Chapter 24 : Absence Makes the Heart Knows the Importance

The Bride of Wizard King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

During Ren's absence, Youra and Riam always go to play at Aron's residence. Youra has no idea where Ren has gone. She thinks about him but she tries to hide her feeling.

Riam : Uncle, when will Papa comeback?

Aron : When he wins our enemies! Your Papa is doing war with bad creatures that always harm our people.

Riam : Will Papa be safe?

Aron : Your Papa is the best warrior. Don't worry!

Youra accidentally heard the conversation and she became worried about Ren.

Riam always had nightmare since Ren left.

Riam : Hik hik (He woke up by nightmare and cried.)

Youra : What's wrong, Riam? You had nightmares again?

Riam : I saw Papa was stabbed by sword to dead again. A lot of blood! Hik hik I miss Papa.

Youra : It's just a dream. Don't be scared! He's gonna comeback soon. Stop crying! Let's go back to sleep!

Youra tried to console Riam but she herself also worried about Ren.

-----

After a few days, Ren came back but he couldn't come right away to meet Riam and Youra because he got serious injuries and needed to be cured.

He won the battle but he got attacked and had a serious injury on his back.

Aron : Ren, are you ok?

Ren : I need time to cure. Hyung, how is my son and Youra?

Aron : They're doing fine. Riam misses you a lot.

Ren : I miss him too but I can't go to meet him with such condition. I need a few days to cure. Ahh It's hurt. (Ren started moaned in pain.)

Aron : I think you should go to rest now. I'm carrying you.

Aron took Ren to his working room. Ren became unconscious and Aron applied his back with some medicine.

-----

Aron went to meet Youra and told her about Ren's condition.

Aron : Please don't tell this to Riam! Ren doesn't want him know and worry about him. He'll get better in a few days. I gotta go now.

Youra : Where is he now? I wanna go to see him.

Aron guided her to the place.

As she entered and saw Ren was sleeping facing down his stomach sickly without shirt and the wound on his back is clearly seen like this, she burst out crying and fragile inside.

Aron : You're obviously still loving him. Why do you need to hurt him and even yourself?

Youra : If only he's not a wizard...

Aron : What's wrong with that? Despite of having super power to do many things that human can't do, we're no different from human.

Youra : That's scary.

Aron : What's scary? We never harm people. Well, there are good and bad wizards just like humans. But bad wizards are really little and we good wizards are trying to damage those bad creatures. Just like how Ren has just done. Now he's sleeping sickly. By the way, I'm gonna leave now. My wife and daughter must be waiting for me. I'll leave you alone here.

Aron left. Youra was sobbing next to sleeping Ren.

Ren : Hyung, please apply medicine for me! (He sickly asked without opening his eyes, thinking it was his Hyung standing next to him.)

Youra didn't reply. She took medicine on the table and applied for him.

Ren : It's hurt. It's hurt.... (He murmured in pain.)

Youra cried even more to see how painful he is.

Ren : Hyung, how is my son and Youra? Did you go to meet them today? I miss them so much. (He was like half awake and half in sleep but still asked worriedly about them.)

Ren : Hyung, please look after them for me!

Youra : Ren hik hik (She became emotional to know he's worried about her and Riam this much.)

Then Ren fell asleep soundly, stop murmuring anymore. Youra was with him and took care of him until dawn then she left.

-----

Next day Ren woke up with a bit better feeling. He took other full day rest to cure himself. Though his wound hasn't gotten better that much, he struggled to go to see his son in the evening.

Riam : Papa! (Riam ran quickly to his father as soon as he saw him.)

Ren lifted his son to carry.

Ren : How are you doing, my heart? (He kissed Riam.)

Riam : Riam miss Papa so much.

Ren : Papa miss Riam too. Have you been a good kid?

Riam : Yes!

Father and son were happily having conversation because they missed each other so much.

Youra : I'm gonna go to make dinner. Please take care of Riam. (She said then left.)

Ren was playing with Riam and Youra was making dinner for them. She cooked Kimchi soup that Ren likes.

-----

Riam : Wow my favorite Kimchi soup! Papa feed Riam.

Youra : Riam, let Mommy feed you. Your Papa must be so tired after work. (Youra knew Ren's condition hasn't improved much.)

Riam : Papa, let's take bath then sleep together! Riam miss Papa. Riam wanna sleep hugging Papa.

Youra : Riam, Mommy will do it for you today. Your Papa is tired. After taking bath, you can sleep with Papa, ok?

Riam : Yes!

Ren was curious. He had no idea why Youra suddenly cared about him.

After taking bath, Riam slept holding Ren until fell asleep soundly.

Ren : He already fell asleep soundly. (Ren kissed on Riam's forehead.)

He got off from bed, walking to Youra who was sitting at a table

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter