FRIENDS

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Junhoe, come here!”

Mino called his assistant for the third time now. The young guy ran from the kitchen and stood next to him.

They were working at the bistro, as Seunghoon, Seungyoon and Jinwoo are all busy that weekend. Since they have two relatively new service crew members, it almost seems like he’s babysitting them and his assistant.

 

“Can you call Hanbin and ask where he is now? Tell him to get here fast.”

Junhoe took out his phone. “Yes, Master Song.”

“I told you to stop calling me Master Song. Wait, ok. Call me Master Song again.” He’s actually used to it now.

 

Donghyuk, Yunhyeong, Chanwoo and Suhyun are all busy manning the kitchen and the counter when Jinhwan came rushing in.

“Mr. Song, here are the list of merchants that have placed their bid for the new recreational mall in Jeju.” He gave him a stack of documents that he forgot on his desk yesterday.

“Thanks for dropping this off. Go order something here. It’s on me.” He smiled back to the hardworking man in front of him.

Suhyun tucked her hair behind her ears and asked for Jinhwan’s order. “Here’s our menu, sir.”

 

Junhoe stood next to Mino. “Master Song, Hanbin-ssi is--”

“I’m here, hyung!” Hanbin declared as soon as he entered the bistro.

“He’s here.” Junhoe muttered while sneering at Hanbin.

“One order of double cheeseburger and Cola, please!” Hanbin called out to Chanwoo, who was busy cleaning up a table nearby. The kid just gave him a nod and walked away.

“You’re paying for that.” Mino told Hanbin as his eyes bore on the pages of the documents handed by Jinhwan.

“Ah, hyung. Why do I always pay to eat here?” Hanbin pouted.

Mino looked up and hit his head with the papers on his hand. “Yah! Are you someone special?”

“I’m Jennie’s boyf--” Hanbin was cut off as Mino hit his head again.

“Then that’s more reason for you to pay.”

Jennie’s boyfriend scoffed on his seat.

 

“How is it working with Taehyun?” Mino set aside what he’s doing at the moment to discuss with Hanbin.

A group of diners came in, and Donghyuk was quick to usher them inside. Mino and Hanbin then lowered their voices as they continue to talk.

“He is the key, hyung. He has sorted out the problem as soon as he saw the codes. We’ll run it on our own first, before handing it over to Wendy-ssi for testing.”

Taehyun really is a genius, and Mino feels disappointed that the kid preferred to do random side jobs than just getting employed full time.

“How about Jennie? Are they getting close?” He just wants to know.

“Not on my watch.” Hanbin puffed up his chest and smirked at Mino.


 

“So, are you joining us for dinner tonight at the Dungeon?”

Hanbin started scratching his head. “Ah, yes. She told me to be there to meet her friends.”

“Haven’t met them yet as well. I’ve been staying at my place the entire week. This whole YGE business is a pain in the , to be honest. I’m lucky I have Junhoe.”

He gathered the papers again and was about to review it, when he felt Junhoe staring at him.

“I’ll work harder, Master Song. Thank you for the compliment.” Wait, is he about to cry?

“You know what, join us at the Dungeon for dinner too.”

 

*******

 

“I can’t wait to meet your brothers, Jendeukie!” Rose, Jennie’s university friend from Australia visited her along with Lisa.

“Oh god, I hope they won’t embarrass me.” She sat there waiting for her friends to finish unpacking their things.

“I can’t believe you pushed the BP project to your brother. It’s almost ready to launch!” Lisa just finished hanging her clothes inside the closet.

“I know. You have no idea how much I have been through to get here.” Jennie sighed. Just the thought of everything she has done for this project makes her feel sick.

 

“But what I wanted to know is how you managed to work with your ex and current boyfriends!” Rose sat beside her, while the other girl squealed in delight.

Jennie blushed as the two started teasing her. “I’m actually surprised that Taehyun was super casual about me and Hanbin. I guess we just moved on from that past now. I’m also lucky that Binnie isn’t really a jealous type of boyfriend.”

“Or maybe he’s just faking it.” Lisa suggested, making Jennie think about it too.

“Well, you can all ask him later. He’s joining us for dinner!” Jennie giggled along with her friends.

 

********

 

“Aunt Minjung?”

Junhoe asked the woman standing at the kitchen counter.

Why is she Aunt Minjung? She looks young.

“Ah, yes. I’m Aunt Minjung.” Lisa turned to see a confused looking guy staring at her in disbelief.

“Ahm, Master Song asked if you have all the ingredients prepared for the Banggol pasta.” The poor assistant asked her.

“Banggol? You mean Vongole?” Lisa tried to stifle her laugh as she sees Rose approaching them.

“Yes, that’s it.” Junhoe smiled nervously. A pretty girl is standing next to Aunt Minjung.

“Hey Lis, Jen is looking for her phone. Just give it back to her, you silly girl.” Lisa then ran away from the two to let the confusion she started to continue.

“She’s not Aunt Minjung?” Junhoe asked the pretty lady in front of him.

“What? Oh, no. Wait, let me get her for you.” Rose smiled apologetically and left to look for the lady in question.

 

“Junhoe, did you ask Aunt Minjung?” Mino changed to a more comfortable shirt and jeans. He promised his sister that he’ll cook a dish for dinner.

“I thought I was talking to her, but she’s not the real Aunt Minjung. Then I saw an angel.” His eyes sparkled at the thought of the angel he just met.

“YAH! What are you talking about?” Mino shook the poor kid awake from his trance.

 

“Everything’s prepared now in the kitchen, son.” The real Aunt Minjung stepped out the kitchen with Rose in tow.

The redhead beauty stopped upon seeing Mino. Her blush matched the color of her hair as Jennie’s brother greeted her.

“You must be one of Jennie’s friends. I’m her brother, Mino.” He bowed to her, and noticed his assistant looking stiff beside him. “And this is my assistant, Junhoe. He’s single.” He playfully smirked as the girl continued to blush.

“I’m Rose.”

Junhoe bowed his head so low, Mino pressed his lips together to hide his amusement.

 

“Oppa, where’s Hanbin? I thought he was with you at the bistro earlier?” Jennie was just walking down the stairs and caught up with them.

“He said he’ll change his shirt first. Junhoe played with him.”

“We made a bet on who can finish a plate of fries first. He spilled ketchup on his shirt.” Junhoe explained to Jennie.

“Dorks.” Lisa spoke behind her friend. Junhoe saw her and felt embarrassed about what happened earlier.

“This is my friend, Lisa, anyway. You’ve met Rose?” She asked him.

“Yes.” Junhoe tried to avoid her eyes.

“Hello, Lisa. I am Mino, Jennie’s brother. This is Junhoe, he’s single.” He smiled as he continued to tease his assistant. Lisa turned to him as Mino started making his way to the kitchen.

“Hi Junhoe! Have you seen Aunt Minjung?” She asked the kid with a wink.

He started mumbling words, but no one understood him.

“How about you join oppa in the kitchen instead?” Jennie asked to save him from Lisa.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter