THE ART COLLECTOR

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino waited for her to come in, as he started preparing the coffee for her Friday usuals. He also wanted to give her an extra cookie, because he feels a little generous.

But she never came. It’s already five minutes to eighy o’clock, but still no sign of her.

“Ah, maybe she’s not coming to work today.” Donghyuk, another restaurant worker, muttered beside him.

“That may be it.” Mino sighed as he walked over the door and locked it, along with the curtains by the window.

 

This day suddenly felt bad.

 

He was about to head out after Donghyuk waved him goodbye when he received a message.

 

A smile spread on his face as he went back to the basement parking of his apartment building and drove off with his trusty Audi.

He parked in front of a newly opened contemporary art museum in Itaewon. Footsteps muffled along the silent gallery leading to a man standing in front of a masterpiece.

Mino stood beside him quietly.

 

“You’re here.” The man spoke to him.

“I’m here.” Mino answered as he took a quick glance to the fancy man standing beside him.

The man in his expensive suit opened his arms to welcome Mino in a hug.

“You came here quickly to my invitation, yet you can’t grace your own brother’s invitation for a dinner with your sister.”

Mino felt a lump in his throat as the man he looked up to slammed him with the truth.

“That’s a different story, Seunghyun hyung.” He looked at the painting again.

The fancy man let out a small laugh.

 

“I know you’re tired of seeing food, but can you join me for brunch?” Seunghyun did not even wait for his answer as he started walking away. Mino smiled to himself and followed him anyway.

They took the elevator two floors up, and was welcomed with an overwhelming display of grandeur.

Seunghyun stepped in to the restaurant and the hall manager was up to his feet in an instant.

They were ushered to a private corner with an overlooking view of the cityscape.

Mino didn’t have to do anything, as Seunghyun took the liberty of ordering their food. He just sat there taking in everything he can to observe the place.

They were served wine as they wait for their food.

“What can you say?” Seunghyun asked him while his wine glass lingers around his lips.

“Overwhelming, to be honest. If this is a brunch and lunch place, I’d be too intimidated to eat here.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter