ON THE EDGE

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie knew something was wrong when Hanbin ran to her with an unusual frown on his face.

Today was the day where the graduating students will be posted around the university. Jennie was just catching up with Hanbin and Soyeon when she noticed that they weren’t jumping up and down like the others.

“Jen,” Hanbin tried to hug her, and a lump on choked her immediately. Something is wrong.

She pushed her boyfriend away and ran up the stairs towards the list of names plastered on the bulletin board in front of them.

Her fingers started to tremble as she traced each name under KIM.

Tears started to fall on her face when she realized her name was not on the list. As soon as she turned around, Hanbin caught her in his arms and led her away from the crowd.

“I don’t understand.” She kept telling him while they walked towards an open space.

“How is that possible? You completed all the tests and requirements. You have no failing grade. You even have better grades than I do. What the is going on?” Soyeon ranted beside her.

“There must be some mistake. Maybe they just skipped your name by mistake. Calm down, Nini. We’ll see what this is about.” Hanbin assured her.

 

After calming her down, Hanbin joined her to the dean’s office.

“Ms. Kim! I was just about to ask you to drop by.” The dean told her as soon as she walked in.

“I just want to know why my name is not on the list.” She bravely asked her.

“I’m afraid that your final grade for your thesis is marked incomplete, Ms. Kim.”

Her pulse quickened. “I handed my thesis and was graded an A by Prof Han.”

“I am aware of that, Ms. Kim. But your thesis adviser withdrew your grade on grounds of stealing intellectual property.” The dean told her.

“What?” Jennie raised her voice.

“A student reached out and handed an old research paper she passed for her Business Strategy subject years ago, and your model for the Blackpink software matches the one she had on paper written before you even came back from Australia. The student board is looking into this now, and as long as this isn’t final, your grade will remain incomplete and you won’t be graduating soon enough.”

“Who’s paper is that supposed to be?” Jennie asked, although she already had a name in her head. She can already picture her scheming smile and she wants to rip that smug off her face.

“Ms. Kim Dahyun.”

 

--------

 

“I ing hate that EXO guy.” Anda said as Hoony gave her a bottle of beer. They were hanging out at the bistro with Mino after office hours.

“Who doesn’t? Do you want me to ask Nam to hack him again?” Mino said as he stuffed his face with Jaewon’s chili mac and cheese.

Things have been well between him and Joohyun, and that’s the only thing that m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter