Chapter  18 : Losing in the Magic Kingdom

The Bride of Wizard King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youra started to pay more attention on Riam on his behaviors and everything.

One spring vocation, Riam's school has school trip to Busan. First Youra didn't want to let him go because it's the first time that he'll be away from her. But because Riam is looking forward to it so much and his teachers have promised for his safety so Youra allowed him to go.

-----

It's a trip to Busan's most beautiful sea. They'll do BBQ there. Everyone was enjoying the event with great care of teachers.

Riam suddenly saw a very beautiful rabbit. Because he can understand animal's language, he knew that the little rabbit was calling him to go to a beautiful place. Riam ran following the rabbit into a forest.

Riam : Little Rabbit, where are you taking me to?

The rabbit kept running until they reached a place that looks like a magic gate and it's very beautiful. The little rabbit told Riam to go inside so he could see a very beautiful place. Riam was hesitant at first but he also wanted to know if the little rabbit was telling the truth or not so he entered.

As Riam entered, he saw a very beautiful town from the hill. It's so beautiful that Riam kept walking farther and farther. He went into the town. There are many people but it's different from what he is seeing in his daily life every day. He was walking inside a crowded place which look like a market. No one paid attention to him. They were busy selling, buying and talking with each other. After a long walk discovering, Riam started to be tired and hungry. He wanted to go back to his teachers and friends but it became so dark already and he didn't remember the road to go back. It's getting dark and the crowded market started closing the shop one by one. Villagers have gone inside their house and not many people outside the town.

Little Riam started crying because of fear and emptiness inside his stomach.

Riam : Mommy, Riam is afraid. Mommy, Riam is hungry. (He kept crying and calling his mom.)

Riam was crying till fell asleep on a sidewalk.

-----

Next day Riam woke up and started crying again. People were walking pass him but nobody noticed him.

Riam was too hungry so he went to a nearby bakery.

Riam : Uncle, I'm so hungry. May I have some bread?

The owner : Do you have money with you?

Riam : I don't have money.

The owner : Oh sorry if you don't have money, I can't give you.

Riam couldn't get the bread so he kept sobbing near the shop.

Actually, here is the magic world, the witch and wizard kingdom where all the witches and wizards live.

That day, Ren came out to visit the villagers with his little niece, Arie and some servants.

(Arie is a daughter of Aron and Minhwa. Ren loves his niece a lot and often takes her along with him.)

As Ren arrived to the village, everyone kneeled and bowed to him. Ren was carrying little Arie in his arms and visited his people. They walked until reached the bakery shop where little Riam was crying. The owner of the shop trying to tell him to stop crying because the heir of wizard king is coming but little Riam couldn't help not to cry. Ren finally noticed the crying kid then he walked to Riam.

Ren : Little kid, why are you crying?

Riam : I'm hungry but I don't have money to buy the bread.

Ren : You're hungry, right? Stop crying, I'll buy it for you.

He smiled to the little kid, then took some coins to buy some bread for him.

Ren : Here you go! Enjoy your bread! I'm gonna go now.

Riam : Thank you, Uncle! I'll remember your kindness. (Little Riam bowed to Ren politely.)

Arie : Uncle, I'm hungry. Can we go back to castle now?

Riam : Do you want some bread? You can have some if you want. (Little Riam handed little Arie some of his bread.)

Arie : I won't take yours. You look dirty. I don't take your dirty food.

Ren : Arie, don't say like this! It's not good.

Arie : Uncle, he's like a beggar and look so dirty.

Riam : I'm not a beggar. Hik hik Mommy, Mommy, where are you? (Riam burst out crying.)

Ren : Oh I'm sorry instead of my niece. Don't cry! Where is your mother?

Riam : Mommy is in Seoul. Hik hik I miss Mommy. I wanna meet Mommy.

Ren : What is this? Why is this kid here? (Ren turned to ask the bakery shop's owner.)

The owner : Your highness, I don't know this kid. He came randomly to my shop and asked for some bread. He seems to lose his way. I didn't see his parents.

Ren : You're not living in here, little kid?

Riam : My hometown is in Seoul. I came to Busan with my school to have a trip, Uncle. Do you know where my friends are? I lost my way and I don't know how to go back.

Ren : So you're a human? But how come a human could come here? Servants, take this kid with us!

Ren cast a spell to make little Riam fell asleep then told his servants to take Riam to the castle with him.

-----

< At the Castle >

Aron : Ren, I heard you took a human kid here. (Aron entered Ren's room.)

Ren : Yes, Hyung! I was visiting villagers today with Arie and seeing this kid was crying. He said he lives in Seoul and came here to have a trip with school then ended up coming to our place. I asked the villagers, nobody knows him. I'm so curious so I took him here. How could a human come to our place?

Aron walked to see the kid who is sleeping soundly on Ren's bed.

Aron : He's such a cute kid. But how could a human kid come here? Unless he's also a wizard.

Ren : But he said his mother is in Seoul. He has no idea about our place and he looks like 3 or 4 years old only. How could he come here?

Aron : I have no idea too. But if he's not a person here, let's send him back to his world!

Ren : Maybe tomorrow when he wakes up, we should send him back. His family must be worried about him.

Aron : But he looks so much alike you, like the version of your childhood. Even the way he's sleeping.

Ren : I somehow feel like we're connected or something. But I don't know what it is.

-----

Ren was looking at the little kid for long time and he seems to like this kid a lot. Ren even let the kid sleep on his bed alone and he was sitting all night long doing meditation.

-----

Next day Riam woke up and saw himself in a beautiful place. He looked round and round then saw Ren who was sitting doing meditation.

Ren : You woke up now little kid?

Riam : Yes, did you take me here, Uncle? And where is it? It's so beautiful.

Ren : It's my room. Little kid, you're really a human from human world, right? I mean you're not a person living in here, right?

Riam : I'm not living in here. I'm living with my mom in Seoul. Can you take me to my mom? I miss her so much. (Little Riam sobbed.)

Ren walked to carry him in his arms.

Ren : I can't go to your place but I'll send my servants to send you back where you have lost. Don't cry!

Riam : I'm a bad kid because I left teachers without telling them. They must be worried about me.

Ren : You're so thoughtful. Then next time don't leave the group without informing. You're so small. You can't be on your own yet.

Riam : Yes Uncle!

Ren : Are you hungry now?

Riam : Yes, can I have something to eat before I leave?

Ren : Sure! I'll tell my servants to bring it for us and let's eat together!

Servants brought them very luxury meal and they ate together.

Ren : Is it delicious? Do you like it?

Riam : Yes everything is delicious but why there is no meat?

Ren : I'm sorry because I don't eat meat. That's why they don't prepare meat for us. Do you want meat? I'll tell them to make it for you.

Riam : Why don't you eat meat, Uncle?

Ren : Because animals also have life. If we eat them, they'll be killed and lose their family.

Riam : Yes you're right. From now on I won't eat meat too.

Ren : Really? You're so cute. It's good if we don't eat meat.

They seem to get along well and Ren likes Riam a lot. They enjoyed talking and eating together.

Ren : Little kid, I think you should go now. It's quite far so you should arrive before dark. I'm sorry that I'm busy and can't send you off by myself. You go with my servants.

Riam : Thank you so much, Uncle! So we have to say goodbye right here, right?

Ren : I'll send you off at gate. Let's spend a little more time together!

-----

While they were having breakfast together, Commander Kim arrived at Ren’s residence and asked to meet him. Ren told him to come in.

 

“Your highness, I’m sorry to disturb you at this early morning. I heard about the human kid could enter here and I’m in charge of the magic world gate so I want to response for this case.” Said Commander Kim. He said as he glazed at little Riam got him scared.

“How do you want to find out? I can’t even figure it out. No need to find out! I’m planning to send him back to his world today.” -Ren-

“It’s weird. There must be something. Please let me have this kid for judgment! I’ll ask him personally. I’ve to make sure he’s not harming us. This is my duty. Please allow me to have the kid for a day!” –Commander Kim-

“Fine! But you have to ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter