Chapter 34 : Memories Lost But Love didn’t (II)

The Bride of Wizard King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youra finally became conscious in the next morning. She woke up and saw Riam sleeping next to her. She became emotional, thinking that it was a dream to have Riam next to her like this.

“Riam, I’m not dreaming, right? My dear son! Mommy misses you so much.” Youra burst out crying and held sleeping Riam. She didn’t realize Ren was still inside her room until he came close to her.

“You woke up now? How are you feeling?” Ren asked Youra worriedly but Youra just gave him a glaze then turned her face away from him. That moment little Riam woke up.

“Mommy!” Riam quickly got up to hug Youra as soon as he opened his eyes and saw her.
“Mommy, is Mommy ok? Are you still hurt?” Riam burst out crying to remember what happened to Youra last night.

“Mommy is fine now. Don’t worry! Stop crying!” Youra gave her son a smile and wiped his tears.

“From now on, Riam will protect Mommy. No one can hurt Mommy anymore.” -Riam-

Youra felt so excited to hear how her son is so brave when he is just this small.

“Alright, please protect Mommy then!” Youra kept smiling to Riam. Ren was standing and watching mother and son’s conversation. It is his first time to see her smile after he has lost his memories on her.

“Mommy, little baby has died, right? I’m so sad to hear.” Riam burst out crying again to think about the little baby.

“I’m sorry Riam. I couldn’t protect your younger sibling. You wanted to see him or her so much, right? I’m sorry. Please forgive me!” Youra burst out crying too. She hugged Riam to console.

“Papa said it’s not your mistake so don’t blame yourself, Mommy. Papa said Mommy and Papa will have many younger brothers and sisters for Riam. I can wait.” -Riam-

Youra heard what Riam said then turned to look at Ren who was standing like an innocent.

“Right, are you hungry now? Should Mommy cook for you? What do you want to eat?” Youra tried to change the topic with Riam.

“Kimchi-soup!” Riam and Youra said at the same time then burst out laughing.

“I know your favorite food. Mommy will cook for you.” -Youra-

Mother and son looked so happy to be near each other. Ren felt happy without even realizing he is smiling just to see them smile and laugh together like this.

“Papa, Mommy will cook our favorite food.” Riam finally paid attention to his father who has been silent for long enough.

“I cook for only you, Riam. Prince Ren may not like my made food anymore. Alright, I’m gonna cook for you. Do you want to help Mommy?” Youra interrupted Ren before he could reply to his son. Ren became so upset.

Then Youra and Riam went to cook breakfast together. Riam didn’t disturb mother and son. He kept sitting and watching them silently.

“Well-done, Riam! We’ve finished now. Let’s take it to the table and eat together! Mommy will take the soup because it’s so hot. You take the plate and chopsticks.” -Youra-

Youra prepared the table for breakfast with Riam. She didn’t care about Ren’s presence.

“Alright! I’m gonna feed you. Let’s eat!” she started having the meal without inviting Ren to join.

“Papa, aren’t you gonna eat with us? We always eat Kimchi-soup made by Mommy together. It’s our favorite food.” Riam turned to ask his quiet father.

“Riam, Prince Ren doesn’t remember that. Just eat it with Mommy!” Youra interrupted Ren before he could speak out again. Ren became so hurt to be treated like this by Youra.

“Riam, you can stay here with your mother today. Papa is gonna go to work.” Riam finally spoke up something but it’s just his excuse to leave because he can’t bear with Youra’s ignorance to him anymore.

“Youra, I’ll tell servants to bring you the medicine later. You have to have it regularly. I’ll keep Riam with you today. Take care of him well! Call me if there is any problem.” Ren turned to talk to Youra before leave but Youra didn’t give a look or reply to him at all. Ren was speechless with her. He sighed then left.

-----

Ren called Eunha to meet and blamed her badly for beating Youra last night. Eunha started to build anger toward Youra and Riam more and more. She thinks she really needs to make mother and son disappear as soon as possible.

-----

Youra and Riam were happily spending time together. They talked, they played and Youra cooked all Riam’s favorite food for him. She also told Riam a bed time story before slept. Riam could fall asleep fast as he could get care and being pampered by his beloved mother.

Ren was standing outside the room, listening to mother and son. He could feel their happiness when they’re together. He feels happy too.

When Riam soundly fell asleep, Youra kept patting his head and sobbed.

“I don’t want you to feel suffered or getting hurt anymore. You have gone through a lot at this young age. I’m sorry, Riam.” Youra kept crying next to sleeping Riam. That moment Ren came in. Youra quickly wiped her tears.

“Why aren’t you sleeping already?” -Ren-

“Why did you come? Are you going to take Riam back?” Youra sadly asked.

“I’ll let him sleep here tonight.” -Ren-

Youra became relieved.

“It’s just one thing. I’ve not eaten anything yet. Can you cook something for me?” -Ren-

“You have many servants. You can ask them to cook for you, your highness. My food isn’t delicious. Please excuse me!” Youra quickly refused.

“The Kimchi-soup you cooked for Riam this morning looked so delicious. I wanna eat it too. Maybe I’ll have some memories for you after eating it. Please! I’m really hungry.” -Ren-

Youra remained silent for a while.

“Fine! I’ll cook for you but you don’t have to try to remember me by that.” Youra accepted his request then went to cook.

She carefully cooked his favorite soup for him. Ren kept looking at her.

“It’s ready now. You can eat.” Youra put the soup on table then left to bed.

Ren wanted her to accompany him but he dared not to because Youra kept being arrogant to him.

Ren started eating the soup and felt so familiar with the taste, the taste that he used to eat and loved so much. He tried to recall his memories but he ended up hurting himself.

“Ahhhhh…” Ren started feeling pain inside his head. He cried out in pain and broke all the things around him. Youra became shocked and worried. She quickly got off from bed and ran to him.

“Ren, what happened? Are you ok?” Youra tried to approach him.

“My head is so hurt. It’s so hurt.” he fell on the floor and kept crying in pain.

Youra hesitantly sat down next to him.

“Calm down! If you can’t remember about me then you don’t have to try to recall the memories. Like you said if I was really that important to you, you wouldn’t have forgotten about me.” Youra was teary, telling him.

“Youra…” Ren started dropping his tears in front of her.

“Just live your life and forget about me.” Youra started dropping her tears too.

Ren became so heart-breaking to hear her words and see her tears.

“Youra, I’ll remember you back. I’ll find my memories for you back. I don’t care if you were an evil or angel to me, I’ll have all my me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter