BREATHE

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun in her breath upon seeing Mino outside her apartment building, waiting for her to come down.

They argued last night about Mino driving her to work. Everyone at SMI knows that he owns a dark blue Audi, and dropping Joohyun using that car would only make people talk.

Afterall, their relationship isn’t normal. They work for rival companies, and are actually working in contract for a joint project.

 

Mino was waiting outside with Junhoe’s car. He switched cars with his assistant so he can drive his girlfriend to work.

Drive his girlfriend to work. Just the thought of it makes him smile.

 

Joohyun ran to him, excited to start her day with her boyfriend.

“Careful,” Mino told her as he opened the car door to her side.

“Good morning to you too, Chef.” She smiled and gave him a quick kiss.

“Ha-ha! Good morning, Bae.” He kissed the pout that formed on her face.

“Stop calling me that.” She protested as she got inside the car.

Mino turned to the driver’s seat and went it. “But you are a Bae, and you are my bae.” He said as he checked her seat belt.

“Still a no.” She said squishing his face.

Mino grunted and she let go of his face. They were on the road when Mino checked the time. “We’re still early. How about we drop by the bistro for breakfast?”

“I have to be at the office early today. Starting a new project.”

“Will you be working late tonight?” He asked her.

“No, but I’m meeting with the girls. Jennie’s been bugging me already.”

“Sorry about my bratty sister.”

“Shall I brag about my sister to you?” Joohyun asked him with her face inches away from him.

“You’re so cute, bae.” Mino stoop a little to steal a kiss from her.

“Hey!” She was about to hit him when Mino cleared his throat.

“We’re here!”

Joohyun looked outside to see the SMI Tower beaming down on them.

“Here’s your lunch.” Mino grabbed a lunch bag from the backseat and gave it to her.

“A Chef Song special for lunch? Can this day get any better?” She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek.

“Have a great day, bae. Oh, that rhymed! I should be a rapper, right?”

She rolled her eyes and laughed at him before leaving the car.

 

This day is off to a good start. She went straight to the elevator and pressed 18. Who cares if it’s the faulty elevator? She wouldn’t let anything to ruin her day.

“Joohyun, good morning.”

She almost dropped her lunch bag upon seeing Sehun inside.

She just hummed a greeting to him. No one can ruin this day.

“Do you still hate me?”

Just ignore him, Joohyun.

“Please, let me just have a moment to talk to you.”

Just a couple more floors. Don’t stop, elevator.

“Joohyun…”

“Sehun, please. Let’s just move on, ok? I’m in a new relationship already. Now if you still keep on meeting up with my sister, and I know that you do because she said so, why don’t you just start dating then?”

The elevator door opened and Joohyun stepped out, leaving a shocked Sehun behind.

“She’s in a relationship?”

 

********

 

Mino and Joohyun have decided to tell their friends about their relationship now, but separately.

Joohyun met the girls at a cafe. She opted going to the bistro at first, but thought that Mino would probably be there.

Jennie knew about it, and has been bugging her to tell the others too because she couldn’t keep it a secret anymore.

“Joohyun unnie, you’re looking prettier by the day.” Jennie started the topic.

“Oh, I remember you were dating some guy, right? What happened to that? Is that why you’re glowing lately?” Seulgi pressed on.

“Uhm, about that…” She started. Yeri put down her fork and leaned closer. Wendy moved her seat next to Jennie, and Joy bit her lip in anticipation.

“We’re officially a couple now.”

The girls cheered loudly, making her shush them down.

“She has a boyfriend now!” Seulgi announced inside the cafe. The other diners clapped too, as the group of pretty ladies stood to cheer for her more.

They settled down a bit and now comes the more serious question.

“Who is the lucky guy, unnie?” Wendy asked her.

She bit her lip as she can feel her insides doing some s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter