BUB & BAE

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are many things that have changed since Joohyun started dating Mino.

She started becoming more conscious of her looks, even asking Jennie and Yeri to join her shopping for new clothes.

Her glasses have long been forgotten, because she admits that it really is hard to make out with her boyfriend with it.

She has also become more confident, knowing that someone, someone really special, loves and accepts her. Sister issues and all.

The V card drama no longer exists, and it’s extremely important that Mino was the one to break her barrier, no pun intended.

Joohyun has also started taking pills, because she wants to be responsible about their life choices.

Things have changed.

 

She is now on board a first class flight to Busan to join her boyfriend, second son of one of the most influential businessmen ever, on a business meeting. The trip is for them to spend more time together and doubles as her way to cope up with her suspension from work.

 

Things really have changed.

 

********

 

They arrived their hotel suite in Busan, and Mino had to leave right away.

Joohyun took the initiative to unpack their things. She doesn’t cringe upon seeing Mino’s underwears, but her heart almost dropped upon seeing a box of hidden inside a secret pocket under his luggage.

One box. Unopened.

Just how many of these things does he need for their 3-day trip?

Interestingly, she finds it tempting to take on the challenge.

Damn it, Joohyun.


 

It was actually raining outside and she’d rather spend the next days holed up in their hotel suite than get drenched in the rain.

She changed into a comfy pair of shirt and jeans, waiting for her boyfriend to call.

Watching the rain outside, her mind flew to the most mundane thoughts she can ever pull off in this moment.

 

Is this how it feels like being married to Mino?

Joining his out of town trips, even those out of the country too. Waiting for his calls, after his schedule frees up. Probably going around the city on her own to buy gifts and souvenirs to bring home to his family and their friends.

Will Mino let him continue to work for SMI? What will her co-workers think of her?

She shook her head. Why is she even thinking about this? They’re not even engaged yet.

 

But what if Mino asks him then and there? She somehow found herself smiling, knowing that if her boyfriend asks will you marry me, her answer would be…


 

“Yes?” Joohyun stood up right away at the sound of the door opening.

Mino appeared with a bouquet of yellow roses and a handsome smile on his face. She tried to peek if he somehow has any other gifts tucked away from her sight, like a ring box, maybe?

“Flowers for my bae.” He handed her the bunch of flowers and leaned for a long kiss.

“Sorry, the meeting went longer than I expected. Did you stay here the entire time I was away?” He asked as he started taking off his clothes one by one until he was down to his undershirt and boxer shorts.

Joohyun laid the flowers on their bedside table. “It has been raining since you left, so I just stayed here. Got a good nap and some quiet time. It was nice too.”

Mino smiled and slumped his back on the bed, motioning for her to lie on his chest. She did so and they shared each other’s warmth for a while.

“We’re having dinner with Woo Jiho tonight. Would you be comfortable to join us?” He asked her as his hands moved up and down her back.

“Will it be like a business kind of dinner?” She pondered. She actually don’t want to hear about their business deals, out of courtesy.

“It’s more of a double date, actually. He brought his fiance too.” His lips pressed on top of her head.

Fiance. Such a trigger word.

“Sure, let’s do it.” She looked up and Mino stooped down for their lips to meet.

“The dinner is still an hour away, so we have some time for us to spend. How about I take a shower now and you join me?” His naughty smile is plastered in his face.

“Sounds like a plan.” She said, and Mino stood up right away. He carried Joohyun inside the shower room and their giggles, moans and grunts can only be heard along with the continuous pour of water.

 

********

 

If someone told Mino a year ago that he will leave the kitchen at the bistro to work for his brother, he would’ve been insulted.

If someone told him a year ago that he will be crazy in love with his favorite customer, he would’ve found it the most random thing ever.

Mino pondered how his life was so much different a year ago. Here he is, out on a business trip with an investor for his first YGE project, and waiting for the most beautiful person in his life to dress up for their dinner date.

Joohyun has completely taken over his waking days. Even if they’re not together, he can’t help but make sure that she’s doing perfectly fine. She really is the silver lining in his chaotic life right now.

Is it too early to think about marriage right now? They’ve only been together for a couple of months, but their connection is so strong, it feels like she’s been a part of his life ever since.

But it’s unwise to push forward. He doesn’t want to pressure her. Joohyun has been getting a boost in her career and he wants her to achieve her goals.

Besides, he doesn’t have any plans of parting with her. No. Never.

 

He took a quick look in the mirror and saw her at the corner of their dressing room wearing a red dress.

She saw him looking at her and he was greeted with a shy smile.

“Does this look okay for a dinner?”

Mino bit his lip and asked her to turn around. She hesitated at first, but he insisted.

“You look beautiful, bae. I don’t even want to go outside now. I just want this view for myself.” He said while locking his arms around her waist.

“But I’m hungry now, bub.” She pouted. God, she looks adorable.

He heaved a deep sigh and kissed her lips. “Fine. But we’re having dessert here.”

Joohyun looked confused. “Is that supposed to be something ual?”

Mino laughed as he gave her a hug. “I’m sorry, bae. Am I being too vague?”

“Hey, I’m serious! You know I’m not an expert in that area.” She blushed under his embrace.

“Really? You’re actually a natural in it.” He parted from their tight hug to survey the reaction on her face.

“Stop it.” Sure enough, she’s as red as a tomato. She pinched his arm and he grimaced dramatically.

“Fine, my tomato bae. I’ll stop now before you make a move and get me to make love to you right now.” He continued to .

“Really? Is that why I saw a box of on your luggage? Because you’re afraid I’ll seduce you?” It was Mino’s turn to blush now. He laughed it off and tried to come back at her.

“That’s for emergency use only.” He cleared his throat and checked the time. “We have to go now, bae.”

She was smiling at him, fully aware that she won that round. She turned to get her purse and held his hand as they walked outside.

“Let’s leave now, so we can open that box after dinner.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter