BACK TO THE DUNGEON

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino parked his Audi beside Jennie’s Bentley at the driveway.

He sent her a message a couple of hours ahead about agreeing to that dinner invitation, and he expected to be welcomed by her.

As soon as he pushed the door to the Dungeon open, he was greeted by the most amazing sight in the world.

 

There she was walking down the stairs with her beautiful hair tucked behind her ears, her perfect skin glowing under the light of the glass chandelier hung at the center of this household and her smile, still as angelic as ever. The smile that melts all of Mino’s troubles.

He looked at her lovingly, as his eyes moved down on her belly. How can he forget that she’s already carrying his brother’s child in her womb?

He felt a stab on his chest as he imagined her living happily as a family with Jiyong.

“I’m glad you decided to come, Mino.” He did not even realize that Dara is already in front of him. Dara tiptoed to give him a hug, as he lowered himself to welcome her in.

He closed his eyes as her arms wrapped around his shoulders. He can feel her smile against his skin and that made him hurt more.

He knows he will always be a little brother to her. She let go of him and Mino kept his head down when another hug greeted him.

“Chef Ssong!” Jennie came running at him and jumped to give him a hug. He was almost knocked out by her brutal greeting, but he was happy to hear her cheerful giggles again.

“Looks like you’ve been eating a lot in Australia. You’re a lot heavier now.” He pretended to lose his breath as Jennie tightened her hug on him.

“You’re still dramatic. How come you have to agree to the dinner at the last minute? Dara unnie even missed her birthing class just to cook your favorite dish.”

Mino smiled at this. He has always loved Dara’s cooking. It’s also one of the reasons why they bonded a lot before. They were both foodies, and they enjoyed exploring new restaurants together.

“I cooked your favorite spicy chicken stir fry.” Dara smiled at him as her hand gently rubbed her belly.

 

“How’s the pregnancy going? I heard from Yoon that you already took a leave of absence.” Mino asked Dara as he held her hand to help her walk to the couch. Jennie ran to the kitchen to get them drinks.

“The baby is quite a handful, to be honest. I’ve been having a hard time dealing with the spasms.” She cringed a little as she slowly sat down.

Mino can’t help but look at her face. She is still the most beautiful woman he has ever seen. And even in her pregnancy, she still looks radiant and glowing.

“So is it a boy or a girl? Let me know so Uncle Song can get that lucky baby a gift.” He asked her, who suddenly gave a laugh.

“It’s actually silly. We don’t want to know the gender of the baby yet. Everytime I visit my doctor, I just wanted to know if the baby is normal and healthy. It was Jiyong’s idea, actually. We’re doing a bet.” Dara smiled sweetly at the mention of his husband’s name.

Mino chewed on his lips to hide the irritation he feels at the mention of his brother’s name.

“That’s cute. Uhm, aren’t we eating dinner now? I need to go back to the restaurant.”

 

Mino actually took the day off, as Seunghoon and Jinwoo are going to be at the bistro tonight. Seungyoon will also drop by after his shift. However, being with his friends seems like a better plan than spending the night here.

“Let’s just wait for a while. Your brother is on his way home now. Just stay here for the night, Mino.” Dara looked at Jennie for backup, as the maknae brought out Mino

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter