REBELS

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He needs me?”

Suzy dropped to her knees and Joohyun sat beside her.

“He’s suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. No one is left to take care of him. If no one takes him out of the hospital in two weeks, they’re going to turn him over to the facilities for the elderly.”

It took Joohyun a couple of minutes before everything she said sunk in.

 

“How about your mother?” It was the first thing that came to her.

“That divorced him and is now ing my ex boyfriend. What a lovely mother, right?” Suzy laughed behind her tears, and Joohyun actually felt bad for her.

“How about you?” She wondered why Suzy had to run after her.

“You think I did not do that? I attempted, but they won’t allow me to be his guardian given my police record.” She started crying again, out of guilt.

“I’ve been trying to sober up, since I first flew here. Because I thought that if my plans to get you will fail, then I should give it another try. But I fell into the trap again a couple of weeks ago. That’s when I decided to come back to LA and check on him. And guess what? He doesn’t recognize me anymore, Irene. He only calls for you. So I came back here and got myself arrested so that I can finally get your attention.”

Joohyun started to weep, feeling pain for her father and Suzy.

“I’m so sorry, Suji.” She went and hugged her sister as they shared a moment. Mino slowly walked inside her room to give them some privacy.

 

“You have to go to him, Irene unnie. He needs you.”

Joohyun looked at the door of her room, knowing Mino is just right behind it.

 

********

 

Jiyong woke up to an empty Dungeon.

Jennie left early to her school, oblivious to the scene that just happened the night before. Dara did left the next day with the twins.

He called Jaesang to tell him everything. He gave him a mouthful, but promised to ke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter