Chapter 38 : Born to Be the King

The Bride of Wizard King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

< Inside the Dream >

“Youra, I gotta go.” Ren was standing a few meters far from Youra, saying good-bye to her.

“Where are you gonna go?” -Youra-

“Good-bye, My Bride!” Ren dropped a few tears in front of her then turned back to her, was walking to leave.

“Rennnnnnnnn……” -Youra-

Youra had another nightmare about Ren again. She woke up in the middle of night alone. She became worried more and more as the dream felt so real and it was an omen to tell her something.

“Papa, don’t go! Papa…..” Little Riam cried in his sleep again too.

Youra started sobbing as her worries grew bigger and bigger for Ren. She kept sobbing silently alone while patting Riam’s head to calm him down from nightmare.

------

~ NEXT DAY ~

“Why is the whole castle decorated with white fabric?” Youra curiously asked to the servants.

Youra came out from room and got shocked to see the never-seen atmosphere.

“Young Lady…” all servants were sobbing.

“Why? Why are you all crying?” -Youra-

“We’re mourning.” -servants-

“Mourning? For whom?” Youra became panic.

“Young Lady, we’ve received the news that Prince Ren has passed away in the battle field last night. Prince Aron is taking his body back to the castle. They will be arrived tomorrow night.” -servants-

“What? What are you saying? How could this happen? Are you all lying me? It can’t be true.” Youra got a great shock. It was too sudden and she couldn’t believe it.

Youra quickly ran to Ren’s room.

As she entered his room, she saw the white fabric and white roses were decorated inside his room, the candles were lighted up and Ren’s favorite lavender flowers were put neatly on his bed.

Youra got lost. She stood still, looking at the mourning decoration inside Ren’s room. She was like if it’s just a dream, please wake her up.

“It’s not true. It’s not true. Ren, Ren…” Youra burst out crying.

Due to the great shock, her legs couldn’t carry her anymore. She fell on the floor.

“Young Lady, please control yourself!” servants rushed to carry her.

“Ren!!! I can’t believe this. I can’t take this. Ren, Ren…” Youra kept bawling in pain till ended up losing her consciousness.

“Young Lady, Young Lady…” -servants-

Servants took Youra back to Riam’s room. They became so heart-breaking to see Youra like this. They felt fragile but they didn’t how to help her with this sad reality.

-----

[ At Riam’s Room ]

Little Riam wasn’t told about his father’s death news yet. Riam kept sitting near his mother, waiting for her to wake up.

“Why is Mommy sleeping so long?” -Riam-

“Little Prince, Youra-nim will wake up soon. Please don’t be sad, your highness!” servants tried to console their little prince.

That moment, Wizard King came in.

“Great grandpa!” Riam exclaimed as soon as he saw the Wizard King.

“Your majesty!” servants quickly bowed to their king.

“Great grandpa, have you finished your meditation already? Riam miss you.” Riam was happy to see his great grandpa after many days the king was doing meditation inside his room.

Wizard King became emotional to see little Riam. He walked to hug Riam with a great sorrow. A moment later, he released the hug and looked at unconscious Youra.

“What happened to the bride?” Wizard King turned to ask servants.

“The bride found out the news about Prince Ren. She was shocked and sad too much till became unconscious, your majesty.” -servants-

“How about Riam? Did he know about his father yet?” -Wizard King-

“We’ve not told him yet, your majesty.” -servants-

“I got it. Take care of the bride well! I’m gonna take Riam with me for a while.” -Wizard King-

Wizard King carried little Riam and left.

-----

[ At Wizard King’s Residence ]

Wizard King brought little Riam to see the throne inside his residence.

“Riam, I’ve been sitting on this throne for hundred years already. I’ve been the king for 2 generations after I lost my son who is your grandpa. And now I’ve lost my grandson…” Wizard King burst out crying.

“It’s all my mistakes. I was wrong. I was bad. I killed my own grandson.” Wizard King kept crying with guilty. Little Riam was quietly watching his great grandpa crying.

“How do I suppose to do now? Do I have to sit on this throne for one more generation until you grow big? Three heirs of wizard king have died because of my stupidity and disability.” -Wizard King-

(Three Heirs : Ren’s father, Ren’s older brother and Ren)

“Great grandpa, why are you crying? Don’t cry! Riam loves Great Grandpa.” little Riam has no idea why his great grandpa is being this sad but little Riam cheered him up by wiping his tears and gave him a hug.

Wizard King was touched by little Riam’s care. He continued crying and hugging little Riam for a while.

-----

“REN…..” Youra became awake.

“Young Lady, you’ve woke up now? How are you feeling?” servants rushed to Youra.

“I had a nightmare again. I saw the whole castle was doing decoration to mourn for Ren. I saw you all were telling me he has died… It was very crazy dream. But it’s not true. It’s not true, right? I know it’s just a nightmare like I always had every night.” -Youra-

All servants became painful to see how Youra still couldn’t accept that Ren has died.

“Young Lady, please don’t be too hurt! We’re so worried about you. Prince Ren has passed away for real. It’s not a nightmare. We’re living in reality right now. Our beloved prince has passed away.” servants told Youra as they all were being so hurt for this reality too.

“No, No! How can I take this? He said he’ll stay with me and Riam. He said he’ll protect us. Why did he just leave me like this? How do I suppose to take this? No way! I don’t believe this.” Youra burst out crying painfully again.

That moment, Wizard King carried Riam back to the room.

“Mommy!” Riam dropped from his great grandpa’s arms then ran quickly to hold his mother.

“Mommy, you woke up now. Mommy, why are you crying? Are you hurt anywhere? Riam will go to call doctor for you.” Riam worriedly asked his mother.

“Riam, Riam… how are we going to live from now on?” Youra cried, holding little Riam.

“Servants, take little prince to have meal! He must be hungry now. I have something to talk with the bride privately.” -Wizard King-

“Yes your majesty!” servants accepted the order then took little Riam out.

-----

Youra didn’t pay attention to wizard king’s presence at all. She kept crying with the awful reality.

“Youra! I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter