FOOD THERAPY

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jennie, are you ok?”

Dara saw Hanbin leaving the Dungeon in a hurry.

“Unnie…” She sobbed as soon as Dara sat beside her, embracing her as soon as she met her teary eyes.

“He broke up with me.” Jennie continued crying and her sister-in-law can only hold her tighter. Brushing her hair aside, Dara let the poor girl cry her eyes out.

“Jennie, unnie is just here for you.”

 

It took a while before Jennie calmed down. Dara invited her down to the kitchen, after sending a message to her husband and Mino that the area is off limits to the men of the Dungeon, except for Baby Jaehyun.

“Here, sweetheart.” Aunt Minjung prepared a hot tea for the ladies.

“I think you really need this break, Jennie.” Dara said as the calming effect of the floral tea washed over them.

“I just don’t understand why he pretended to be ok about everything when he’s not? We could’ve fixed everything before it came to this.” She reached for the box of tissue as her tears are starting to fill her eyes again.

“Of course he wouldn’t want to look weak in front of you. He probably felt that he can still find a way to lead your relationship.” Aunt Minjung shared.

“Why do they think that way? Why does it always have to be about their ego?” Jennie slammed the kitchen counter with her tiny fists.

“I know. Even your brother thinks that way sometimes.” Dara said as she took another sip of her tea.

 

“What’s with the tea party?” Jiyong entered the kitchen.

“Yah! Are you Baby Jaehyun? I told you men are not allowed here!” Dara hissed at her husband.

“What? I didn’t get the chance to check my phone the entire day. We met some investors--why is Jennie crying?” Jiyong saw her sister’s face that’s glistening in tears.

“Who’s crying?” Mino followed Jiyong.

“What’s the purpose of your phones if you don’t even check it?” Dara glared at both of them.

“Why are you crying?” Jiyong looked directly at Jennie.

“Is this about the app? Don’t worry about it, Jen. Nam and Wendy already told me it’s ok now.” Mino stood beside her patting her back.

“I was just stressed about that. Nothing else.” Jennie looked down on her teacup.

“Ok, I’ll check on the twins first and change. Are you sure everything’s fine, babe?” Jiyong asked Dara who has been avoiding his eyes.

“Yes. The twins are sleeping, don’t wake them up.”

 

The two guys walked out of the kitchen, wondering about what they have just witnessed there.

“That seems weird. Is she that stressed about the app? It only took them hours to fix the problem though. Wendy even said Hanbin was with Jen and Nam earlier.” Mino was talking loudly to himself as he reached for the door of his room.

And then it hit him.

He looked at Jiyong’s direction, who also stopped in front of the twin’s room and looked back at him.

They went back to the kitchen, still with their suits on.

 

Aunt Minjung just stepped out to check something when the two boys appeared.

 

“What did he do to you, Jennie?” Mino asked her.

She looked surprised, and wiped her tears dry. “Who did what to me? What do you mean?”

“Did Hanbin make you cry?” Jiyong asked.

“Ji…” Dara reached for her husband’s hand. “Don’t intervene. Let the kids fix this.”

“Oppa, we just had a misunderstanding.” Jennie tried to remain calm.

Mino calmed down a bit and reached for a glass of water. “Ahh. Gahd, I thought you two broke up.”

Jennie started to tear up again, and Dara was quick to stand by her side shooting deadly stares towards Mino and Jiyong.

Jiyong was about to say something but his wife stared him down. Mino was still in shock. How can Hanbin break up with his sister?

“Pizza, anyone?” Jiyong asked.


 

The siblings and Dara decided to have pizza for dinner as they sat at the entertainment room of the Dungeon.

The twins woke up and are now cuddled by their parents. Baby Dami was playing with her father’s hand and Baby Jaehyun was resting on his mother’s chest.

A movie was playing, but the four adults were busy eating and making Jennie smile.

Jennie is back to her old self for a bit, but her eyes remained puffy. Mino just told them a story on how he almost cried when he first tried a traditional pizza in Italy.

Jiyong kept glancing at Jennie. She saw him once and that made her heave a sigh.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter