CAUGHT UP

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino stood outside Joohyun's unit. He froze for a while at the thought of feeling her presence once he gets inside.

It's been four days, and she hasn't called yet. Apparently, she dropped her phone and the earpiece got broken so she can't call...or something like that.

 

He opened the door and was welcomed by the sight of Suzy shoving a Nutella sandwich in .

And just like that, his emotions changed from longing to hatred. He doesn't need to go there, but he promised Joohyun that he'll check on Suzy every once in a while, and make sure that she always have a strawberry ice cream.

 

"Can't you just knock first?" She said before gulping a can of soda empty.

Who would have thought that her rehab on drug use would make her a sugar hoarder?

"Why do I have to knock when I have a key?" Mino dropped the strawberry popsicles inside the freezer.

He opened the fridge and tossed the garbage inside the black bag he perched next to the sink.

"What if I'm watching here?" She was quick to get her hand on a popsicle while Mino threw the black bag on the chute outside.

He will never engage in any form of conversation with her because it always ends up to a fight.

 

"Or maybe, that's what you're really hoping for. You can just ask, Charming. I'm not really an ugly stepsister, you know." She started walking towards his direction.

"Take another step and I'll break your neck." He warned her.

"And you're back! Don't shut me out, Mino. I'm your girlfriend's sister." Suzy plopped back to the couch.

"For 's sake, we're not going to be friends. Ok?" He looked at her and she's still smiling.

"What?! Come on, man. Loosen up. Between you and me, you're the one who probably needs an upper right now. And I'm supposed to be the one who's addicted to it." She then laughed out loud.

"You probably should see a doctor to check your head." Mino muttered as he was preparing to leave.

"Aw, you're concerned about my mental health? That's so sweet, bro-in-law. Don't worry, I'll let my sister know about it when she calls later."

 

Mino stopped in his track. "She'll call?"

"Uh, duh. She does everyday." Her eyes rolled, but that's not what infuriates him all of a sudden.

"She calls you everyday?"

"Like she doesn't call you. I'm sure you've exchanged heavy breathing on the phone already." Her amusement dropped upon seeing Mino's blank look.

"Oh . Don't tell me…" She sat up.

Mino swallowed the enormous lump in his throat. "No, she hasn't called me yet. She told me her phone is broken or something."

Suzy stared at him, as if waiting for him to say he's just joking.

"Her phone is fine. What the is happening? Did you say something to her before she left? Why would she not call you?"

 

He doesn't know either.

 

--------

 

"You're up early, babe."

Jiyong saw Dara nursing a cup of coffee at the patio. Something's off about her lately, and she wouldn't talk to him.

"I just got woken up by Dami earlier. Do you want some coffee?" She stood up, but Jiyong held her wrist.

"What I want is for you to tell me what's bothering you."

"It's just the usual, Ji." She said, not looking at him.

"I don't think so. Tell me, Dara. Talk to me." He gently rubbed his thumb on her wrist.

 

"You should practice what you preach, Ji." She turned to leave.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter