Chapter 39 : Wake Me, Help Me

The Bride of Wizard King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ren’s body was put safely inside his room as per order of Wizard King with being guarded strictly by bodyguards and armies. Besides a few related people, nobody is allowed to enter his room. The whole castle and kingdom cancelled the mourning. They started doing blessing ceremony instead, hoping the heir of wizard king would wake up anytime soon.

One week, two weeks then three weeks have passed yet Ren is still sleeping as the corpse on the bed. Day by day, everyone started losing the hope of having him wake up again.

At this moment, rebellion is happening almost every part of the Wizard World. Due to the news of Ren’s death, all chance seizers are trying to rebel to enlarge their power, enlarge their land and some want to overthrow the current monarch. The whole kingdom is in chaos.

Wizard King is having a great sorrow over Ren’s death so he doesn’t have feeling to do his work properly, giving chances to greedy people to attack his throne.

Wizard King has been locked himself inside his residence since Ren’s body was sent back to the castle. He gave an order not to let anyone in and he himself hasn’t come out nor joined the parliament at all. All officers as well as Aron became so worried because the situation is getting tough but wizard king hasn’t reacted anything at all. Until one day, Aron decided to break the order and entered his place.

[ At Wizard King’s Residence ]

“Grandpa, the whole kingdom is in chaos because of rebellions. We should do something. Not just being quiet and keep only praying for Ren like this. Please come to the parliament and discuss to find solution with all the officers, your majesty.” Aron kneeled down and bravely talked to his grandpa.

“How dare you! I warned nobody is allowed to enter my room. How dare you, Prince Aron!” Wizard King angrily yelled at Aron.

“I just couldn’t stand seeing our monarch is going to finish right here. Also many people are dying. We should do something, your majesty! I know you’re so sad because of Ren’s death but the kingdom and our people are important too. Please consider, your majesty!” -Aron-

“My grandson hasn’t died yet. Ren, my beloved grandson hasn’t died yet. Shut up you son of betrayer!” -Wizard King-

Aron was hurt and started sobbing to be called that way by his grandpa.

“How long do we keep Ren’s body? I really wish he would wake up but he already died. He has died for a few weeks already, your majesty.” -Aron-

“No, my grandson hasn’t died yet. He was born to be the king. He’ll wake up and become the king. Stop saying that my grandson has died or do you want to go to the throne instead?” -Wizard King-

Aron became more hurt to hear how his grandpa thinks about him that way.

“No, I don’t mean it like that. I was not born to be the king. I can’t become the king.” Aron sadly replied.

“Good that you know. You nor your father weren’t born to be the king.” -Wizard King-

“Yes your majesty!” -Aron-

“Ren, my only grandson will wake up again. My beloved grandson will wake up again.” Wizard King started sobbing to think about Ren.

“Grandpa, please don’t hurt yourself! If you want anything, I shall be here for you anytime. I’m leaving for now.” Aron bowed then left his grandpa.

Aron understood his grandpa’s pain. He knew his grandpa also knew that Ren has died and Ren wouldn’t wake up again but he tried to lie himself because he can’t just accept the reality yet. He also knew his grandpa has been blaming himself for Ren’s death.

-----

[ At Ren’s Room ]

Youra has been staying with Ren most of the time. She washes his body, changes clothes for him, combs his hair and cleans the room for him by herself.

She cries everyday as she almost loses all hope to have him wake up again. Every night, she cries holding his body to sleep. She always has the same dream about Ren. Inside the dream she sees herself calling him to get off from stepping on the stair but Ren doesn’t come down. He keeps stepping higher and higher until…..

“Rennnnn… hik hik” Youra burst out crying till woke up from sleep.

Youra woke up at the middle of the night again. As always, she woke up by crying too hard but tonight is different. It was sadder and more painful. She woke up and hugged Ren tightly as her tears kept coming out non-stop.

“Ren, you have stepped on the stair too far that my eyesight couldn’t reach you anymore. What does it mean? It means I can’t even see you in my dream, right? hik hik Ren, I’m scared.”

-----

Next day, Youra took care of Ren as usual. She cleaned his body, changed clothes and combed his hair. But this time when she combed his hair, many pieces of his hair fell along the comb. Youra became so shocked and burst out crying to see.

“Young Lady, what’s up?” servants worriedly ran to her.

Youra was holding the comb and cried louder.

Servants noticed the comb and burst out crying too. Servants rushed to go to tell Aron.

Aron and his wife rushed to come. Aron carefully checked Ren’s condition.

“Because he is a high ranked wizard with high super power that’s why his body could remain fine for this long but now it’s time. His body is getting weak. His hair started falling, his face and skin became pale… We can’t keep his body anymore.” Aron sadly said.

Youra almost fell down but servants and Minhwa caught her on time.

“I’ll go to inform to Wizard King that we should do burial ceremony for him as soon as possible. He has gone we should move on.” -Aron-

“I know Prince Ren’s death broke your heart the most, Youra but he has gone. We have to accept it. You’ve to live on and be strong for Little Prince Riam. Prine Ren must be sad to see you like this. He must be watching us from heaven.” -Minhwa-

Youra was consoled by Minhwa and servants. She was so hurt to lose the last hope to have Ren wake up but she knew she has to accept this reality and moved on because she has to take care of her son all alone from now.

-----

Aron went to inform Wizard King about this news. Wizard King was mad and blamed Aron badly at first. Then he went to check by himself and sadly accepted that his beloved son has died not just sleeping.

Wizard King announced the whole kingdom to mourn again and set the date to bury Ren.

Again, the whole castle and kingdom were full of tears and sorrow to mourn for their prince. With the clear announcement from Wizard King that Prince Ren has already died, everyone gave up their hope to have Ren wake up. Everyone is heartbreakingly waiting for burial day which will held in one week.

-----

[ At Ren’s Room ]

Aron was ordering armies to take Ren’s body to keep inside the glass coffin back suddenly Youra came in.

“Aron-oppa, could you keep his body outside until the burial day? I want to see him, touch him, hold him close inside my arms until the last day.” -Youra-

“But his body is getting weak. We should keep it inside coffin.” Aron was teary too.

“Please! I won’t see him after one week so I want to serve him until the last day, wash his body, change his clothes and comb his hair. I want to do it for my husband. Please accept my wish!” Youra painfully begged.

“Alright, if you insist!” -Aron-

Aron ordered to keep Ren’s body on bed back as Youra’s request.

-----

“Your highness, we have only 7 days more to be together. I’ll be with you all the times. I won’t leave you even a second.”

Youra laid on bed next to Ren, holding him tight inside her arms and sobbed until fell asleep.

-----

[ The Gate to Heaven ]

“Father, Mother, Hyung! Where are you? I’m sure I heard you all were calling me from here. Where are you?” Ren was wandering alone, looking for his dead family.

“Welcome to the gate to heaven, Prince Ren!” an old man dressed up in white bowed and warmly welcomed Ren.

“Who are you?” Ren turned to look at him and curiously asked.

“I’m the heaven gate’s guard. I’m waiting to open the door for you, your highness.” -heaven guard-

“Why am I here? Did I die already?” Ren became teary.

“Yes, your highness! You’ve come here through the heaven stair. You have died already. Please come this way! I’ll guide you to the heaven.” -heaven guard-

“I died already? But my bride and son…” Ren kneeled down and burst out crying.

“They’re preparing to bury your body, your highness. You have died so please follow me here!” the heaven guard said then started walking. Ren stood up and followed him behind.

“REN...”
“PAPA…”

Ren suddenly heard Youra and his son’s voice. He paused walking and turned back.

“Is there anything, your highness?” heaven guard turned to ask.

“I heard my bride and son are calling me.” Ren replied and started sobbing again.

“You’ve to move on from them because you’ve died already. Let’s hurry go, the heaven gate will close soon.” heaven guard said then continued walking.

“Ren, you were born to be the king. You can’t die now. Comeback to life!”

Again, Ren heard his grandpa’s voice.

“What happened again, your highness?” heaven guard turned to look at him again.

Ren stood still and remained silent.

“Your highness, please hurry go the gate is closing soon. Please follow me!” heaven guard insisted as the door started moving.

“Oh it’s time now. The door is closing. Let’s hurry go!” heaven guard grabbed Ren’s hand to go with him. But Ren waved his hand, refusing to go.

“I was born to be the king. I can’t die. I’m not going with you.” Ren hit the heaven guard and the heaven guard disappeared right away as the door is completely closed.

-----

Heaven door, heaven stair… everything disappeared. Only the white scenery, everything became white, the horizon white world. He didn’t know where he should go. He was alone in this white world. He didn’t know what to do. He sat down and sobbed in fear alone.

“Help me! Help me… somebody, please help me!...” Ren kept sobbing alone as his tears became a small pond around himself.

-----

[ At Riam’s Room ]

Youra was wearing clothes for little Riam.

“You look so handsome just like your father in this suit.” -Youra-

“Really, Mommy? Riam is handsome like Papa, right?” Riam excitedly asked to confirm.

“Yes, as you grow up, you look more alike to your father. Handsome and flawless!” Youra smiled softly to her son.

“Riam wants to be handsome and strong like Papa. Papa is the best prince, the best warrior. Riam will protect people and Mommy like Papa.” -Riam-

“You’re very good kid. Please be the son that your father can be proud of.” Youra held Riam and sobbed.

After dressing up for Riam, Youra took Riam to Ren’s room.

-----

[ At Ren’s Room ]

“Mommy, when will Papa wake up? Great grandpa said Papa will wake up soon. Why is he still sleeping?” Riam innocently asked.

“Papa is tired. Papa needs to take a long rest, Riam.” -Youra-

Youra tried to hold her tears in front of her son.

“Riam, from today let’s stay here together with your father! Let’s play in here and sleep here until…” Youra started dropping her tears.

“Until… until he really needs to go away from us.” Youra burst out crying and hugged little Riam tight.

“Where is Papa going, Mommy? Let’s go with Papa!” -Riam-

“We can’t go with him, Riam. He will have to go to somewhere that is very far from us.” -Youra-

“But Riam wants to live with Papa too. hik hik Mommy, please tell Papa not to go!” little Riam burst out crying then rushed to hug his sleeping father.

“Papa, don’t leave Riam! Riam wants to play with Papa. Riam wants to work with Papa. Riam wants to eat meal with Papa. Riam wants take bath with Papa. Riam wants to sleep hugging Papa. Papa…” -Riam-

Youra became more heart-breaking to see how Riam reacts to his father’s leaving.

After a long crying, little Riam fell asleep in tears hugging his father.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter