LADIES AND A MAN

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He didn’t know what made him invite them over. They have the bistro all to themselves, as it’s supposed to be closed at this time.

As soon as he entered the kitchen, he took off his coat and tie, rolled his sleeves to his elbows and started taking out ingredients.

He let the girls to chat and catch up.

 

“I still can’t believe what you did, Jennie!” Joohyun knows she can never do such brave act as that.

“You’re a Kwon! That’s like a royalty here. No wonder you kept coming to work with different Chanel bags everyday. I thought they were fake, to be honest.” Yeri laughed as she held Jennie’s purse.

“Jennie, how does it feel to be in the presence of your brothers everyday?” Wendy has her chin resting on her palm.

“Well, it’s nothing special, really. I mean, Mino oppa doesn’t even live with us.” Jennie chuckled lightly as she answered this tricky question.

“Please don’t talk about me behind my back.” Mino set down a tray of spicy chicken stew, beef and tofu soup, roasted carrots and rice.

 

Joohyun felt funny in her stomach. Is it the food or Mino? She doesn’t really know now.

“Fine. Jiyong oppa is mostly quiet, except when Dara unnie is around.” Jennie continued her chat with Wendy.

“You girls need drinks?” Mino stood up upon hearing her name.

“Ugh. They really look good together. They’re the perfect match.” Wendy looked on.

Mino got back with another tray with drinks, except for Wendy’s. “Ah, I forgot.”

 

Joohyun decided to satisfy her hunger for real now and started eating. The soup tastes so good, she almost drank it like water.

Then she heard him laughing.

He reached his hand with a napkin. She was so busy enjoying her food without realizing that her glasses are fogged.

“I like watching people who likes to eat. That’s why you’re my favorite customer.” Mino told her.

Yeri made an annoying noise, but that only made her face blush harder, if that’s possible. Why is this man making her feel this?

 

“So, I guess we’ll be seeing more of each other now?” Wendy said as she tried to keep a straight face looking at Mino.

“Looks like it. Mino oppa is in charge of this project, so he will be meeting with you most of the time. I need to do some school stuff, so I probably can join only if I’m available.” Jennie explained to them. Jiyong bargained that she will have to finish her studies before officially joining the team.

 

So Joohyun will be seeing this man more often now? She needs to learn how to calm down around him then.

 

“Let me wash the dishes, Chef Song.” Yeri piped up as Mino started gathering the plates.

“What? No. You girls need to go back to your office. I have the entire day to myself. Besides, I missed my kitchen.” Mino protested, but the adorable lady is already tying her hair up and has worn an apron.

“I won’t be needed in the office as long as my boss tells me.” She pointed at Joohyun and Mino understood now. She’s the boss. Impressive.

 

“Uhm, I really have to go back now. I have a meeting at 2pm. Thanks for the wonderful lunch, Song Mino-ssi.” Wendy said while wearing her coat.

“Please, just call me Mino.” He just wants to see how she will react to this. To his delight, the girl almost lost her balance and smiled like a little girl.

“You too, Jooohyunie. Call me Mino.”

Joohyun, who was just laughing at Wendy’s reaction stopped and stared at him.

Joohyunie?

This man.


 

The girl named Yeri is washing the dishes, and Mino can’t help but feel uneasy about this so he stayed beside her.

“Stop worrying, Chef Song.” She may have noticed him lingering around the kitchen.

“I just don’t feel good about this. I was the one who invited you here.” He smiled at her. It seems like she’s the only one who acts normal around him.

“You already cooked for us. It’s only right that I help you.” She smiled back. Mino then pondered about getting a female service crew. It does brighten up the kitchen a little bit.

“You cook well, Chef Song. I always buy takeaway here for my lunch. I do hope you’ll consider having deliveries though. I’m always having a hard time going here. Good thing my boss allows me to leave early for lunch so I can have a head start.”

This girl is chatty, and he likes it. His mind is now set to get a female crew.

 

“If Joohyun is your boss, why do you call her unnie?” Something he also picked up from what she just told him.

“Well, she wants me to feel comfortable around her so it will be easier for us to check on each other. She doesn’t want me to back down just because she’s my superior. But mostly, it’s because I’m her only friend at work. Me and Jennie, but I guess it’s just me now again.”

 

Mino frowned upon hearing this. Joohyun seems like a nice girl.

“Is she a snob at work?” He asked.

“No, but a lot of them are intimidated by her. They think she’s too good to be true.” Yeri beamed at him. Why does it sound like she’s selling her image to him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter