WELCOME TO THE CIRCLE

In The Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino sneaked out of the Dungeon anyway, despite Jiyong’s note on his room to meet him for breakfast.

Jennie’s plan was enough to give him a headache. He didn’t know how her tiny head came up with that project.

 

He walked inside the bistro from the back door and saw Yoyo mumbling to himself. A long list of order was in front of him, it looks like a huge group of party goers have found their little bistro.

“Need help?” Mino asked the kid who’s running back to the pantry.

“Chef Song!” He cried out.

“Let me get the meat orders done. You prepare the deep frieds.” He ordered his assistant, who nodded immediately.

He can hear Seunghoon settling the bill of one of the customers behind the counter, and someone else, probably Jinwoo, preparing the drinks on the other side of the hall.

His first order is done, and is awaiting the crispy fries from Yoyo. Seunghoon took a peek and was surprised to see Mino.

“What are you doing here, punk?” Seunghoon asked with a sneer on his face.

“The Dungeon was suffocating. Couldn’t sleep, so I just decided to help you. We are seriously understaffed. Hello, Jinwoo!”

Mino managed to greet his actor friend while he continues to stir a huge serving of pasta that will accommodate four orders.

After an hour, the kitchen is back to normal, but Yoyo is breathing heavily beside him. He gave the kid a cold drink from the fridge and laughed at the amount of cooking they just did. Mino was about to catch a break outside when he heard Seunghoon.

 

“Oh, it’s Mino’s favorite customer!” He was telling Jinwoo, but Mino heard it as well from the kitchen. Yoyo took a peek from behind the veil and smiled at him.

“It’s her, hyungnim! I wonder why she’s here at this time.”  His assistant tried to take another peek and pushed the curtain aside.

In that moment, Mino met her eyes, as if she was also looking for him. She bowed her head upon their eye contact and tried to take another seat that’s not in front of their little window.

But her friends have already settled down.

 

She bowed her head and went to the restroom as Jinwoo approached their table.

“Hi ladies, here’s our menu.” Jinwoo handed out the booklets as he smiled brightly at them.

“Oh my god.” Joy exclaimed and grabbed Yeri’s arm. “Are you the actor Kim Jinwoo?”

Yeri’s eyes doubled in size as she realized this. Even Seulgi took a better look at their server and blushed.

“Ah, I’m just Kim Jinwoo the server here.” The pretty man humbly replied.

Wendy felt unaffected by this, as she started ordering right away. "I’ll have an order of the bulgogi pasta, onion rings and iced cold Cola, please.”

Jinwoo took note of her order. Back in the kitchen, Mino heard her and quickly instructed Yoyo to prepare the onion rings. He walked over the fridge to get a serving’s worth of bulgogi pasta and blanked out at the thought that this is the first time his favorite customer was here on a weekend.

He was clueless on what she will order, and that was quickly answered when Jinwoo handed the order list. Yunhyeong checked it, and recited the orders.

“One bulgogi pasta, two onion rings, one kimchi fried rice with grilled beef and extra egg, two orders of double cheeseburger with fries, and---soup?” Yoyo scratch his head at what he just read.

Mino called Jinwoo. “What kind of soup is this?”

Jinwoo looked confused. “Don’t we have a soup on the menu?”

“Hyung, we already removed the soups on the menu as people aren’t really ordering it.” Mino explained to him, and realized Jinwoo has not been in the bistro for some time.

“Can you just ask the customer for another order?” He asked the server patiently.

He smiled at him and walked away. Jinwoo has always been a patient person, making him the best person for the job of serving tables.

But he came back more confused. “Mino-yah, she said she just wanted anything hot.”

Mino pouted his lips thinking about this weird request. “Yoyo, can you help me plate this pasta and check the beef slices for a while?” His assistant is on deep fryer duty, but before he can say anything, Seunghoon walked in the kitchen and offered to help.

“I’ll take care of this.”

 

Mino walked out and joined Jinwoo to talk to the customer.

His favorite customer looked surprised as they went to their table. Mino realized she was the one with the weird order. That made him smile.

“Hi miss, our chef would like to know what specific hot meal you’re looking for.” Jinwoo asked the shy lady.

Seulgi bit her lips at the sight of Mino. “Well, I guess the chef is the hot meal here.”

Yeri giggled beside Joohyun who can’t stop fumbling with he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter