Chapter 21 : Homesick

The Bride of Wizard King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ren : Good morning, Riam!

Riam : Good morning, Papa!

Ren : Did you have a good sleep last night?

Riam : Yes I dreamt about Mommy.

Ren : Good! By the way, does Riam wanna go to work with Papa today?

Riam : Yes!

Ren : Good! Let's have breakfast then go to work together!

-----

Ren took Riam with him today. Riam is so good kid. He won't disturb his father's work. He just sits and plays alone. Ren often looks at Riam and feels proud of him.

A moment later, Riam fell asleep on the desk. Ren carried him in arms to pamper him to sleep. He treasures Riam more than everything in the world.

Aron : Oh you took Riam with you today?

Ren : I can't put my trust on those stupid servants. He's still not fine yet. He is missing Youra a lot. I'm really stressed now. I hope grandfather will come back soon so that I can talk with him.

Aron : Hmm Youra must be missing Riam a lot too. It has been one month now.

Ren : Still less than me, Hyung. I thought she would come to me one day but see, she even gave a birth to my son and still didn't call me at all. Is she trying to separate me with my son forever or what? I can't understand her. If only she could love me even a little bit.

Aron : So what are you gonna do?

Ren : When grandfather comes, I'll go to get her. I don't care if she agrees to come or not.

Aron : She'll come because Riam is here.

Ren : I hope so. Now I'm really angry and upset with her. What a selfish girl!

Aron : Anyway it's really good that Riam is easy to talk with. He understands you and gets used with everything so fast.

Ren : Though now he misses his mother, he still endures it.

Aron : He's truly born king.

-----

Because of homesick, Riam becomes quiet day by day. He doesn't play, eat or talk much and it makes Ren so heart breaking.

Ren : Riam, eat a little bit more! You'll be sick if you don't eat.

Riam : I wanna eat food made by Mommy.

Ren : Riam, when Mommy comes, Mommy will cook for you. Now eat this!

Riam : I'm full now.

Ren : You don't even eat anything yet. How could you be full?

Riam got off from chair and ran to bed to sleep.

Ren : Riam, don't be like this! Eat a little bit! Papa beg you! You don't even eat anything since morning! Come and eat before sleep! Come on dear!

Riam : Noooo I want to eat food made by Mommy. Hik hik (Riam burst out crying.)

Ren : Riam, I'm sorry. Don't cry! It's okay if you want to sleep. Sleep tight! Papa love you. (Ren kissed Riam and lullaby him until he fell asleep soundly.)

After Riam fell asleep. Ren went to talk with Aron.

Ren : Hyung, I'm really worried right now. Riam doesn't eat much lately and today he didn't eat anything at all. He said he wants to eat only his mother's food. What should I do? I'm really stressed right now.

Aron : Hmm he misses his mother. This is what he has to since he has been with his mother since birth. I have an idea. How about letting my wife takes care of him? I mean at day time, let him stay at my place so that he can play with Arie and taken care by Minhwa.

Ren : Do you think it'll work?

Aron : Let's give it a try!

They have decided to try it that way.

-----

Next day Ren took Riam to Aron's place.

Ren : So from now on, Riam will stay with Auntie Minhwa and little Arie and when Papa finish work, Papa will come to take Riam, ok?

Riam just nodded. Then Ren left. He was watching Riam quite long before he decided to leave.

Minhwa : Little Prince, you come to stay with us and let's play together, ok? Now I've just finished cooking. Let's eat together!

Riam didn't say anything at all, just sat on the table and remained silent.

Minhwa : There are many food. What do you want to eat?

Riam : Riam wanna eat food made by Mommy.

Minhwa : Riam, Mommy will come soon. Riam has to eat or you'll be sick. If you're sick, Mommy won't be happy. So please eat! After eating, let's go to play, ok?

Riam didn't want to eat but he agreed to eat a little bit.

After breakfast, they went to a beautiful garden inside the castle to play.

Minhwa : Riam, what do you want to play?

Riam : I don't want to play. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter