bye Mommy!

Ren and Riam left. Youra also left to Minhwa’s place. Today Minhwa taught Youra a lot housework as a wife of prince in this kingdom, such as cooking and sewing. Youra is a fast learner. They enjoyed doing it a lot. Vernon also kept staying with the girls and asked Youra a lot about human world.

Vernon : So in human world there are many wonderful places. Unlike here, we only have nature. I really wanna go there once.

Minhwa : My husband has spent many years at there and he likes it a lot. Sometimes he said he really wishes to be a human and live there.

Vernon : Even brother-in-law wish to live there? Then I must go and see it soon.

Youra : I wanna go back too. (Youra became sad.)

Minhwa : Oh we’re sorry if we made you miss your place. Vernon, let’s stop talking about it!

Vernon became curious if she is forced to leave her place. He could feel that Youra’s not that happy and she has a lot inside her heart. He secretly insisted to ask his sister about Youra and he finally knew about her and how she came here. Vernon felt pity for her and became interested in her even more.

Today Minhwa insisted Youra to have dinner with her again. First, she tried to refuse but when everyone kept insisting too much, Youra decided to eat with them and hurry to go back to her residence.

-----

Vernon insisted to walk her to her place again.

 Vernon : It was a fun day too today. Thanks for telling me about human world! I’ve learnt a lot from you.

Youra : It’s good that there are wizards like about human world.

Vernon : Is there any wizard hate it? Does Prince Ren hate it?

Youra : Hmm…

Vernon : You look depressed sometimes. Do you have any problem?

Youra : Ah no, I’m fine. We’ve arrived now. Thanks for walking me here!

Youra said then hurried to go in.

-----

< Inside the Residence >

Ren : Didn’t I tell you to come back early to have dinner together, Youra?

Youra : I didn’t know you would be this fast. I’m sorry. They insisted me to have dinner with them so…

Ren : So you don’t care about my word and Riam, right? He was waiting for you until fell asleep.

Youra : I’m really sorry.

Ren : No need to eat then if you already finished! (Ren said then violently threw all the food from the table.)

**PRAV**

Youra stood still sobbing in pain and shock. Ren left to read book, ignoring her crying.

Youra cleaned the food and the broken plates on the floor.

“Ouch!!!” she ended up cut her fingers. Ren quickly came to her.

Ren : Stand still! I’m gonna cure for you. (He used his power to cure for her.)

Ren : Is it not hurt now?

Youra kept sobbing without answering him.

Ren : Why still crying? Still hurt?

Youra : I’m gonna go to take bath now. (She said then left.)

Ren felt regret for showing angry to her too much.

-----

Ren was standing, waiting for her coming out from bathroom.

Ren : Why did you take so long? Are you ok? You’re not hurt anywhere, right?

Youra : I’m fine. (She replied and started walking pass him.)

Ren : Youra! (He grabbed her hand.)

Ren : I know I was too much just now.

Youra : It’s ok. Forget it! I’m gonna go to bed now.

Ren : Wait! (He hugged her from back tightly.)

Youra : What do you want?

Ren : I want you. Serve me tonight!

He turned her to face him and started kissing. Youra didn’t refuse because she knew even she wanted to refuse, she can’t.

-----

~ Next day ~

Ren didn’t go to work. He just spent all day long, reading book and playing with little Riam inside their residence. Youra didn’t go out too.

Tonight, they are invited by Aron for a dinner at his place.

< At Aron’s Residence >

Aron : Ren, Youra, Riam, you’ve come now. Thanks for coming! We’ve done preparing. Please come in and have a seat. Today I invited you all to come because my brother-in-law is leaving in 2 days.

Vernon : Long time no see, Your highness! How have you been doing?

Ren : Good!

Vernon : Is this the little prince? He is so cute. What is your name?

Riam : Hi, Uncle! My name is Riam. Nice to meet you!

Vernon : Omg he’s so cute and friendly. Youra, you have very good son. You grow him well. It must be hard to grow a child alone.

Minhwa : Vernon, what are you saying? (Minhwa noticed how Ren changed his expression.)

Vernon : I’m just saying the truth. She was pregnant at very young age and she was alone all herself growing her son. I really admire her.

Aron : Vernon, I know you’re still sad because of Aliza’s death but don’t mistreat the prince like this.

Vernon : No, I’m not mistreating the prince. Who dare to mistreat the next king? I dare not.

Ren : I’m full now. I’m gonna leave.

Vernon : Oh but Youra and Riam haven’t eaten anything yet. You can go first. I’ll send your wife and son home later, Your highness.

Ren didn’t say anything. He left.

Minhwa : Vernon, why are you behaving rudely like this? His highness looks so angry now.

Vernon : I just said the truth. He didn’t help to grow Riam at the first place.

Minhwa : It’s because he didn’t know Youra was pregnant when he left. We can’t accuse him like that.

Youra : It was my bad. Sorry to make the atmosphere became awful because of me.

Vernon : It’s not your mistake. Prince Ren is always like this. He is type of person who won’t accept the truth though he’s wrong. Aliza was very nice to him but she ended up dying because of someone heartless like him.

Minhwa : Vernon! Aliza helped the prince by herself. He didn’t make her die. You’ve to understand. I know you’re sad because of losing someone you love so much but you have to understand.

“So Aliza is someone Vernon loves so much but she loves Ren.” Youra murmured alone.

-----

After dinner, Vernon carried sleeping Riam in his arms and walked Youra home.

Youra : I’m sorry. Aliza died th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter