HIS FAVORITE CUSTOMER

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino closed his eyes as soon as his back felt the cold wall of the kitchen. His hand searched for something in his pocket and took out a pack of cigarettes. He was about to light one when someone called him out.

“Hey! Don’t smoke here. There are still customers inside.” A hasty Seunghoon whispered to him.

“Fine. I’ll just step outside.”

He walked out of the restaurant’s kitchen and continued his business. Weekend shifts are the worst for him, being the head cook of a restaurant he co-owns with his friends.

A restaurant that caters to night customers before and after their party destinations, a dinner to hangover bistro, as he fondly explains to people who ask about his business.

It’s already 7AM, an hour before closing time. After flicking his cigarette to the trash, Mino rushed inside just in time for the last customer.

 

His favorite customer.

 

There are many reasons why he’s fond of this particular diner. First, she always comes in to have her breakfast before going work, unlike the other customers who are nursing their hangovers from partying all night. She would always sit at the table just behind the counter that gives him a slight view of her everytime she comes in. Behind the veil that separates the counter and the kitchen, Mino gets to peep on his favorite customer enjoying the food that he always cooks extra special for her.

He also finds her routine breakfast choices for every day of the week quite amusing.

She always would order a bulgogi set with extra egg on Mondays, toast and omelette on Tuesdays, club sandwich on Wednesdays, waffle and chicken on Thursdays and just plain black coffee on Fridays.

She is a woman who eats well. Someone who loves to savor every bite of her food. She doesn’t keep the strange look on her face when something seems bad on her plate or when she enjoys it too much.


 

“Ah, here she comes, guys.” Seunghoon stood behind the counter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter