SHE'S BACK

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You didn’t have to.”

Joohyun ran to see Mino waiting for her outside the airport. She just got back from Busan, and since her flight was delayed, she came back to Seoul around midnight.

“Waiting here for hours is nothing compared to waiting for you for three days.” Mino wrapped his arm around her shoulder and guided her to his car.

“Hello, Audrey. Nice to see you again!” Joohyun greeted the car.

“You really have to say that to my car and not to me?” Mino pouted as he got inside.

“Such a jealous boyfriend.” She muttered.

“And you’re not? Should I go out with that new girl at work for lunch tomorrow? Hmmm.”

“Audrey is the only woman allowed to be near you, understand?” Joohyun snapped at him.

“And the only one that I can ride, right?” He said with a naughty smirk on his face.

Joohyun blushed and lightly slapped Mino’s face, but he was quick to grab her hand and kissed it instead.

“Just trying to change the atmosphere a bit. Can I get a kiss now, bae?”

She smiled and leaned in for a kiss.

 

********

 

Mino helped her with her luggage and laid on her bed, stretching his legs.

“Ah, it’s late now. Maybe I should just sleep here, Joohyun.”

She threw a pillow at him and he scrunched his face.

“Go home now, Song Mino. Your bed is waiting for you.”

She said his full name, and that means she’s serious. That’s one thing he learned from their first month of being in a relationship.

“Yes, Bae Joohyun.” He smiled sweetly at her, bringing back the pillow she just threw.

“Sleep tight, bae. I’ll see you tomorrow.”  He kissed the top of her head.

“It’s late now, Mino. You don’t have to pick me up tomorrow morning for work, ok?”

He was about to protest, but she stopped him with a kiss on his lips.

“Good night.”

 

Mino drove off to his place without noticing the car parked a couple of blocks away from where he parked earlier.

 

********

 

Your time is almost up.

“Don’t you think I know that? I’m trying my best here, but your dear Irene is being such a . Just hang in there. I’ll bring her to you and you can do whatever you want. Stop wasting your time calling me, ok?”

Suzy dropped the call and immediately got another one.

“Is she back?”

You’ll never guess who her boyfriend is.

 

********

 

Joohyun was meeting with the marketing team of Project XX for the next wave of promotions. They’re planning to do a series of Black card members’ (premiere status members, Pink card members are the regular members) privilege discounts in time for the Holidays.

 

She will be attending the meeting with Seulgi, Joy, Somi, Jinhwan, Junhoe and Mino.

She was excited to see how they will be around each other professionally despite their new relationship.

Mino was standing outside the conference room, with his back against them. She then realized he was talking to a tall, beautiful lady. She suddenly felt a tinge of jealousy when the model-like lady gently placed her hand on his shoulder while sharing a laugh with him.

“They’re here.” She pointed to them, and Mino turned to see her.

 

They smiled back to each other and Mino waited for her so they can walk side by side.

As soon as they entered the room, Joohyun saw Jinhwan and Somi huddled with the tall lady.

Mino presided the meeting and introduced her as the new Marketing Director for YGE, Won Minji.

 

After the meeting, Mino invited her for lunch, which Joy and Seulgi did not mind at all. He shared that aside from being an executive, Minji is also a painter known as Anda. They’ve known each other way back at the university Arts Club with his ex-girlfriend.

Joohyun doesn’t mind hearing Mino’s stories, but she actually can’t help thinking about how he’s surrounded by beautiful, accomplished women all the time. She can’t even compare herself to Jisoo, who only made her feel better after knowing she’s dating someone else.

Ladies like Minji though, are successful and even shares the same fancy interest as her boyfriend. She can’t even draw a flower without ruining one petal.

 

She went back to her desk feeling the same way when she received a messa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter